2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

Let's not act like the MetroStars name was some amazing feat of branding either.

It's better than Red Bulls even though it definitely had a 1990's feel about it.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my money, New York Red Bulls is about a zillion times a better look and brand than the old MetroStars. The original name was so bush league, and none of the rebrandings could have saved it.

For my money -- even though it's essentially an ad -- this:

bl74ky7m7fy27oxap4qkffgdt.gif

Looks so much better than this:

1560.gif

And especially this:

6990.gif

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

For my money, New York Red Bulls is about a zillion times a better look and brand than the old MetroStars. The original name was so bush league, and none of the rebrandings could have saved it.

1560.gif

And especially this:

6990.gif

I prefer the Metrostars shield out of those 3.

As for the name it could have probably been altered (Metro or Metropolitan FC) or they could have found to a way to modernize.

The Montreal Impact also have a 1990's name (they were in a number of minor leagues before MLS) and they managed to salvage it.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

1560.gif

And especially this:

6990.gif

AGREED!

I

1560.gif

And especially this:

6990.gif

I second that. Liked the Metros name but not the logo or shield. Wondering why NYRB doesn't use that Red Bull Salzburg version.

Revs look less :censored: than they have in a long time. What they really need, though, is an ENTIRELY new identity.

And also a stadium in or reasonably close to Boston.

And also better players.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

A little side note that's always bugged me:

How come it's Red Bull Salzburg but over here they call the team New York Red Bulls?

First off, isn't it supposed to be Red Bull New York (that's what I've been calling the club all along) and even if the typical North American naming style is adopted should it be singular? New York Red Bull.

I could have sworn when Red Bull bought the club that originally the concesus was to call the club Red Bull New York.

My friend who I purchase TFC seats with always calls me a douche for saying "Red Bull New York" he's just kidding around of course, but he usually follows it up with a "is the game called football?" type comment too.

That's always bugged me. Sorry, I know it's slightly off topic.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

They addressed that back at the acquisition - you're both right. The organization's name is "Red Bull New York", as seen on the badge, but the playing squad itself is called the "New York Red Bulls."

Confusing, arbitrary and stupid, but there you have it.

Very stupid.

Thanks for clarifying, clearly I missed that and allowed it to bug me for far too long.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Mon., March 3:
Houston Dynamo (public event at BBVA Compass Stadium)
LA Galaxy (unveiled on LAGalaxy.com)
Portland Timbers (public event at Pure Space)
Seattle Sounders (private event at CenturyLink Field Pro Shop)

Some actual reveals today. It will be interesting to see the real things with all the little details.

I think the plastic/hologram crests we've seen, as well as other elements that seem to be plastic (flag on NE, fleur de lis on the Impact), are kind of a weird touch. They've gone on and on about how light the jerseys are, only to stitch hunks of plastic to them. I'm interested in learning more.

Footyheadlines has taken the wind out of the Jersey Week sails, but I'm still excited to see the real releases.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

A little side note that's always bugged me:

How come it's Red Bull Salzburg but over here they call the team New York Red Bulls?

First off, isn't it supposed to be Red Bull New York (that's what I've been calling the club all along) and even if the typical North American naming style is adopted should it be singular? New York Red Bull.

I could have sworn when Red Bull bought the club that originally the concesus was to call the club Red Bull New York.

My friend who I purchase TFC seats with always calls me a douche for saying "Red Bull New York" he's just kidding around of course, but he usually follows it up with a "is the game called football?" type comment too.

That's always bugged me. Sorry, I know it's slightly off topic.

The weirdest one is RasenBallsport Leipzig. I hope they don't get the licence for the 2. Bundesliga for next season.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

What's going on with the Adidas logo on the new LA Galaxy kit? Click to see it huge to see what I mean.

NTcx8DU.jpg

Some kind of texture to the Adidas logo. There's something going on with the Galaxy crest, too.

Texture in the Adidas logo looks to be the same style as the sash is. At first I thought that the sublimation in the crest was stars, but no, just circles I guess to do something different.

At least it's not pseudo-scientific garbage about how the materials make the jersey 2.1% lighter and softer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived