Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

look there are some of us who actually like the new look so get over it

And I think we've all accepted how wrong you are, and are okay with that fact.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people believe in Sasquatch. Still doesn't make it right.

The Mountain Gorilla was a myth until 1902, and the giant squid wasn't proven to exist until 2004, so I'd say it's more likely that Sasquatch exists and hasn't been discovered than this Bucs uniform ever being considered good.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

How is the current color "actually pewter" when pewter is a metal and now it's matte?

How is the helmet an upgrade with the black spray paint and obnoxiously oversized logo?

How is the shoulder yoke a better design then the last one with the matte pewter shoulders being so close and so different than the super shiny metallic helmets?

I'll take ugly crap in the NFL for 500, Trebek.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Some people believe in Sasquatch. Still doesn't make it right.

The Mountain Gorilla was a myth until 1902, and the giant squid wasn't proven to exist until 2004, so I'd say it's more likely that Sasquatch exists and hasn't been discovered than this Bucs uniform ever being considered good.

Excellent point. I retract my statement.

These uniforms make me physically angry and it's not just because they look bad. It's because the opportunity cost of these uniforms is that they aren't wearing their old uniforms which were modern classics.

It's a uniform tragedy.

There isn't a way to improve or make them grow on me unless they're lit on fire and pushed out to sea. If I'm making a list of the NFL's worst uniforms of all time this is #1 without hesitation. That sounds like hyperbole or overreacting, but I assure you it's not. These are that bad. What worries me is that in a few years, they may be tame by comparison to whatever nonsense Nike decides to serve us in the future. Taste is gone, taste is over. Sad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The old Bucs uniforms were pretty good for a typical football uniform look.

The new Bucs uniforms are a step away from tradition, but as a step away from tradition, they are executed pretty well. The colours are vibrant and the red is set off really well against the matte pewter, which looks far better as a colour than the old pewter. The orange elements are a great nod to the Bucs' history and tie in well with the colour scheme. The pants stripe is fantastic. It's sharp and modern and goes well with the rest of the uniform.

Not every pants stripe has to be this:

1991_Packers1.jpg

There is room for innovation in stripe design, and a typical pants striping pattern would not have worked well with the modern design elements. Is the expectation here that teams will stick to basic striping patterns for the rest of eternity? The pants stripe is the most significant upgrade on the uniform and I hope every team that changes it uniforms from here on in doesn't feel bound by traditional striping patterns. They can if they want to be, but it doesn't serve a purpose and it doesn't look better, so why do it?

The new helmet is striking and brilliantly executed. I'm really not sure how that can be lumped in as a poor design element at all. It's bold and it's brilliant. Most of the concepts i've seen to "fix" the new uniforms have retained the oversized logo because it looks great.

As i've said, I don't like the numbers at all and I don't like different logos on each sleeve, but take those two things away and this is a really solid, modern uniform set. Yes, it's moved away from traditional striping patterns etc, but it's done so in a bold and attractive way. The numbers are an absolute miss, and as i've stated, I feel that if they had less ridiculous numbers, this set would have been pretty well received.

Jesus. People aren't hating the Bucs uniform because it's not traditional and doesn't have straight leg stripes. People are hating it because it objectively sucks.

That Bills uniform is probably bottom 5. There's nothing redeeming about it, and a lot wrong. But yet somehow it looks great next to the Bucs new set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Watched a few minutes of the Bucs vs the Redskins, and I gotta say, on tv they don't look that bad. Honestly they look like an nfl team. The numbers are still dopey beyond belief and the sleeve logos look bad but you can't really see those things from the standard sideline view.

I thought the pewter looked pretty good. But that being said, I think in the unveiling they had the red jerseys paired with pewter pants, but it looks much better over white pants to me.

90758391980.gif

Not sure what one has to do with the other.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived