Sports license plates

OMMF

I'm with Vet. I'd take the UK's number plates in a heartbeat over ours.

I remember Wisconsin got into some trouble when I was in high school - they issued white plates with blue letters, and with all the plate frames the Highway Patrol couldn't readily tell whether a plate was Wisconsin, Illinois or even Minnesota. Lasted less than a year before the state had to switch to red numbers.

I sort of feel about the multitude of custom plates the way I do about too many custom sports number fonts - they ditch their entire reason for being in favor of yet another avenue of "look-at-me!" self-expression.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These have been available for a few years here in Australia (New South Wales specifically):

National Rugby League personalised number plates

car_nrl.png

They are able to be completely personalised so you can have any of the following letter and number combination styles (cost depends on what style letter number combination you choose):

All letters (must be 6 letters): A$250 order fee, A$440 annual fee (e.g. AAAAAA)

Letter and number combinations in the following formats A$250 order fee, A$99 annual fee (again must be total of 6 characters):

999AAA, AAA999, AAA99A, AA9999, 99AAAA

I think it's funny how Pennsylvania has ones for tons of colleges, including many outside of Pennsylvania, and ones for NASCAR drivers (even stupid crappy ones), but none for any of the state's pro teams.

There are definitely flyers ones, but for their charity. I guess if you want to promote a private business in pa you need to buy a bumper sticker or car flag or just spray paint things that you like on your car so that you're sure everyone knows.

http://comcastspectacorcharities.org/index.php/get-involved/flyers-license-plates/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived