Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find the truck but I can find the hate..thats a hideous looking court!! I look thor hardwood baseline floors. But the buck looks bad and I cant tell if those are cheese or what? ?

If they were to do something radical they should do something like Oregon with the WOODS or kick ass forest concept.

shado_logo.gif

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

Here's a Medalist Sand-Knit ad from '77 NBA All-Star Game Magazine:

101661b_lg.jpeg

101661a_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I've seen fragments of the Irish rainbow on the Bucks' site before but it's become more prominent beginning with this season ticket promo from a year ago. It was followed by locally designed limited edition t-shirts last fall and then a few weeks ago these scarves were given to season ticket holders on their appreciation night:

bykoeqjcmaamvwa1.jpg

_N4C1352.jpg

It'd be lovely to see this striping sequence again on uniforms, not just throwbacks:

33_25796a_lg.jpeg

33_24904b_lg.jpeg

And it's nice having people who care about the Bucks:

safe_imagephp_zpsb9680d9b.jpeg

Actually, unless I'm looking too far into the commercial, I get the feeling the Bucks just told us, "Yes we know you all want that Irish Rainbow back, and no we're not going to bring the jerseys back."

BucksHensonThrowbackIrishRainbow_zpsf371

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I had the same reaction when I first saw this "jab" at passionate fans last year and found it strange for a season ticket promo. I think this was just meant as a light-hearted "clever" take on fans' liking for anything throwback.

The Bucks switched to the all green rainbow uniforms soon after Herb Kohl purchased the team in '85, so it may happen again with a new investor like Junior Bridgeman, who wore the rainbow sets.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Yes, the "red" uniforms '77-85 had the rainbow stripes on shorts but were dropped on the "green" sets '86-92. Instead they added braid around leg ends to the green shorts which were not on the red ones. To me, the rainbow design was more pronounced during the "red" years:

bridgeman_bucksbest_111031_10.jpg

pressey_bucksbest_111103_4.jpg

pressey_bucksbest_111103_9.jpg

1000x1000copy_zpsaeb43d87.jpg

5359101989_547c1acd83_b.jpg

"Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talks about a wide-range of topics from being back in Milwaukee, the future of the Bucks, the way the game has changed and LeBron James' Mount Rushmore":

kareem-140303-6.jpg

I love this old '71 championship banner with Bango:

kareem-140303-3.jpg

kareem-140303-1.jpg

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I just moved to Milwaukee and the first things i thought of when it came to the bucks was ours_is_the_fury_by_dear_chemistry-d6wk4and

this is a pretty bad ass logo and using the line from Game of throne which is

tumblr_m53fvgbmGm1ro1zebo1_1280.jpgwallpaper-baratheon-1600.jpgJust some thoughts I'm looking forward to bucks games

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

Online polls are easily manipulated and perhaps another city's fan base or a group or persons with their own agenda did participate. JSO sports polls hardly ever reach this number of votes unless they're Packers related. I'm an optimist, my total is 52% who want the Bucks to stay put :)

Online polls are easily manipulated and perhaps another city's fan base or a group or persons with their own agenda did participate. JSO sports polls hardly ever reach this number of votes unless they're Packers related. I'm an optimist, my total is 52% who want the Bucks to stay put :)

I'd say that's an accurate portrayal. I mean, Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I think 87.4 percent of statistics are made up." =)

spacer.png

I doubt it... I live here and that sounds pretty accurate based on my own anecdotal interactions with people. There's a lot more to do in Milwaukee now than just watch sports and root for the home team like it was in the Bucks' heyday, and there's a new generation of Milwaukeeans who don't feel that we need a mediocre NBA franchise just to prove that we're "on the map."

Yes, the "red" uniforms '77-85 had the rainbow stripes on shorts but were dropped on the "green" sets '86-92. Instead they added braid around leg ends to the green shorts which were not on the red ones. To me, the rainbow design was more pronounced during the "red" years:

bridgeman_bucksbest_111031_10.jpg

Now that is about as perfect as NBA unis can get - my all-time favourite uni matched up against my 2nd favourite.

I'd say that's an accurate portrayal. I mean, Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I think 87.4 percent of statistics are made up." =)

It's back to school tonight for me, thanks!

still-of-rodney-dangerfield-in-back-to-s

Archived