Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Well Bucs fans, at least this:NewBucsHelmet_zpscb4cc4fe.png

Looks better than that:JaguarsHelmet_zps37ef863d.png

I think everyone has made their point about the fact the Jags helmet looks like crap I so which it could be changed but we've still got 4 more years.

I'm still surprised that the NFL allowed Jacksonville to go through with that helmet design. As draconian as the NFL's uniform rules can be, you'd think they would have stepped and told Jacksonville to cut that crap out immediately. I mean, the rest of Jacksonville's uniform set isn't the best thing ever, but an all black helmet would have at least made it a serviceable set.

Anyway, after letting things sink in after a few days, I'm okay with the new Bucs helmet. The chrome seems understated enough and works well enough with the helmet itself. I think I would have preferred a smaller logo to the giant version they went with though. Curious to see how the whole set turns out. I think it's been said that it'll be slight changes overall which would fit with what was done to the helmet and logos.

It's because nike is now the official jersey manufacturer. My prediction is that we get a complete college-ification of the NFL within 10 years, not that I want that to happen, but that's just the way it looks like it's going.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone has made their point about the fact the Jags helmet looks like crap I so which it could be changed but we've still got 4 more years.

I'm still surprised that the NFL allowed Jacksonville to go through with that helmet design. As draconian as the NFL's uniform rules can be, you'd think they would have stepped and told Jacksonville to cut that crap out immediately. I mean, the rest of Jacksonville's uniform set isn't the best thing ever, but an all black helmet would have at least made it a serviceable set.

Anyway, after letting things sink in after a few days, I'm okay with the new Bucs helmet. The chrome seems understated enough and works well enough with the helmet itself. I think I would have preferred a smaller logo to the giant version they went with though. Curious to see how the whole set turns out. I think it's been said that it'll be slight changes overall which would fit with what was done to the helmet and logos.

It's because nike is now the official jersey manufacturer. My prediction is that we get a complete college-ification of the NFL within 10 years, not that I want that to happen, but that's just the way it looks like it's going.
Some teams will not change, the packers may update their template but that is all they will ever do, same with the raiders, 9ers, bears, saints, steelers, ravens, colts, chiefs, giants, redskins (if they dont change their name), and the rest are maybes over the course of nikes contract, that leaves about atleast 1/3 if the league that will be untouched by nike outside of template changes over a 7 year period, now let's compare that with reebok which changed about a 1/3 of the league during their tenure

Some teams will not change, the packers may update their template but that is all they will ever do, same with the raiders, 9ers, bears, saints, steelers, ravens, colts, chiefs, giants, redskins (if they dont change their name), and the rest are maybes over the course of nikes contract, that leaves about atleast 1/3 if the league that will be untouched by nike outside of template changes over a 7 year period, now let's compare that with reebok which changed about a 1/3 of the league during their tenure

Keep in mind, Nike normally leaves classic college looks alone, but adds a Pro Combat to the picture, like in Notre Dame's case. That's what I fell like is gonna happen.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

You're forgetting that the Packers very nearly changed once already to a look that would have been dark green and metallic gold, that Al Davis no longer runs the Raiders, that the Niners have changed in the last 15 years, and that Lamar Hunt no longer runs the Chiefs, who I might remind you haven't won a playoff game since Montana was their QB. I wouldn't rule any of those teams out.

You're forgetting that the Packers very nearly changed once already to a look that would have been dark green and metallic gold,

Yeah, but that's because they'd been very bad for thirty years. Even then, the fanbase freaked out at the very prospect. And since Wolf considered and rejected that uniform change, we've had twenty years of competitive football, two more Hall of Game quarterbacks and two more World Championships.

Every additional Super Bowl the Packers win further cements Vince Lombardi's uniform (hell, it also cements Forrest Gregg's tweaks, which I can't stand).

That was the time to have done it. Now the uniform represents not one but two (and arguably three) periods of glory. It's not going anywhere. At this rate we'd need closer to fifty straight years of sub-.500 football in Green Bay before you can even bring the Packers back into this conversation.

They just missed perfection by a hair... :P

SkeletorBucs_zpse50b3667.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well Bucs fans, at least this:

Looks better than that:

Keep in mind, Nike normally leaves classic college looks alone, but adds a Pro Combat to the picture, like in Notre Dame's case. That's what I fell like is gonna happen.

Yeah, I can't believe what Nike did to Notre Dame!

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Found the mockup of pewter over white, for whatever it's worth:

bucpewterjersey.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow. We're a week away from unveiling and not a single leak, whisper, anything at all. I'm impressed with Tampa Bay.

Well, they managed to keep the logo from leaking until about an hour before the unveiling. Tampa's security is fantastic.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow. We're a week away from unveiling and not a single leak, whisper, anything at all. I'm impressed with Tampa Bay.

Things don't get out of Tampa, not impending coach firings, not logo's, not uniforms... nothing

The same goes for the Oakland Raiders. They took my teams talent in the Super Bowl and never returned it. :(

bSLCtu2.png

Archived