Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

They have logos/stickers that cover vehicles why couldn't they do that with the helmets? ESP for just one game have stripes logos everything printed off then put it over the whole shell...im pretty sure we have the technology and it would bypass that NFL bs rule plus it might save on some of this unneeded spending on seventeen helmets for 12 games:/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I found under patents was filed in 2004 located here. This was an interesting piece I found in the patent wording: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The helmet may have wooden planks molded out of plastic conforming to the shape of the helmet. The planks may be painted to look like an old wooden pirate ship. Alternatively, a skull may be molded to the back of the helmet. The skull may be shown wearing turban like head gear emblazoned team colors.

spacer.png

The only thing I found under patents was filed in 2004 located here. This was an interesting piece I found in the patent wording: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The helmet may have wooden planks molded out of plastic conforming to the shape of the helmet. The planks may be painted to look like an old wooden pirate ship. Alternatively, a skull may be molded to the back of the helmet. The skull may be shown wearing turban like head gear emblazoned team colors.

Very interesting. Thanks for finding it

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire".

Fire is an expression for something that is awesome. Like cool. "Man those uniforms are sick" "yeah man they are pure fire!"

It's also incredibly dumb sounding.

It's interesting, but it's totally unaffiliated with the team or the NFL. Just a guy who came up with some wacky (and fugly) helmet ideas. People can do "hypotheticals" like that in their patent applications, even if they're not working with the company they mention.

I'm thinking a pewter tinged chrome as opposed to a silver tinge chrome for the whole helmet. Like what the other guy suggested with the Rutgers helmet. The candy flake of the helmet is probably scrapped.

An even more updated Bucco Bruce as the decal.

I'm still waiting for the day an NFL team has 2 different design decals on either sides of the helmet. Watch them introduce some 3D style hologram for the decal. Nike likes to push the envelope with new techniques.

Honestly it's a shame that Tampa felt they needed an update probably out of pressure being the only Florida team that hasn't since Nike taking the reigns again. they have one of THE BEST brands in sport design.

Dolphins update is OK, it's been growing on me. Jaguars did nice with the new cat, but botched the helmet and uniform going two tone. Bucs were not threatened.

We'll see.

Very interesting. Thanks for finding it

I have done at least 20 searchs on trademarks related to the Buccaneers, Glazer and his corporation and I still cannot find nothing. You can go here and try it yourself.

spacer.png

IF that's it then consider me a fan. A pretty neat Bucco Bruce update. Shame a chrome mask will probably end up sinking the new look anyway...

I never liked the Buccs new look, haha, it's still new to me, I'm old. Pewter was never the "new silver." Will chrome be the new silver? Hmmmm. If the Raiders did it, it would make a little more sense. I'm really interested to see what direction they go especially since Nike is kind of 2 out of 3 in the logo department.

Couple thoughts re: the logos I posted.

They are labeled as official decals - but why is the new one so much smaller? They wouldn't do a collegiate style reward sticker, a la Buckeyes, would they? Seems like a move Schiano would've instituted but Lovie Smith would laugh away.

It is a solid redesign of Bruce. A lot depends on application. What made Bucs uniforms so great were traditional formats (in terms of template and design) but unique colors.

Archived