Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

Indeed, he was! And now the new 34, Giannis Antetokounmpo!

Giannis-Antetokounmpo-bucks.jpg

That would be a gorgeous uniform if they swapped around the red and green. I really do not get the logic of having an alternate based on the 1971 uniforms if they were just going to reverse the colors.

And count me in for the Bring Back The Irish Rainbow campaign. The avatar for the Save Our Bucks facebook group uses an Irish Rainbow version of the old Bucks wordmark... perhaps there's already some inroads there.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a gorgeous uniform if they swapped around the red and green. I really do not get the logic of having an alternate based on the 1971 uniforms if they were just going to reverse the colors.

And count me in for the Bring Back The Irish Rainbow campaign. The avatar for the Save Our Bucks facebook group uses an Irish Rainbow version of the old Bucks wordmark... perhaps there's already some inroads there.

So there ARE people around the town (or metro) who wanna see them stay...

I make it a point whenever I'm in places like Milwaukee or St. Louis to holla at the locals about the state of their teams. For the most part, most folk I shot the sheet with up in and around Milwaukee seemed pretty indifferent about them. I don't doubt a decade+ of mediocrity factors into that somehow, but still...I'd have thought someone somewhere would've at least elicited some emotion somewhere. (Or maybe I just need to stop talking to people who work in steel plants. :P )

Oh and...count me in for the Bring Back the Irish Rainbow thing, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thank you Elwood!!! That Jersey and short brings tears to my eyes!

You're welcome! Do you know what else the colors reminded me of back then? These. I'm actually quite fond of her(I think her name is Bambi) with her '70s hair and makeup. Hope she doesn't make you tear up too much:

WBLmilwaukeedoeswinterhat_zps052831eb.jp

8465299649_5d3f09cfa8_z.jpg

78mildoe-sked.png

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

So there ARE people around the town (or metro) who wanna see them stay...

I make it a point whenever I'm in places like Milwaukee or St. Louis to holla at the locals about the state of their teams. For the most part, most folk I shot the sheet with up in and around Milwaukee seemed pretty indifferent about them. I don't doubt a decade+ of mediocrity factors into that somehow, but still...I'd have thought someone somewhere would've at least elicited some emotion somewhere. (Or maybe I just need to stop talking to people who work in steel plants. :P )

Dude, I live here and I'm SHOCKED that 4,000 people actually still give enough of a damn to click "like" on a facebook page. It also seems that since the Blackhawks started winning Stanley Cups again, more and more Milwaukeeans would gladly jettison the Bucks for an NHL club (yours truly included).

I'd prefer green alternates too but the color is probably reserved for future retro nights. They may have thought of this warm up jacket and decided on red for the throwback inspired alternates:

aeaa88675b7d0a38ad868172b71be561.jpg

58_6051A_lg.jpeg

32_23764e_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I've seen fragments of the Irish rainbow on the Bucks' site before but it's become more prominent beginning with this season ticket promo from a year ago. It was followed by locally designed limited edition t-shirts last fall and then a few weeks ago these scarves were given to season ticket holders on their appreciation night:

bykoeqjcmaamvwa1.jpg

_N4C1352.jpg

It'd be lovely to see this striping sequence again on uniforms, not just throwbacks:

33_25796a_lg.jpeg

33_24904b_lg.jpeg

And it's nice having people who care about the Bucks:

safe_imagephp_zpsf0b5af93.jpeg

Perhaps I'm late to the party, but that Bridgeman warm-up sure looks like the Tequila Sunrise pattern...

Yup, same design, different colours. Sand-Knit called it the "UltraStripe" design in their catalogues and eventually licensed it to other manufacturers.

Man Henson looked incredible with that Irish rainbow uniform!!! Thanks again Elwood

Have you seen this? This original design by a local Milwaukee artist was pitched to the Bucks for their new floor and from what I've read, they loved it but decided it was too radical to take to the NBA. Can you find the truck in it?

28007169_floor_ohdeer.jpg

Archived