Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire".

Fire is an expression for something that is awesome. Like cool. "Man those uniforms are sick" "yeah man they are pure fire!"

I'm hip

Actually, I'm with edge here. I think we may see a substantial amount of orange and red.

Also fwiw, Florio is the guy reporting that there will be no substantial changes to the uniform. He also reported back in December that Schiano had shown enough to get one final year in Tampa Bay.

Perhaps fire means a much brighter shade of red? Perhaps we are also over analyzing this too...

Here's a Fire Helmet New-Arizona-State-Helmets-Flames-2.jpg

No, that's a bowling ball. This is a fire helmet.

92BirminghamFireHelmetrs.jpg.w300h260.jp

Yeah, at least Birmingham looks like a logo. I mean just b/c you can make a helmet that looks like bricks from Virginia Tech's stadium or a real flame doesn't mean you should.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only...and I mean ONLY change that would be acceptable is a revised version of the shoulder patch/pirate ship. Everything else about the Buccaneer look is not only perfect, it's the best in the NFL.

Especially, the helmet.

And that's what they want to change.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nahh the Bucs have a very average look. Like I have said many times, the all white uniform is probably the ugliest uniform in the NFL. The white pants are atrocious. The helmets need to be a changed up, the pewter looks like a Falcons type of helmet and I would add more orange.

By "average" you mean best look in the league. The helmet is also the best in the league, in what world does pewter even resemble the Falcons type of helmet.

The helmet looks too dark to me, especially when they are playing the Falcons. When the uniform first came out (before you were born) it was new and exciting. The pewter was always drab to me but I liked the red jersey's for a bit, but not all that much anymore.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire".

Fire is an expression for something that is awesome. Like cool. "Man those uniforms are sick" "yeah man they are pure fire!"

I'm hip

This is correct.

I'm hip

I'm 14 and have never heard somebody say " yeah man they are pure fire!".

Well I'm 16 and I've heard it so go back to the play corner! :P

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Any chance of new jerseys as well?

Nothing is clear, I hope its just from the neck up but nothing has been said.

Well, some one on Twitter asked why they weren't changing the uniforms. Sapp responded with, "Shhhhhh. The head leads the body."

I personally read that means yes, new uniforms are coming.

Pro football talk said they are getting new unis but the changes are subtle. I pointed out it could be as simple as the new logo on the sleeves like Carolina did.

I'm thinking the helmet may stay pewter with a chrome orange mask and an increased presence of orange in the uniform. The Seahawks bright green seems to be very popular, so I could see Nike incorporating more orange in the Bucs' set. Would also make an orange alternate work better. Just a thought.

Well, some one on Twitter asked why they weren't changing the uniforms. Sapp responded with, "Shhhhhh. The head leads the body."

Pro football talk said they are getting new unis but the changes are subtle. I pointed out it could be as simple as the new logo on the sleeves like Carolina did.

Pro Football Talk also reported Schiano would be in Tampa Bay for one more season. Florio is only slightly more reliable than Incarcerated Bob.

Sapp seems to be hinting at some major changes on Twitter.

Pro Football Talk also reported Schiano would be in Tampa Bay for one more season. Florio is only slightly more reliable than Incarcerated Bob.

Sapp seems to be hinting at some major changes on Twitter.

I think the quote say "may" to cover his ass. I posted the quote early on in the thread. If I like the changes I hope sapp is right. Grew up watching in the 80s so if we put everyone back in their mid 80s unis w/ updated versions similar to their logo that would be my heaven. 80s Lions w/ the current lion logo, that would be great.

Not sure if it's been talked about but since the throwbacks are popular I think if the helmet turns out to be white it's because of the new bs rule the nfl has about one helmet. Can't have throwbacks like they did it without white helmets. I think it will be a larger, more dramatic logo and stripe scheme on a white helmet with chrome facemask and since I never heard the rule say anything about different facemasks causing concussions... They will change stickers and facemasks for creamcicle day.

I'd love to see Bucco come back, but updated for the now.

New Old

BucsRevamped_zps4918ca19.jpg?t=139278064BucsOld_zps8d321a1d.jpg

The only image I could find was small. If someone has a bigger image, I could make it better.

I fail to see how the image on the left would be considered a modern update/improvement of the original logo.

If I had a bigger image I could make it clearer.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Archived