2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

How could they not see how a simple black short makes the kits much better?

SounderBlack.jpg

I disagree. I think that's a pretty boring look.
Come on, you can't have one full color for the shorts/socks and then a completely different one for the jersey. Remember, the MLS is striving to be taken seriously by the rest of the world and making a mistake like that certainly doesn't help.
Sorry. I didn't realize that was a rule. Someone should let these guys know:

rooney_2422872b.jpg

Always exceptions to the rule and Man U can afford to error given their history (even those these are horrible). Doesn't make it right. It's especially wrong when the bottom color is lighter than the top (as is seen in another post). Just poorly designed. Simple and clear.

The other issue is the Sounders having the lighter color on the bottom be the unique neon green. If it's a more traditional color it can pass.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SounderBlack.jpg

Come on, you can't have one full color for the shorts/socks and then a completely different one for the jersey. Remember, the MLS is striving to be taken seriously by the rest of the world and making a mistake like that certainly doesn't help.

rooney_2422872b.jpg

Always exceptions to the rule and Man U can afford to error given their history (even those these are horrible). Doesn't make it right. It's especially wrong when the bottom color is lighter than the top (as is seen in another post). Just poorly designed. Simple and clear.

The other issue is the Sounders having the lighter color on the bottom be the unique neon green. If it's a more traditional color it can pass.

I'm sorry but you are wrong, a kit can have light socks with a dark top (Man U being another example) and still look good. Your reasoning is rediculous as to why you dont like it, I will say having that striping pattern on the socks when it's found nowhere else in the kit is a faux pas though

SounderBlack.jpg

rooney_2422872b.jpg

I'm sorry but you are wrong, a kit can have light socks with a dark top (Man U being another example) and still look good. Your reasoning is rediculous as to why you dont like it, I will say having that striping pattern on the socks when it's found nowhere else in the kit is a faux pas though

Man U has fixed their faux pas this season. Again, it's not 100%, what is? I'm just saying it doesn't look balanced or well designed to have the same bright color for the shorts/socks and then a dark drastically different color on top. I can't think of another team that does that, can you?

large.jpg

SKC's set is my current fave so far. They have some nice socks to go with it. Noticed more teams with nicer socks this year.

Video: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/03/04/jersey-week-2014-sporting-kansas-city-unveil-new-hoops-style-away-jersey

Wait, so now they have two half-light-blue/half-dark-blue kits? What purpose does that serve?

And, as ever, what do they wear in Philly or New England?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

SKC's set is my current fave so far. They have some nice socks to go with it. Noticed more teams with nicer socks this year.

Video: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/03/04/jersey-week-2014-sporting-kansas-city-unveil-new-hoops-style-away-jersey

Wait, so now they have two half-light-blue/half-dark-blue kits? What purpose does that serve?
And, as ever, what do they wear in Philly or New England?

These.

3C3tNrn.jpg

jaSQf8Z.jpg

The hoop kit for CCL and prime time games? Who knows? Looks great regardless.

The Union's reveal had their Name/Number colors looking quite a bit different from the rest of the jersey.... the team store has a cleaner match though... Overall I like it... it looks like the Union, and to me thats the most important thing.

Bh7TsdyIEAAwZQR.jpg

USMNT-1.png

The Union's reveal had their Name/Number colors looking quite a bit different from the rest of the jersey.... the team store has a cleaner match though... Overall I like it... it looks like the Union, and to me thats the most important thing.

Bh7TsdyIEAAwZQR.jpg

jaSQf8Z.jpg

Huge improvement IMHO. Thumbs up.

Archived