Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

The new logo/helmet still stink to the high heavens also. Lets not forget that in our distaste for this new look.

These uniforms would be embarrassing even for any Sun Belt team, let alone one playing in the NFL.

Oh, please these would look amazing on a Sun Belt team.

And are you insulting the Sun Belt? Because look at how terrible WVU's uniform is.

No one hates WVU's uniform more than me. I'm the Michael Jordan of hating WVU's uniforms.

And yes, even on a Sun Belt team they would still look like butt. They would look like butt on a high school team.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this isn't a context thing. It's not like, for example, the LA Kiss, where they've gone gaudy in a way that would just never fly in the NFL but actually in the Arena League sorta works. The new Bucs uniforms are hideous design, pure and simple.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Think about how good Florida's pro teams looked in '08 or '09 (before whenever the Jags first changed):

Jaguars - arguably a perfect football uniform. Classic, could have kept it forever. Would have worked even with updated logo. Even altering the roads to emphasize black over teal didn't take much away from it.

Bucs - everything that's been said in this thread. Another contemporary classic. The logos could have used updating, but the uniforms could have been used for the next 20 years. They had a color that they owned, and one of the most distinct primary looks in the league (pewter-red-pewter).

Dolphins - not everyone feels this way, but I liked their drop shadowed set, especially once they reduced the shadow depth. They had a unique but not garish custom number font (sorta), and the uniform as a whole was very traditional. The shadow and font kept it current. A very good look.

Now:

Jaguars - changed to a uniform that all but eliminated gold, had a ridiculous font, and bizarre piping. Destroyed a classic look. Then, took it a step further and introduced the gradient helmet and uniform set that has them the undisputed laughing stock of the league (uniform wise.)

Bucs - everything in this thread.

Dolphins - again, not everyone feels this way, but I think that they really diluted their look by reducing the orange and navy, as well as over thinking the font. It's certainly not a bad uniform, but IMO a downgrade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Think about how good Florida's pro teams looked in '08 or '09 (before whenever the Jags first changed):

Jaguars - arguably a perfect football uniform. Classic, could have kept it forever. Would have worked even with updated logo. Even altering the roads to emphasize black over teal didn't take much away from it.

Bucs - everything that's been said in this thread. Another contemporary classic. The logos could have used updating, but the uniforms could have been used for the next 20 years. They had a color that they owned, and one of the most distinct primary looks in the league (pewter-red-pewter).

Dolphins - not everyone feels this way, but I liked their drop shadowed set, especially once they reduced the shadow depth. They had a unique but not garish custom number font (sorta), and the uniform as a whole was very traditional. The shadow and font kept it current. A very good look.

Now:

Jaguars - changed to a uniform that all but eliminated gold, had a ridiculous font, and bizarre piping. Destroyed a classic look. Then, took it a step further and introduced the gradient helmet and uniform set that has them the undisputed laughing stock of the league (uniform wise.)

Dolphins - again, not everyone feels this way, but I think that they really diluted their look by reducing the orange and navy, as well as over thinking the font. It's certainly not a bad uniform, but IMO a downgrade.

Could not agree more with this post it is a shame the state of uniforms these days in the NFL especially with the prospect of the Browns change. :cry:

Now:

Could not agree more with this post it is a shame the state of uniforms these days in the NFL especially with the prospect of the Browns change. :cry:

Very few teams modernize their logos without messing with their look. Carolina is the exception. Almost everyone else goes with a new look. But I agree. A refreshed logo for Tampa and Jacksonville would have been fine. Miami could've just lightened their aqua a bit, kept the awesome Dolphin in helmet and they'd be fine. Their change was totally unnecessary.

The Jags panicked with their first redesign, and if you correct the gradient helmet (perhaps making it gold or more likely black), theyd have a nice look. Tampa just dropped the ball and their look is an unmitigated 21st century clusterduck

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

The numbers look childish under any conditions. It's a shame this team plays under optimal lighting most of the time. Those uniforms belong in a dome. Well, in a trashcan in a dome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The numbers look childish under any conditions. It's a shame this team plays under optimal lighting most of the time. Those uniforms belong in a dome. Well, in a trashcan in a dome.

There's so many colors thrown together as well. Red, pewter(ish), chrome, silver, grey, white, orange? I'm sure there's a few more I'm missing.

That right there makes the look seem thrown together. The font is ugly, there's no doubt about it. But using 7 colors for one team is an identity crisis for a team that has has a good identity.

the Bucs will and always will be my favorite sports team. it's tough seeing this uniform compared to the old one. I tried liking it, I tried being positive, but I just can't be. Maybe a winning season or two with Lovie will change my mind.

I'm so tempted to look for old Jr. High stuff in my parents' basement as I'm pretty sure I doodled numerals very similar to the Bucs new set when I was in 7th grade.

Archived