Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Thank you CWX, as always.

2. Somehow we should relate this jersey/logo unveiling to vintage Minnesota Vikings uniforms and get angry.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oyn1ohn.png

And one showing the custom, hand-painted shading on the crown.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Unveil-Enhanced-Logo-and-Helmet/744d6357-fe9f-4ecd-bda4-2dc05ff0f2d3

...The helmet retains its trademark pewter color and includes a larger logo on each side along with the revolutionary new chrome facemask. Also unique to the Buccaneers’ look will be a hand-painted shading technique that uses a darker pewter color running vertically from the front of the helmet to the crown and along the ear-holes, providing a one-of-a-kind custom look.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Oyn1ohn.png

And one showing the custom, hand-painted shading on the crown.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Unveil-Enhanced-Logo-and-Helmet/744d6357-fe9f-4ecd-bda4-2dc05ff0f2d3

...The helmet retains its trademark pewter color and includes a larger logo on each side along with the revolutionary new chrome facemask. Also unique to the Buccaneers’ look will be a hand-painted shading technique that uses a darker pewter color running vertically from the front of the helmet to the crown and along the ear-holes, providing a one-of-a-kind custom look.

Wow. That's all kinds of stupid (and is going to look like :censored: on helmets that aren't the Revolution Speed). Unless they're planning to have different shadings for each style of helmet. In that case, that's ALL kinds of stupid.

That detail seriously lowers my expectations for the uniforms. If they're willing to do something so silly (and probably something that'll look like crap in execution), they're probably going to be willing to toy with the uniforms and make them equally silly.

As with any logo unveiling, this is neither as good as, nor as bad as, anyone would have you believe. It's cleaner, but that doesn't necessarily make it better than the old one. I don't mind it so far, but I'll wait to see everything put together before making a final judgment.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I love the big decal in this case. I think it'd make equal sense if you omitted the sword and just had the flag flowing from the front like the Eagle's wings. But this is neat. The wordmark is a vast improvement, as is most of this. However i'd use the pewter color as the shading rather than the chrome silver. It'd be more stark.

BUT the wordmark shading blows. Just a quick n dirty Photoshop but this is a pretty boss wordmark if they just omit that stupid shadow

Also love that the skulls mouth are football stitches AND the Bucco Orange making a triumphant return. I really hope they did this so they could have an orange alternate. Twice a year is the perfect amount. For now. .

BucsNoShadow_zps82c25f1a.jpg

Yeah, I'm staring right at it, and the lines look exactly like the background to me.

Your monitor isn't letting you see the difference, then. :) They're not the same color.

It's basically the background is RGB black, and the outline is what CMYK black looks like when simply switched over to an RGB graphic.

This is a possibility. Though the new Facebook cover photo for the Buccaneers is also definitely not black:

1902782_10152292206964595_1396575458_n.j

What a poorly rendered train-wreck. This is screams of amateur. I don't know who the heck is responsible for the recent run of logos, but clearly this is not Verlaner. Verlander had a nice run there between the Texans, Cardinals, Bengals and even the Falcons. Nice clean logos and nice clean yet distinctive wordmarks. This is bad. The wordmark (much like the Pats new wordmark) is just a slightly (poorly) customized version of some free fonts. These are supposed to be professional organizations but methinks someone went cheap on their graphic designer.

Well, that's too bad. Along with the Dolphins now, two of my top four helmets are gone. Don't hate the new one but my thoughts:

1. Bigger isn't always better.

2. I loved the old logo. The tatters in the flag gave it more depth. Now it looks too flat. And the logo was already more detailed than most. The grey detailing is too much. And it's so clean now which doesn't give it much of a pirate feel.

3. I liked the darker pewter. This pewter almost looks like straight silver.

I love the huge logo. I think it's hilarious and the next logical step in helmet design. After this, some team's helmet is going to be just a logo (lol Browns), before the trend reverses itself to no logo at all (lol Browns part II).

I don't have a problem with it, and look forward to the countless college copycats sure to follow.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love the huge logo. I think it's hilarious and the next logical step in helmet design. After this, some team's helmet is going to be just a logo (lol Browns), before the trend reverses itself to no logo at all (lol Browns part II).

I don't have a problem with it, and look forward to the countless college copycats sure to follow.

To follow? College teams started it.

Midway.png

You can find the host for this virus in Eugene, Oregon.

They didn't start it and they don't even really do it. They have more of a large graphic than a logo. It's not even a decal (I'm actually not sure if the bucs are using decals or will be dipped in the logo.) but part of the paint job. I think Boise State should be credited with the large logo, which i actually liked.

Taj i'm not too hot about the shadow either. It looks alot better without it, imo.

They didn't start it and they don't even really do it. They have more of a large graphic than a logo. It's not even a decal (I'm actually not sure if the bucs are using decals or will be dipped in the logo.) but part of the paint job. I think Boise State should be credited with the large logo, which i actually liked.

Taj i'm not too hot about the shadow either. It looks alot better without it, imo.

I was talking about nikefying the whole thing, that giant chrome wing counts as a helmet logo to me. chrome(oregon), fade from one color to the next(San Diego St. black to red), weird patterns(Oregon w/those little divots),giant logos(Boise/Oregon if you count the big wing), facemask stripe(Georgia) logos you can't see b/c it's the same color as the helmet w/ an undefined border(Fresno St. blackout helmets) I was in row 11 at the 45 yd line and the light had to hit the silver border just right to see a semblance of a logo.

Archived