Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

To continue the Buffajack of this thread...

I've had a few issues with the Bills' current look, myself, up until a few weeks ago. But I had unbelievable seats at the HOF game a month ago, and sat just a few feet behind the Bills' bench. And believe me, in person, that uniform is amazing. The royal blue is gorgeous. IMO there are only two things that need to be done to make that uniform perfect. Change the outlines order of the road numbers so it lines up the the stripes. That's something that works on the blue jerseys (white numbers with red then navy outlines, white stripes with red then navy outlines) but gets mixed up on the white jerseys (royal numbers with red then navy outlines, royal stripes with navy then red outlines). And the biggest need of all, a pair of white socks with stripes that match the stripes on the white jersey, to be worn with the blue pants.

Is it common for people to have (or have had) issues with the Bills' current look or was that just your opinion? Because I think it's one of the best looking in the league. I agree with your current opinion, it is amazing, the royal blue... simply spectacular.

And the reason I ask is because I actually sorta like Tampa's new unis as well so I know my opinions around here are what some of you would call "wrong." :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue the Buffajack of this thread...

I've had a few issues with the Bills' current look, myself, up until a few weeks ago. But I had unbelievable seats at the HOF game a month ago, and sat just a few feet behind the Bills' bench. And believe me, in person, that uniform is amazing. The royal blue is gorgeous. IMO there are only two things that need to be done to make that uniform perfect. Change the outlines order of the road numbers so it lines up the the stripes. That's something that works on the blue jerseys (white numbers with red then navy outlines, white stripes with red then navy outlines) but gets mixed up on the white jerseys (royal numbers with red then navy outlines, royal stripes with navy then red outlines). And the biggest need of all, a pair of white socks with stripes that match the stripes on the white jersey, to be worn with the blue pants.

Why did they ditch the white socks after only one season (2011) of use? Those would look so great with the blue pants! That's the only thing that keeps me from bumping the Bills from an A to an A+.

While doing a concept reworking the Buc's logos, I've spotted an error. The bottom rear sail should be in front of the rear mast and not in behind it. The one on the left is the official logo and I've highlighted the error. The one on the right is how it should look. Just when you think thinks cant get any worse... If its already been addressed just disregard this post.

Buccaneerserror_zps68aec8d2.png

While doing a concept reworking the Buc's logos, I've spotted an error. The bottom rear sail should be in front of the rear mast and not in behind it. The one on the left is the official logo and I've highlighted the error. The one on the right is how it should look. Just when you think thinks cant get any worse... If its already been addressed just disregard this post.

If it has been addressed before, I don't remember it. Can someone give a reason why that mast should be in front of that sail? Because, if not, that is a rather dumb error.

If it has been addressed before, I don't remember it. Can someone give a reason why that mast should be in front of that sail? Because, if not, that is a rather dumb error.

Well, the sails on a ship help push a ship forward when the wind hits them, correct? By having the sails in the back facing the opposite direction, it would cause the wind to push the sails in the direction of the stern (back). Obviously, this would conflict with the direction of the front sails, causing the ship to not be able to move, therefore rendering it completely useless.

If that doesn't describe the logo/uniform update, or the Buccaneers in general, I don't know what does.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, the sails on a ship help push a ship forward when the wind hits them, correct? By having the sails in the back facing the opposite direction, it would cause the wind to push the sails in the direction of the stern (back). Obviously, this would conflict with the direction of the front sails, causing the ship to not be able to move, therefore rendering it completely useless.

If that doesn't describe the logo/uniform update, or the Buccaneers in general, I don't know what does.

No it would still work, just be less efficient use of the wind and make it slower because of it. It is a mistake, a very bad one. It would only work the way you are talking about is if there was a second source of wind.

Worst NFL uniform of all time has to go to Buffalo's away from 2002-2006

xmMq4ua.jpg

Funny, the only problem I really had with that was the silly sidepanels. The navy jersey was the only one that gave me an "Ick, this is awful" reaction.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The old Bucs uniforms were pretty good for a typical football uniform look.

Right. It looked like a football uniform. A professional football uniform. The current set is part Arena League and part Rollerball. Pro football teams should wear pro football uniforms.

What you're basically saying here is that there is no room for any sort of innovation in professional level football uniform design. I can't agree with that at all.

Well, no, that's not what he's "basically saying"... that's a huge leap on your part, and it never helps your arguement if you have to resort to putting words in someone's mouth.

Saying that you believe a league has certain standards that you would prefer teams basically adhere to is miles away from "I hate all inovation."

Based on that logic, what sort of innovation is acceptable in the NFL?

I mean the yoke and the pants stripe aren't exactly the MLB Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys, are they? They are relatively minor innovations. In fact, we've seen yokes before. The pant's stripe isn't a massive attention grabber and the helmet is an upgrade, and is the best helmet released since Nike took over by a long way.

Apart from the numbers, which I concede are a huge miss, the elements they've used are modern without being the Oregon Ducks. The colours are an improvement overall on the Bucs colour set and go really well together.

I don't see how that helmet is an upgrade over the old one. Certainly not since we learned about the random black streaks on the front.

Chrome face mask, downgrade of logo, biggest helmet logo of all time, downgrade of pewter finish, random black streaks.

Trying to be objective as I can, that thing isn't in the same league as the old helmet. The old helmet was a modern classic the new helmet is a modern disaster.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The logo on the old helmet looked like a sticker slapped onto it, as opposed to the logo (sticker) blending onto the helmet. The old helmet was also starting to look kinda dark and muddy. The black face mask had to go.

The logo on the old helmet looked like a sticker slapped onto it, as opposed to the logo (sticker) blending onto the helmet. The old helmet was also starting to look kinda dark and muddy. The black face mask had to go.

Dark and muddy kinda fits a pirate themed team, no?

The black face mask was sharp, understated, but also tied the helmet in with the other black parts of the uniform such as the pants stripe, the number outlines, and the collar and sleeve cuffs. I have no idea what the thought process behind a bright chrome face mask is other than "KEWWWWLLLLL THAT LOOKS SICCKKKKK OMGZOMG111111ONE!!!!!". It matches nothing else on the uniform and sticks out like an idiot sore thumb.

"The logo on the old helmet looked like a sticker slapped onto it"

That's because it was a sticker slapped onto it. 99% of helmet decals are stickers slapped on the helmet. It also fit within the space, was a better logo, and had a better weight balance throughout the logo. I don't understand this criticism (you're reaching).

PvO6ZWJ.png

^ All this.

And I was going to make a crack about the Browns' helmet looking like a sticker was slapped on it, but then I remembered the gumball helmets from my youth. They actually gave you blank orange stickers to put on the Browns' helmet. Why? Presumably so kids unfamiliar with the AFC Central didn't think they forgot the decals.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

^ All this.

And I was going to make a crack about the Browns' helmet looking like a sticker was slapped on it, but then I remembered the gumball helmets from my youth. They actually gave you blank orange stickers to put on the Browns' helmet. Why? Presumably so kids unfamiliar with the AFC North didn't think they forgot the decals.

It was AFC Central back then. :)

The old Bucs uniforms were pretty good for a typical football uniform look.

Right. It looked like a football uniform. A professional football uniform. The current set is part Arena League and part Rollerball. Pro football teams should wear pro football uniforms.

What you're basically saying here is that there is no room for any sort of innovation in professional level football uniform design. I can't agree with that at all.

Well, no, that's not what he's "basically saying"... that's a huge leap on your part, and it never helps your arguement if you have to resort to putting words in someone's mouth.

Saying that you believe a league has certain standards that you would prefer teams basically adhere to is miles away from "I hate all inovation."

Based on that logic, what sort of innovation is acceptable in the NFL?

I mean the yoke and the pants stripe aren't exactly the MLB Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys, are they? They are relatively minor innovations. In fact, we've seen yokes before. The pant's stripe isn't a massive attention grabber and the helmet is an upgrade, and is the best helmet released since Nike took over by a long way.

Apart from the numbers, which I concede are a huge miss, the elements they've used are modern without being the Oregon Ducks. The colours are an improvement overall on the Bucs colour set and go really well together.

Obviously that's your opinion, and not a very popular one, I think.

Dark and muddy kinda fits a pirate themed team, no?

The black face mask was sharp, understated, but also tied the helmet in with the other black parts of the uniform such as the pants stripe, the number outlines, and the collar and sleeve cuffs. I have no idea what the thought process behind a bright chrome face mask is other than "KEWWWWLLLLL THAT LOOKS SICCKKKKK OMGZOMG111111ONE!!!!!". It matches nothing else on the uniform and sticks out like an idiot sore thumb.

"The logo on the old helmet looked like a sticker slapped onto it"

That's because it was a sticker slapped onto it. 99% of helmet decals are stickers slapped on the helmet. It also fit within the space, was a better logo, and had a better weight balance throughout the logo. I don't understand this criticism (you're reaching).

No kidding it's a sticker but it shouldn't look like a sticker, instead it should blend into the helmet. The white outline around the logo (sticker) did not help it any, and thats not a reach.

^ All this.

And I was going to make a crack about the Browns' helmet looking like a sticker was slapped on it, but then I remembered the gumball helmets from my youth. They actually gave you blank orange stickers to put on the Browns' helmet. Why? Presumably so kids unfamiliar with the AFC North didn't think they forgot the decals.

It was AFC Central back then. :)

Ah! I took a second to think about it before posting, but I still forgot the old divisions.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived