Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bg9nE-yCMAAwi7w.png

BIG LOGOS: the 90s are back!

My biggest gripe on first impression is the silver-white outline, mostly around the hilt, where I think it dominates the logo without even being a team color (unless...).

EDIT:

new ship logo for reference

Bg9maerCcAE0zbe.jpg

The helmet wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the ship logo is fantastic. The wordmark is a little less desirable though.

Now that I've seen the ship logo, I just wanted to comment that I love it. For me, the ship at the stadium is one of the most iconic images of the Bucs.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

To me the logo is a wash. The skull looks worse, the other elements maybe slight upgrades. But the size of the stupid thing is clownish. Trust me, in 5 to 10 years, people will look at pictures of this giant logo and say, "oh, yeah, remember those?" Like the Jags two-tone mess, its so 'cutting-edge" it'll look dated by nest year's play-offs.

Same with a silly chrome facemask.

like the mid 90s NFL Europe pics.

I simply don't understand the hatred towards pewter; I'm so glad they kept it. Its a unique color that they've basically put their stamp on. No other team in the league could use it without looking like they blatantly ripped them off.

I do think the logo is a really nice update. The skull is significantly better than before and looks more menacing. Not sure about the size of the logo though. As is the case with just about every helmet update, lets see what 11 of them look like on the field all at once. Regarding the new wordmark...its atrocious. SMH. Why? I guess you can't win them all.

I take it back. I don't like the size. It's too big to see the logo all at once.

At least it's actually on both sides and not one side with a number on the other like that dumbass trend that's running rampant in college.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pewter actually looks much more like silver than it does for the bucs... So this is more accurate.

I love the new logo, love the new helmet... But the size of the decal is absurd.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Archived