Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants, please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants...

I've got a bad feeling, but we all know what nike likes...

All red at home, all white on the road.

Want to bet I'm wrong?

Um, yeah, i'm not buying it. Those detail lines are still black.

tempBucs-mark-1-PMS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

The background is black. The lines are not. Still inconclusive, sure, but they are certainly not the same color on this official, Bucs-released graphic.

Yeah, I'm staring right at it, and the lines look exactly like the background to me.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do miss the wrinkles in the flag though....

I think the new flag could use some of the creases/wrinkles on the side with the sword.

While I think the new logo is ok, but I think the "roughness" of the edges (and the wordmark) gave the old logo more of a "pirate" look.

I saw, I came, I left.

I saw someone say that the Cowboys should also enlarge the logo on the helmet.

.... I nearly wanted to punch them in the throat.

I there HAS to be a team with an oversized logo, I say Tampa Bay is the only one that can pull it off. I don't like it that much, but it's not that bad.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants, please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants...

I've got a bad feeling, but we all know what nike likes...

All red at home, all white on the road.

Want to bet I'm wrong?

Um, yeah, i'm not buying it. Those detail lines are still black.

tempBucs-mark-1-PMS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

The background is black. The lines are not. Still inconclusive, sure, but they are certainly not the same color on this official, Bucs-released graphic.

Yeah, I'm staring right at it, and the lines look exactly like the background to me.

It's basically the background is RGB black, and the outline is what CMYK black looks like when simply switched over to an RGB graphic.

Your monitor isn't letting you see the difference, then. :) They're not the same color.

It's basically the background is RGB black, and the outline is what CMYK black looks like when simply switched over to an RGB graphic.

This is a possibility. Though the new Facebook cover photo for the Buccaneers is also definitely not black:

1902782_10152292206964595_1396575458_n.j

First impression was slightly negative for me. Then I started to come around to it....

And now I hate it. The logo is a horrible downgrade. The skull looks cartoony, the football looks like something out of NFL Play 60 and then lack of motion lines makes the red all candy-apple iPhone app interface. The oversized logo will be outdated next week. The chrome facemask will not match anything and stick out. And the pirate ship being red makes no sense. If htey were switching to black jerseys I would understand. I would maybe even like the bigger logo, but no.

Hate to quote Paul Lukas but this does not pass the good or stupid test.

I agree 100%.

except that the facemask matches the helmet almost perfectly...

Enough of the color speculation...here's a true comparison:

Old:

TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

and New:

TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Black most certainly IS a part of the new color scheme; however, I'm not entirely sure how much will actually be used. It IS in the primary logo, not the new Pewter. I've placed the colors in this order purely as a visual - Black to Pewter to Silver - to show the differences.

I haven't seen the uniforms yet, but I've got all of the marks, wordmarks and helmet graphics...working on it...

I'm not a fan of the size of the logo, but I think I like pretty much everything else about it.

It seems very "rebrand for rebrand's sake", though. I am a fan of the different shade of pewter, and the helmet logo makes more sense (to me) from a reproduction/scalability standpoint. And TBH, I think the chrome facemask works for the look (though I do think that trend is still stupid).

On first glance, I really liked the new wordmark. Seeing it written as just Bucs makes me rethink that.

Your monitor isn't letting you see the difference, then. :) They're not the same color.

We might be bordering on semantics. Black or really really dark grey/pewter...not a hell of a difference in this case. Like I said before, many people on this board might see them as two different colors because the pantones might be different and they are more inclined to place value in such subtle differences, but in essence its pretty much black.

Enough of the color speculation...here's a true comparison:

Old:

TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

and New:

TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Black most certainly IS a part of the new color scheme; however, I'm not entirely sure how much will actually be used. It IS in the primary logo, not the new Pewter. I've placed the colors in this order purely as a visual - Black to Pewter to Silver - to show the differences.

I haven't seen the uniforms yet, but I've got all of the marks, wordmarks and helmet graphics...working on it...

Thanks! I was wrong about my speculation about the black. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and it's nice to have that confirmed.

I'm late to the party but will add my two cents anyway...

Although the flag needs its wrinkles back and the logo is too large, this is an overall upgrade. The chrome-ish face mask is the highlight -- it looks so much cleaner/fresher than the black. (I didn't think I was going to like it.) The brighter red looks better, too.

Enough of the color speculation...here's a true comparison:Old:TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_2013_SCC_SRGB.pngand New:TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngBlack most certainly IS a part of the new color scheme; however, I'm not entirely sure how much will actually be used. It IS in the primary logo, not the new Pewter. I've placed the colors in this order purely as a visual - Black to Pewter to Silver - to show the differences.I haven't seen the uniforms yet, but I've got all of the marks, wordmarks and helmet graphics...working on it...

Awesome as always. Do you have side-by-side comparisons of the reds and oranges used by the org through the years? I think I read your comment that the new red and orange are the same as they used in the 70s, right?

gYH2mW9.png

Archived