Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

bucs.PNG

I sure hope this is NOT the helmet! I already hate that two-toned facemask! I do like the logo though.

bucs2.PNG

what's up with that striping?

It's a poorly executed Photoshop that was posted on here a few days ago. The creator obviously knows nothing about perpective.

Sapp responded to the tweet from this guy with "not even close." I have no idea how to imbed that tweet into here though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bucs.PNG

I sure hope this is NOT the helmet! I already hate that two-toned facemask! I do like the logo though.

bucs2.PNG

what's up with that striping?

It's a poorly executed Photoshop that was posted on here a few days ago. The creator obviously knows nothing about perpective.

Sapp responded to the tweet from this guy with "not even close." I have no idea how to imbed that tweet into here though.

https://twitter.com/JamesVanFleet/status/436515185214230528

spacer.png

OK folks. Let me squash a bunch of stuff at a little over 6 hours before the deadline. Check out this website/video:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/24761618/2014/02/19/rumors-swirl-about-bucs-new-logo-uniform

In it, you can see the trophy case of proposals and unused prototypes.

You can also see this in the article: "Sapp teased the big announcement, hinting the new look has fire and chrome."

That being the case, it would confirm my original theory (scroll back to page 9) that the #Fire was an important piece of the Sapp tweet.

I still don't know what it means.....but it's good to know I have someone in Tampa backing me up now.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

OK folks. Let me squash a bunch of stuff at a little over 6 hours before the deadline. Check out this website/video:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/24761618/2014/02/19/rumors-swirl-about-bucs-new-logo-uniform

In it, you can see the trophy case of proposals and unused prototypes.

You can also see this in the article: "Sapp teased the big announcement, hinting the new look has fire and chrome."

That being the case, it would confirm my original theory (scroll back to page 9) that the #Fire was an important piece of the Sapp tweet.

I still don't know what it means.....but it's good to know I have someone in Tampa backing me up now.

Thank goodness they did not go with the logo on the right.

3306679_G.jpg

spacer.png

Something I posted a little while back... Don't think it will be THIS drastic (we all already know they said minor changes to the uni), but it maybe be along the same lines as what they have coming...

i6uhKJA.png

I like this

For the love of God I hope the Creamsicles aren't the new primary home. Nothing good happened in that era. That's the 0-26 era. Tampa Bay constantly loses the throwback games. Bucco Bruce is a clown of a logo. We don't need to go back.

Vinny Testaverde is a legend.

391-t221563-600.jpgVinny-Testaverde-SLU-Figure.jpg

87Redskins.png

I'm saying it's staying a pewter helmet but just a chrome face mask. If I remember correctly when Nike took over wasn't there something where they couldn't replicate the color of pewter being used? Where the pants were a hybrid of the old pant material with the new mesh side panels? Maybe I'm wrong, probably am, but if that's the case this could just be a simple introducing of a different pewter color, as well with the new logo and stuff.

I hate those "my friend knows a guy who knows a guy whose uncle who saw a sample in a factory" posts, so let's call this a guess. Can't trust anyone fully.

Matte red helmet, pewterish chrome facemask, skull and swords logo.

Trying to debunk this though, how long has almost everything on the Bucs twitter page been white?

I'm saying it's staying a pewter helmet but just a chrome face mask. If I remember correctly when Nike took over wasn't there something where they couldn't replicate the color of pewter being used? Where the pants were a hybrid of the old pant material with the new mesh side panels? Maybe I'm wrong, probably am, but if that's the case this could just be a simple introducing of a different pewter color, as well with the new logo and stuff.

I remember that Nike could not replicate the Seahawks former color, but I don't recall anything about the Bucs.

spacer.png

I hate those "my friend knows a guy who knows a guy whose uncle who saw a sample in a factory" posts, so let's call this a guess. Can't trust anyone fully.

Matte red helmet, pewterish chrome facemask, skull and swords logo.

Trying to debunk this though, how long has almost everything on the Bucs twitter page been white?

I don't know about the Twitter page, but a lot of promotional stuff put out by the Bucs since 2012 has featured black text on a white background. Primary examples are the main website and the stadium walls.

Not disputing the #Fire as "cool" lingo, but "fire" is a significant phrase for the Buccaneers, as in "Fire the Cannons."

I would say that Sapp's word choice is important, and that he may be hinting at some sort of pistol or cannon motif, but, uh, Warren Sapp has never struck me as someone who is tremendously picky about his word choice. I mean, he said "#chromegrill" to hint at what we assume to be a shiny facemask. Hemingway he is not.

Two things to keep in mind: as others have pointed out, changes have to be approved way in advance. The 1 helmet rule happened in October. If the helmet is white, it is a nice coincidence. As a side note, do we know if they are even allowed to change out the facemasks for a promotion?

Second, there was supposedly a change in mind for last season, and they backed out at the last minute. Wasn't the phrase that was used around here by those in the know something along the lines of a "Pro Combat" style?

I remember that Nike could not replicate the Seahawks former color, but I don't recall anything about the Bucs.

I remember they couldn't do Philly's green either, so maybe I just confused them all.

That is such a joke that a gigantic apparel company like nike cannot replicate certain colors.

As a side note, do we know if they are even allowed to change out the facemasks for a promotion?

Yes. The Bears switched to gray facemasks when they took off the decals for their throwback uniforms.

I remember they couldn't do Philly's green either, so maybe I just confused them all.

Correct, they couldn't match Philly's green. They also couldn't match the Packers/Jets green, which is a big part of why the Packers opted to keep their old uniforms. The Jets just went with it and decided to look like fools.

bucs.PNG

That's clearly a shopping (and not a very good one, at that) of this photo:

White-Oregon-Ducks-Helmet-11.jpg

While that doesn't rule this out, it does seem like a strange move. Also, I swear that I've seen this version before now, likely on these very boards, but I can't seem to dig it up. That striping is very distinctive and I remember seeing it before.

Those 2 helmets aren't even the same, so it isn't a photoshop of that helmet.

They combined two images. The facemask is clearly from the Oregon image. Look how the top chinstrap just ends nowhere.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That is such a joke that a gigantic apparel company like nike cannot replicate certain colors.

If I remember right it was because those colors were Reebok trademarked?

bucs.PNG

While that doesn't rule this out, it does seem like a strange move. Also, I swear that I've seen this version before now, likely on these very boards, but I can't seem to dig it up. That striping is very distinctive and I remember seeing it before.

The facemasks are clearly identical. It even has part of the same helmet strap that they moved to a different shell, but forgot the rest of the strap.

87Redskins.png

As a side note, do we know if they are even allowed to change out the facemasks for a promotion?

Yes. The Bears switched to gray facemasks when they took off the decals for their throwback uniforms.

Correct, they couldn't match Philly's green. They also couldn't match the Packers/Jets green, which is a big part of why the Packers opted to keep their old uniforms. The Jets just went with it and decided to look like fools.

bucs.PNG

They combined two images. The facemask is clearly from the Oregon image. Look how the top chinstrap just ends nowhere.

Yeah, I see what you're saying now.

Archived