2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

Chi: The background of the Quaker logo makes the sponsor less visible, like you must make an effort to read. I think the sponsor must clearly stand.

Co: Nice

Dallas: I agree with a previous comment: why make rid of the white hoops? It was a sort of signature for them. Why not thinner hoops instead of this?

Crew: Fine, except the black blocks on shoulders, missing something to complete those blocks, if we really want them.

Hou: Well, OK

Chivas: OK

Tor: Little maple leafs on Toronto shirt, isnt Ottawa the capital city? But I won't launch that debate again, the shirt is very nice, very CHIC colour.

NE: OK but its no revolution ;-)

Portland: I dunno, I thought the yellow and green were awesome colours for them but I like em.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Van is great great.

I note the jerseys have more classic looks, I don't see lots of contrast colors on entire shoulders for exemple or white areas like the MTL home. I think diversity should prevail instead of having everybody the same pattern. Until now, I mostly like what I see. Very interesting.

I wonder who is giving out those leaks.

The Dynamo kit is beautiful. I wish they did the same with the home i hate it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by these, Adidas simplified everything (like i've been wanting them to do) and the league is starting to look really nice. I don't remember this many really good kits coming out at once.

If I were running the New England Revolution, now that FC Dallas has dumped the Red and White hoops and Chivas USA is not long for the MLS world, I'd be planning to implement a Red-and-White hooped or striped jersey as part of their kit. Own the American flag imagery brought to mind by their American Revolutionary War theme.

In my perfect world, the Revolution would pair a Red-and-White striped jersey with Navy Blue shorts for their home kit. As a clash kit, they'd either go with the Navy Blue jersey/Navy Blue shorts combo they currently wear as a clash, or adopt a Navy Blue jersey/White Shorts/Red socks look. For a third kit, I'd put them in an update of the NASL Boston Minutemen kits, complete with a modernized version of the Minutemen logo (which I'd have the Revolution use as a secondary mark).

xsonmsoqaeaky3vgg841td4g9.gif

Besides the modernization of the logo, I'd reposition it slightly, centering it over the middle (White) stripe.

If I were running the New England Revolution, now that FC Dallas has dumped the Red and White hoops and Chivas USA is not long for the MLS world, I'd be planning to implement a Red-and-White hooped or striped jersey as part of their kit. Own the American flag imagery brought to mind by their American Revolutionary War theme.

In my perfect world, the Revolution would pair a Red-and-White striped jersey with Navy Blue shorts for their home kit. As a clash kit, they'd either go with the Navy Blue jersey/Navy Blue shorts combo they currently wear as a clash, or adopt a Navy Blue jersey/White Shorts/Red socks look. For a third kit, I'd put them in an update of the NASL Boston Minutemen kits, complete with a modernized version of the Minutemen logo (which I'd have the Revolution use as a secondary mark).

xsonmsoqaeaky3vgg841td4g9.gif

Besides the modernization of the logo, I'd reposition it slightly, centering it over the middle (White) stripe.

Yes on all fronts. Especially the Minutemen throwback.

Rendering of what someone proposed for a U of Miami / Miami MLS stadium combo. Not bad looking:

1896926_705665529473593_1175093796_n.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived