Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess:

White helmet (slightly tweaked logo... Like that mini helmet)

Same jerseys (maybe slightly tweaked)

White/red pants (bye bye pewter)

Overall, nothing too earth shattering

Have to disagree with your assessment. Pewter is one of the core pieces of Tampa Bay's package and a very good one, too. Removing that from the helmet and pants is essentially removing it from the identity. Going to plain ole white from that is pretty Earth shattering, to me.

My guess:

White helmet (slightly tweaked logo... Like that mini helmet)

Same jerseys (maybe slightly tweaked)

White/red pants (bye bye pewter)

Overall, nothing too earth shattering

Have to disagree with your assessment. Pewter is one of the core pieces of Tampa Bay's package and a very good one, too. Removing that from the helmet and pants is essentially removing it from the identity. Going to plain ole white from that is pretty Earth shattering, to me.

True. I guess I meant more that the uniforms themselves will be nothing special. The uniforms won't be earth shattering, rather than the change itself. If that makes sense

90758391980.gif

Something I posted a little while back... Don't think it will be THIS drastic (we all already know they said minor changes to the uni), but it maybe be along the same lines as what they have coming...

i6uhKJA.png

I like this

For the love of God I hope the Creamsicles aren't the new primary home. Nothing good happened in that era. That's the 0-26 era. Tampa Bay constantly loses the throwback games. Bucco Bruce is a clown of a logo. We don't need to go back.

They went to the NFC Championship game in 1979. It was a unique identity and seemed to fit the region the team played in color wise.

Right because the identity worn when tripping to the NFC title game in '79 should make me forget that horrid start and should replace the identity worn during the franchise's lone period of success and that little Super Bowl win in 2002.

Silly me!

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

So, anyway - the "a little retro" comment does point more in the direction of a white shell, since I'm not sure what else could be retro without using Bruce. And that's a godsdamn shame. Maybe the jersey will have only minor modifications, but it now sounds like the uniform will be drastically different (at least to people like us.) (Hey... I'm a guy like me!)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Twist my arm if I had to update one thing about the Bucs' identity it'd be their ninetieserrific wordmark.

1043.gif

The tattered flag could be simplified as well.

I love the wordmark.

It's unique and I'd be really pissed if they went to something generic.

2ly2w09.jpg

Based on what little we know, none of the wild speculation here makes sense. Someone - God help anyone trying to go back into the thread to find something - suggested that they may bring a chrome element into the logo. This fits with what we know - "enhancing" the logo (not full change), no major change to the color scheme, and even the "chrome grill" remark - if they do the skull along with the swords (skull has teeth aka grill). We've seen more use of chrome and chrome-like elements like this year's SB patch so it's not far-fetched at all that such a change might be what's coming. It could perhaps be coupled with a Rutgers-ization of the helmet (pounded effect but still the same pewter color). Add all that together and IMO it would be pretty cool without going off into some of the craziness people are putting forth.

Add to that my perception - Buc fans, please weigh in - of their ownership/organization not being cut from the same cloth style-wise as Seattle and thus being unlikely to sanction full-on "modernization" like the Pro Bowl unis.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Can someone tell me where all the white helmet guesses are coming from? As far as the original tweets go, there was nothing about a white helmet, but there seems to be a lot of people making that guess. (And don't say its about bringing back the throwback... as was pointed out earlier, this change would've had to have been in the works prior to the NFL banning seconary helmets.)

Twist my arm if I had to update one thing about the Bucs' identity it'd be their ninetieserrific wordmark.

The tattered flag could be simplified as well.

I agree. Again...while I love the creamsicles....

...this was a fantastic overhaul. The only beef I have is the logos are too detailed. The ship logo on the sleeve is far to detailed for embroidery of that size. And the helmet logo, while pretty solid, could use a bit less detail. (Same with this wordmark, but I can live with it because it's not as important as the logs, at least to me)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Can someone tell me where all the white helmet guesses are coming from? As far as the original tweets go, there was nothing about a white helmet, but there seems to be a lot of people making that guess. (And don't say its about bringing back the throwback... as was pointed out earlier, this change would've had to have been in the works prior to the NFL banning seconary helmets.)

Personally, I'm falling for the hype of that white mini helmet a few pages back. I think that was pretty telling.

90758391980.gif

While I still agree that it is silly to think that it's directly throwback related, I'm now guessing white due to the tweet about it being "retro but not using Bruce", because what else could be retro? A black helmet isn't retro, the pewter isn't retro (unless they slapped a retro logo on it, and that's apparently not happening), so the only thing I can imagine now is white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally, I'm falling for the hype of that white mini helmet a few pages back. I think that was pretty telling.

I think it's that helmet combined with the idea of "making the throwback possible."

As much as I like the throwbacks, I think a white helmet would really hurt this look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here is my prediction:

Helmet

- Pewter

- Red-Creamsickle-Red Stripe

- Creamsickle Chrome Facemask

Logo

- Skull & Swords

Jersey

- Removal of the pirate ships on the shoulders

Pants

- Pewter - Red-Creamsickle-Red Stripe

- White - Red-Creamsickle-Red Stripe

spacer.png

As one of the Tampa fans in this place, the only thing I'd like to see done is a simplification of the shoulder patch, though I do like it now, in addition to changing the ugly typeface. The helmet just works so well with that pewter and red combination and it's one opf the best looks in the NFL when they wear the pewter-red-pewter combination. To see them change to chrome decals or a white helmet is just unnecessary and a serious downgrade.

Why not focus on changing the product on the field, rather than worrying about merchandise sales?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

My prediction is that the facemask gets a pewter-like chrome makeover. I would like to see that paired up with a white helmet instead of pewter on pewter for the helmet, so I'm gonna predict a white helmet... because that's what I want ha

Archived