Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee noire..the current look is good but its too Christmas-esque..just look like a holiday team! With the Buck it looks like a reindeer. Thats why I believe the general consensus feels. That and they have had better.

While I will agree they have had better (the set illwauk posted) I just don't get the Christmas color angle. Sure red/green/white are associated with the holiday, but to use that as a base for disliking the current unis seems...unsubstantial. Not saying you feel that way but to those that do surely there is an argument against that has more weight. Personally I find that color scheme refreshing in a league that has a criminal lack of green.

No one goes "the Flyers need to change, their colours remind me of Halloween." Green, red, and white is a sharp look. While the initial Bucks set was very conservative I still think it's the best they've ever looked. The Irish rainbow look is probably the second best they've ever looked, in my opinion, but I think the green and red is more distinct as far as the NBA is concerned.

Green/gold too Celtics, no?

Where's that image from?

Slam Magazine. Someone on Reddit had scanned and uploaded a bunch of magazine photos like this a while back. Desmond Mason was always one of my favorite players so I saved the image. I can try to find the link for you if you're interested.

Very true. That was an oversight on my part. I wasn't thinking about those green/gold alternates they have, not to mention the logo. I was mainly thinking of the Sonics when they come back.

Edit: Here's the link, Gothamite: http://imgur.com/a/UMfXm

My NFL concept seriesĀ (in progress)Ā --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Lee noire..the current look is good but its too Christmas-esque..just look like a holiday team! With the Buck it looks like a reindeer. Thats why I believe the general consensus feels. That and they have had better.

While I will agree they have had better (the set illwauk posted) I just don't get the Christmas color angle. Sure red/green/white are associated with the holiday, but to use that as a base for disliking the current unis seems...unsubstantial. Not saying you feel that way but to those that do surely there is an argument against that has more weight. Personally I find that color scheme refreshing in a league that has a criminal lack of green.

Well then you should love these... :D

terry-cummings.jpg

Well then you should love these... :D

terry-cummings.jpg

TouchƩ. :notworthy:

That's just too much green for one team though. I'd like to see them spread the wealth (green=money=wealth=bad puns) throughout the league.

Does anyone know how the Bucks even hit upon the Irish rainbow pattern in the first place? I've long been curious about that.

In their next branding life--well, provided there'll be one--that should really be a key element of their identity system again. (That is, if they take the time to actually develop one. That's a painstakingly intensive process, though, that involves a whole lot more than just logos and uniforms.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff.Ā šŸ˜

|| dribbble || BehanceĀ ||

Does anyone know how the Bucks even hit upon the Irish rainbow pattern in the first place? I've long been curious about that.

Don't know want you're asking for here. Color blocks have been in basketball for a long time. The Knicks wore them in the 1950s:

5331625_1m.jpg

Marquette drew a lot of attention for these in the early 1970s:

02.jpg

The Bucks applied this to different shades of the same color, but I'm not sure they were the first to do that.

Don't know want you're asking for here. Color blocks have been in basketball for a long time. The Knicks wore them in the 1950s:

5331625_1m.jpg

Marquette drew a lot of attention for these in the early 1970s:

02.jpg

The Bucks applied this to different shades of the same color, but I'm not sure they were the first to do that.

Interesting, that '70s Marquette top. Without knowing what year the Irish rainbow first showed up on the Bucks' uniforms, could it be that they pulled that idea from Marquette in the first place, but like you said, just chose to do it with three shades of the same hue? (I don't know--I'm just pulling guesses out of thin air over here.) However it happened, it did make for a very unique effect, especially since it's still being reminisced so fondly even to this day. But you know the popular adage: sometimes the best ideas happen by accident.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff.Ā šŸ˜

That would make a whole lot of sense, then--and after Goth's post, that's what I suspected.

In their next branding life--well, provided there'll be one--that should really be a key element of their identity system again. (That is, if they take the time to actually develop one. That's a painstakingly intensive process, though, that involves a whole lot more than just logos and uniforms.)

A custom athletic uniform factory called Sand-Knit in Berlin, Wisconsin, now Ripon Athletic, makers of the Marquette sets of the '70s, created the pattern for the Astros' tequila sunrise in '75 and the Bucks' rainbow in '76. They still make uniforms for the Packers, Eagles, Raiders, Panthersā€¦ and many more.

e2ac6502077f211bf9b38240fc7d63c3.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Archived