Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Bucks did make the conference finals in 2001 (?), so there's that. Of course, we also know what happened the following season, so...

(As an aside, I just looked up the deer's current record. 10-45...ouch.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, Ray Allen was kinda interesting, wasn't he?

ray-allen-nike-air-money.jpg

I meant visually/branding-wise (this is a sports design forum, after all)... but I do have a soft spot for the big purple deer.

Still, even that was quite awhile ago (and I had one of those jerseys in high school... damn I'm old).

The Bucks, in my basketball watching years (last 15-20 years) have always had a mediocre, playoff bubble team that just manages to get by, but never takes that next step.

Late 90s- early 2000s they got George Karl and the Big 3. Reached the Conference Finals once but that was the climax.

Then they did the Gary Payton thing; Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut came along; Brandon Jennings came along. Nothing, nothing and nothing.

Now after playing in years of mediocrity, they've nose-dived to the bottom.

sig.png

The Bucks, in my basketball watching years (last 15-20 years) have always had a mediocre, playoff bubble team that just manages to get by, but never takes that next step.

Late 90s- early 2000s they got George Karl and the Big 3. Reached the Conference Finals once but that was the climax.

Then they did the Gary Payton thing; Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut came along; Brandon Jennings came along. Nothing, nothing and nothing.

Now after playing in years of mediocrity, they've nose-dived to the bottom.

So true, from the head-scratcher trades to the people in charges' years of refusal to comprehend and concede to a true rebuild has caused the Bucks to bottom out.

Even when they had virtually secured a playoff spot last year, they made that ridiculous trade with the Magic for J.J. Redick to boost their roster and gave away a promising young(still only 21 years old) Tobias Harris.

What's funny is they're now accidentally tanking for ping pong balls due to their incompetence, even though their plan all along was to squeak into the playoffs.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I absolutely love this jersey!!! Its almost as good as the Irish rainbow. Sure the buck is huge but color wise aestheticilly beautiful.

They're indeed lovely. Even though the very first thought that came to mind when I saw these colors was Wimbledon. Game worn '95-96 Glenn Robinson and '96-97 Ray Allen's rookie shorts:

6670990f-f22f-4f9d-a517-0eaf29631f8f_lg.59480a_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Just a thought, but it seems that CCSLC has enough Milwaukee fans on here that we could try to use that to get the Bucks attention. Most of us seem to want the Irish Rainbow. Is there a way we can start a Bring Back the Rainbow group? Do those kinds of fan groups even work? I think the Padres fanbase tried to bring back the brown, and it failed. Anyone have any info on that?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived