Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as an avid Bucs fan (I truly believe pewter/red/pewter is a top NFL look and a great combo of modern and classic), I hope it's not a white helmet. What worries me is when they were denied the creamcicles this year, they said they were working with the league to an alternative and wouldn't pair the orange jersey with the pewter helmet...but I could see white/white/white, white/red/white, and white/orange/white...all of which will be a chargers-esque forced uniform and total downgrade.

KISSwall09.jpg

If they go with the white helmets...why?!!!! Pewter looks so good, and it's original. Is there any football team out there, college, semi pro or pro that have pewter helmets? Doubt it! I like white, but come on! When you think of pewter, you think of the Bucs. The white will just throw them into 'generic' territory.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

Mini Rant Alert!

I'm probably wrong, but didn't the Bucaneers say the changes weren't drastic? Maybe they're just adding the pant stripe onto the helmet, adding the chrome facemask, new logos, and lighten or darken up the pewter. They didn't say the helmet color was changing, did they? Some people are overreacting so much.

Some people are overreacting so much.

It is my nature; that is what the internet does.

Yep, people here love freaking out over everything. It's the site's national past time. I'm just glad to see that CSI: CCSLC is still going strong for another season.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The only thing we have so far is Sapp's remarks about a "chromed grill" which seems to indicate that the facemasks will be chrome (I can't wait to see some grey facemask haters praise that ;) ). Other then that it's all guess work.

Archived