Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. At least they didn't screw us up like they did Jacksonville. :lol:

I am happy with the logo change. Slight upgrade. Chrome facemask and large logos aren't bad either. Not a fan of the "black?" helmet. Panthers, Saints, Falcons all use black as a primary or secondary color. Should've kept the helmet pewter.

Still wish they went with more orange but hey, it's a safe change and im not complaining.

I think it is still pewter, but it is darker. If you look at shots of it in the light it is definitely still pewter.

It's a new shade of Pewter. As I hinted at prior to the unveiling.

I'll post a comparison of the old vs. new color sets shortly.

New Red and new Orange are the same as the 1980-1996 shades.

I may be off, and it'll be up to ColorWerx to confirm or deny, but it appears that black is entirely gone from the scheme and the "silver"/"chrome" is slightly tinted to a color I can only provisionally call "pale pewter."

If this is true, great move, IMO. At first, I really didn't like the idea that silver would rise to prominence like this, as the Buccaneers already had red, pewter, orange, white, and black higher on the hierarchy. But if black is gone, the Bucs now have dark pewter, pale pewter, red, orange, and white, a net loss of one color. I can't help but support that.

(While the pale pewter looks a bit cool, seemingly silver, against white, looking at this makes it seem pewtery.)

Eh. At least they didn't screw us up like they did Jacksonville. :lol:

I am happy with the logo change. Slight upgrade. Chrome facemask and large logos aren't bad either. Not a fan of the "black?" helmet. Panthers, Saints, Falcons all use black as a primary or secondary color. Should've kept the helmet pewter.

Still wish they went with more orange but hey, it's a safe change and im not complaining.

I think it is still pewter, but it is darker. If you look at shots of it in the light it is definitely still pewter.

It's a new shade of Pewter. As I hinted at prior to the unveiling.

I'll post a comparison of the old vs. new color sets shortly.

New Red and new Orange are the same as the 1980-1996 shades.

Someone was claiming that the dark detail lines of the logo are now pewter, instead of black... true? Still looks black to me.

Okay, now I need vectors. I was building Bucs/Rays cornhole boards and luckily hadn't started painting or ordered the vinyl decals yet.

Anyone find a large image of the logo that is flat and can be vectored?

NFLMedia usually updates their official team packages shortly after new logos are unveiled. This is how I got the new Jags, Vikings and Dolphins logos. As soon as I find updated Bucs packages, I can send you a copy.

I may be off, and it'll be up to ColorWerx to confirm or deny, but it appears that black is entirely gone from the scheme and the "silver"/"chrome" is slightly tinted to a color I can only provisionally call "pale pewter."

I'm confused...I see quite a bit of black on the new logo as well as the word mark shown above. The entire work mark is black with a silver drop shadow. Don't understand how you can deduce the total removal of black from that.

If this is true, great move, IMO. At first, I really didn't like the idea that silver would rise to prominence like this, as the Buccaneers already had red, pewter, orange, white, and black higher on the hierarchy. But if black is gone, the Bucs now have dark pewter, pale pewter, red, orange, and white, a net loss of one color. I can't help but support that.

(While the pale pewter looks a bit cool, seemingly silver, against white, looking at this makes it seem pewtery.)

While I like the idea of getting rid of the black, I still can only see black from all these pictures I am finding. Getting rid of black only works when your pewter isn't one shade away from black. :lol:

I'm confused...I see quite a bit of black on the new logo as well as the word mark shown above. The entire work mark is black with a silver drop shadow. Don't understand how you can deduce the total removal of black from that.
The "black" is the new, darker pewter color. In the same way that it made the helmet seem black in the official photo, it seems black as the outline. But click that link in my last post. The background is black. You can see the difference there.

While I like the idea of getting rid of the black, I still can only see black from all these pictures I am finding. Getting rid of black only works when your pewter isn't one shade away from black. :lol:
Could be worse: They could have one-shade-away-from-black pewter AND black. ;)

1a72f94a9aa511e3a045121329a708f4_8.jpg

Another look at the helmet.

I think the logo could be a bit smaller, but as far as the helmet goes, I really don't have a problem with it. At least they didn't make a drastic move like Jacksonville, but looking at it, you can still tell it's Tampa Bay, which is good. I just hope they do something good with the uniforms. But. . umm, I miss the former font already, the new one looks like clip-art.

*cough* someone *cough* might have said this *cough*

Everyone's attention was on the red and orange...just skipped thinking about black.

Cards.png

1a72f94a9aa511e3a045121329a708f4_8.jpg

Another look at the helmet.

I think the logo could be a bit smaller, but as far as the helmet goes, I really don't have a problem with it. At least they didn't make a drastic move like Jacksonville, but looking at it, you can still tell it's Tampa Bay, which is good. I just hope they do something good with the uniforms. But. . umm, I miss the former font already, the new one looks like clip-art.

Now that looks pewter. Good angle, good lighting. Sure it'll look even more pewter in that Florida sun.

I may be off, and it'll be up to ColorWerx to confirm or deny, but it appears that black is entirely gone from the scheme...

*cough* someone *cough* might have said this *cough*

Everyone's attention was on the red and orange...just skipped thinking about black.

Good call. I actually thought you meant that we weren't thinking about red, since in every single version of the guesses, red was included.

Ok - I'm going to need an official ruling on this one...did the Bucs actually get to within 90 minutes before it leaked on this thread?? (Official reveal at 9:52 PM, USA Eastern time). And is that a NEW record? Somebody tell me, what was that compared to the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Vikings?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I wonder if they'll get rid of the black stripe on the sleeves

The "black" is the new, darker pewter color. In the same way that it made the helmet seem black in the official photo, it seems black as the outline. But click that link in my last post. The background is black. You can see the difference there.

I don't know man, it still comes across as looking a lot more like black than a "dark pewter". I can definitely see it now that I look at it again in the word mark, but its only because I'm looking for it and really trying to see it. I would bet that as usual it will be a detail that will be more easily noticed and debated on this board (like most subtle details are) but will probably be totally missed by the general public. I realize that is what this board is built around, but it begs the question: why not just use black instead?

I don't know man, it still comes across as looking a lot more like black than a "dark pewter". I can definitely see it now that I look at it again in the word mark, but its only because I'm looking for it and really trying to see it. I would bet that as usual it will be a detail that will be more easily noticed and debated on this board (like most subtle details are) but will probably be totally missed by the general public. I realize that is what this board is built around, but it begs the question: why not just use black instead?

Because black is already over-used

Archived