Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get what they were going for, and I think even obscured sword is better than no sword

When did that become the only two options?

So do you just not give up until I have your opinion? lol. The helmets look fine give it a rest

i think what he was saying are their are more options. like they could have a normal sized decal like the old one, which IMHO is better than the way they have it currently.

Change the font to this and you have a much better uniform (Up to the top half IMO)

Ronde+Barber+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Traini

No. I hate this font more than what Nike unveiled for the Bucs. What the Bucs need to do is go back to the block numbers they had on their last jerseys.

I get what they were going for, and I think even obscured sword is better than no sword

When did that become the only two options?

So do you just not give up until I have your opinion? lol. The helmets look fine give it a rest

Speaking of opinions...that the helmet looks "fine" is yours. I think it's safe to say it's one not very many people here share.

I see absolutely NO connection to the Bucs' unis and the pic you posted. I'm all for humor but that just isn't funny; it's reaching.

Any who...I'm still a converted fan of the new look for the moment. I hated them at first but came around after giving them some time. I will reserve full judgement until about the 3rd or 4th week of the season after I've seen the entire team on the field a few times.

I like the new logo - but it's so oversized that it's Fugly! Is the helmet chrome? Looks that way in the pix - chrome sux like a hoover vacuum cleaner.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Here's one more of them in action. It's all going to be about the lighting

Bl3OV06CEAAxCsw.jpg

I'm not against the big logo per se, but that looks awful how much of the logo is covered up by the face mask, chin strap and hardware in front. You can hardly tell there's a sword that the flag is attached to.

Someone very early in this thread (years ago? haha) mentioned that the main logo is supposed to be the skull and swords, not the flag itself. From that perspective it makes sense. The only thing I disliked about the old helmets was that the flag was the logo, and as a result was a little awkward in its balance as a helmet logo. So i actually like the helmet upgrade. Although I think liking anything about this uniform on this thread will be considered blasphemy lol

If the main logo was supposed to be the skull and swords, then it would be just a skull and swords. It's pretty obvious the team wants the sword and flag as part of the main logo. I have yet to see the Bucs use any graphics with just the skull and swords.

I thought all practice jerseys had single-layer stitched numbers now.

Pretty sure most of the league still uses screened numbers for practice jerseys.

DallasCowboys_Practice_ValleyRanch_TonyR

Looks like the cowboys do

Huh. The Eagles switched to twill 10 or more years ago, so I just figured it was standardized by Reebok or something.

eagles-camp-football-f50c74bda1e646f7.jp

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Huh. The Eagles switched to twill 10 or more years ago, so I just figured it was standardized by Reebok or something.

eagles-camp-football-f50c74bda1e646f7.jp

No like I said

Practice jerseys in the nfl arent standardized like they are in the other sports. Every team dad their own design, where they use different materials depending on how much the team wants to pay for them. In the nhl mlb and nba every team gets the same exact uniform templates with the only differences being colors and logos

Here's one more of them in action. It's all going to be about the lighting

Bl3OV06CEAAxCsw.jpg

I'm not against the big logo per se, but that looks awful how much of the logo is covered up by the face mask, chin strap and hardware in front. You can hardly tell there's a sword that the flag is attached to.

Someone very early in this thread (years ago? haha) mentioned that the main logo is supposed to be the skull and swords, not the flag itself. From that perspective it makes sense. The only thing I disliked about the old helmets was that the flag was the logo, and as a result was a little awkward in its balance as a helmet logo. So i actually like the helmet upgrade. Although I think liking anything about this uniform on this thread will be considered blasphemy lol

If the main logo was supposed to be the skull and swords, then it would be just a skull and swords. It's pretty obvious the team wants the sword and flag as part of the main logo. I have yet to see the Bucs use any graphics with just the skull and swords.

I thought all practice jerseys had single-layer stitched numbers now.

Pretty sure most of the league still uses screened numbers for practice jerseys.

DallasCowboys_Practice_ValleyRanch_TonyR

Looks like the cowboys do

It makes sense as practice jerseys are mostly disposable. Players go through multiple jerseys a season some linemen probably burn through at least one a month if not more. Screening is cheap and most likely done on site or down the street so you can blanks numbered same day.

The teams that use gamers probably have quite a bit of stock on hand.

Archived