Elwood

Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Recommended Posts

I can't find the truck but I can find the hate..thats a hideous looking court!! I look thor hardwood baseline floors. But the buck looks bad and I cant tell if those are cheese or what? ?

If they were to do something radical they should do something like Oregon with the WOODS or kick ass forest concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheese Basketballs!

Wow... I'm local and I didn't even realize those were supposed to be cheese cubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

Here's a Medalist Sand-Knit ad from '77 NBA All-Star Game Magazine:

101661b_lg.jpeg

101661a_lg.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen fragments of the Irish rainbow on the Bucks' site before but it's become more prominent beginning with this season ticket promo from a year ago. It was followed by locally designed limited edition t-shirts last fall and then a few weeks ago these scarves were given to season ticket holders on their appreciation night:

bykoeqjcmaamvwa1.jpg

_N4C1352.jpg

It'd be lovely to see this striping sequence again on uniforms, not just throwbacks:

33_25796a_lg.jpeg

33_24904b_lg.jpeg

And it's nice having people who care about the Bucks:

safe_imagephp_zpsb9680d9b.jpeg

Actually, unless I'm looking too far into the commercial, I get the feeling the Bucks just told us, "Yes we know you all want that Irish Rainbow back, and no we're not going to bring the jerseys back."

BucksHensonThrowbackIrishRainbow_zpsf371

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same reaction when I first saw this "jab" at passionate fans last year and found it strange for a season ticket promo. I think this was just meant as a light-hearted "clever" take on fans' liking for anything throwback.



The Bucks switched to the all green rainbow uniforms soon after Herb Kohl purchased the team in '85, so it may happen again with a new investor like Junior Bridgeman, who wore the rainbow sets.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing something? On the uniform Hensen is wearing, shouldn't the irish rainbow extend all the way down the jersey and shorts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the "red" uniforms '77-85 had the rainbow stripes on shorts but were dropped on the "green" sets '86-92. Instead they added braid around leg ends to the green shorts which were not on the red ones. To me, the rainbow design was more pronounced during the "red" years:



bridgeman_bucksbest_111031_10.jpg



pressey_bucksbest_111103_4.jpg



pressey_bucksbest_111103_9.jpg



1000x1000copy_zpsaeb43d87.jpg



5359101989_547c1acd83_b.jpg


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talks about a wide-range of topics from being back in Milwaukee, the future of the Bucks, the way the game has changed and LeBron James' Mount Rushmore":

kareem-140303-6.jpg

I love this old '71 championship banner with Bango:

kareem-140303-3.jpg

kareem-140303-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just moved to Milwaukee and the first things i thought of when it came to the bucks was ours_is_the_fury_by_dear_chemistry-d6wk4and

this is a pretty bad ass logo and using the line from Game of throne which is

tumblr_m53fvgbmGm1ro1zebo1_1280.jpgwallpaper-baratheon-1600.jpgJust some thoughts I'm looking forward to bucks games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

Online polls are easily manipulated and perhaps another city's fan base or a group or persons with their own agenda did participate. JSO sports polls hardly ever reach this number of votes unless they're Packers related. I'm an optimist, my total is 52% who want the Bucks to stay put :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

Online polls are easily manipulated and perhaps another city's fan base or a group or persons with their own agenda did participate. JSO sports polls hardly ever reach this number of votes unless they're Packers related. I'm an optimist, my total is 52% who want the Bucks to stay put :)

I'd say that's an accurate portrayal. I mean, Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I think 87.4 percent of statistics are made up." =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

I doubt it... I live here and that sounds pretty accurate based on my own anecdotal interactions with people. There's a lot more to do in Milwaukee now than just watch sports and root for the home team like it was in the Bucks' heyday, and there's a new generation of Milwaukeeans who don't feel that we need a mediocre NBA franchise just to prove that we're "on the map."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the "red" uniforms '77-85 had the rainbow stripes on shorts but were dropped on the "green" sets '86-92. Instead they added braid around leg ends to the green shorts which were not on the red ones. To me, the rainbow design was more pronounced during the "red" years:

bridgeman_bucksbest_111031_10.jpg

Now that is about as perfect as NBA unis can get - my all-time favourite uni matched up against my 2nd favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a poll:

BucksPoll_zps58c09c5a.png

Almost 4,000 responses isn't a perfect sample size, but it's a decent amount. The issue is we don't know if all the votes are from the Milwaukee area or from outside of the area. That 48% could be Bulls fans flooding the poll. That being said, it looks like 71% of people don't care if the team leaves, or would be slightly sad. 29% would legitimately care. So, if this all were from the Milwaukee metro area, less than 1/3 of the city cares if the Bucks stay. Not good!

Online polls are easily manipulated and perhaps another city's fan base or a group or persons with their own agenda did participate. JSO sports polls hardly ever reach this number of votes unless they're Packers related. I'm an optimist, my total is 52% who want the Bucks to stay put :)

I'd say that's an accurate portrayal. I mean, Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I think 87.4 percent of statistics are made up." =)

It's back to school tonight for me, thanks!

still-of-rodney-dangerfield-in-back-to-s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure you stop payment on Vonnegut's check. ;).

Yeah, this sample size is surprisingly decent but it's still an online poll. Which means it's slightly less scientific, and a great deal less accurate, than me making up random numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.