Buffalo Bills by Nike

raysox

The first version of this logo was originally drawn last fall. It was a Buffaslug looking Bills logo. The current just seemed so static, so I wanted to give it a more realistic look, and provide a sense of motion.

The rebirth of this concept was done a few months ago. I finally drew the logo on inkscape, and then for some reason, i stopped. Fast forward to two weeks ago, and I needed the shape for my Winnipeg concept for my US Soccer series (which just finished and you should go check it out!) . I drew the full body logo. Then I was like "hmm that logo looks done. I'll just recycle the standing buffalo and pass it off as a fauxback!" And here we are now!

The script stayed the same, no outlines like what they have in the endzones now. There are things I'm not sold on their uniforms thatI hoped to fix. So the idea was a uniform based on the current nike rebrands happenig in the NFL. The old red helmets returned. Then I did a blue uniform with white pants, something that worked way better than the all navy look. The sleeve stripes and number font are the Michigan State numbers, because the fauxback looked too much like the home. The white/blue look they have on the road also looks very good, so that stayed. The alternate is a classic looking helmet with plain uniforms. I tried to match all the stripes over many background colors. This was a pretty quick concept, but I thought it was up to my quality of work.

Bills.png

Bills2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Like said before by others. I love the standing buffalo you have, not so much the 'charging' buffalo. I could like it, not because of the slug look, but because I really get no Bison/Buffalo look from it. Maybe it's the lack of a defined eye. I know the Bills logo doesn't have a truly defined eye, but the legs make up for it, which this doesn't have.

Jersey wise I really like everything going on here. Everything is really clean and simple, which is what I like. This probably only goes for people from Buffalo when I say I don't really like the red helmet. (Too many bad memories with those) However, as a concept I think it balances out the use of more white in the jerseys.

These definitely look nice though regardless of what I talked negative of, so that obviously shows it doesn't need to be changed.

Like said before by others. I love the standing buffalo you have, not so much the 'charging' buffalo. I could like it, not because of the slug look, but because I really get no Bison/Buffalo look from it. Maybe it's the lack of a defined eye. I know the Bills logo doesn't have a truly defined eye, but the legs make up for it, which this doesn't have.

Jersey wise I really like everything going on here. Everything is really clean and simple, which is what I like. This probably only goes for people from Buffalo when I say I don't really like the red helmet. (Too many bad memories with those) However, as a concept I think it balances out the use of more white in the jerseys.

These definitely look nice though regardless of what I talked negative of, so that obviously shows it doesn't need to be changed.

From Syracuse, but live in Buffalo, and I gotta say I think it would be an improvement if they switched back to the red helmet. Seeing them side by side with these uniforms and they look great.

I really like the retro standing Buffalo. The first thing when I saw the charging Buffalo, I thought "BUFFASLUG!" and sure enough, that's what you said it was lol. I still think feet are needed in the logo though.

The jerseys are great; I like the use of White as a secondary instead of Red. It makes it different from the other 36 teams that are Red, White and Blue. I prefer the Red helmet on these too, but most Bills fans hate them.

Archived