Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they will definitely have new uniforms when they have new helmets.

There's no way you can say this with any certainty.

We are all just guessing, but I think relatively minor changes to the helmet and no changes to the uniform is the most likely outcome (at least until we get more info).

As others have said, I expect some kind of texture on pewter helmets (like Rutgers) and chrome facemasks (like Baylor). A modified logo on the sides.

Sapp seems to hint that there will be new uniforms at some point.

https://twitter.com/WarrenSapp/status/435794145308082176

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'm the most shocked they are changing the logo. The flag was cool and recognizable. It didn't look dated in my opinion. I could see pewter being reduced to a trim color with a red jersey and an orange jersey and white pants. The chrome facemask sounds like something that will go out of style quickly.

I'm disappointed because their current look is one of my favorite.

they will definitely have new uniforms when they have new helmets.

There's no way you can say this with any certainty.

We are all just guessing, but I think relatively minor changes to the helmet and no changes to the uniform is the most likely outcome (at least until we get more info).

As others have said, I expect some kind of texture on pewter helmets (like Rutgers) and chrome facemasks (like Baylor). A modified logo on the sides.

There has to be some change to the unis or they wouldn't have cut the prices in half on all of them like they just did. Now it could be small like the Panthers swapping out the old one on the sleeve for the new one, but that's something.

On 2/18/2014 at 10:42 AM, TheOldRoman said:

I fear the Bucs are going to go the road of the Chargers. The Chargers looked great, and had an incredible throwback look. Instead of going to the throwback as the fans wanted, they made a mishmash pile of yellow-and-blue-makes-green crap with their current set. The Bucs look good now, and I loved their creamsicle set. However, I'm guessing the next set (if it actually is a change) will be a "make everybody happy" thing which fails to make anybody happy.

Yeah, that's a possibility. As much as I loved the Bucs original look and would take it back in a heartbeat, they had a great overhaul that is unique and sort of a "modern classic". So if it was up to me, they'd pick one of the two and stick with it forever.

Cuz, yeah, the previous Chargers look was sexy. I don't love the throwback look but I understand that that is where the popular winds were blowing in San Diego. So I could have lived with it. The mishmash, however, sucks.

A second fear is that the Bucs are about to become the next experiment...whether it's with a gradient helmet or a college-style helmet or a set that is meant to be a Nike billboard more than a representation of the team (like Seattle).

From all the tweeting, etc., my gut tells me that this is going to happen:

• Tweak to the logo (hopefully a bit less detailed)
  • Change in color arrangement on the helmet
  • Minor uniform tweaks.

If that's the case then I have another fear...every team needs a proprietary font right?...Bucs, please, please, please keep the block numbers and do not go to a font like this:

I suspect most of you would like this, but I think it would kill their look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I fear the Bucs are going to go the road of the Chargers. The Chargers looked great, and had an incredible throwback look. Instead of going to the throwback as the fans wanted, they made a mishmash pile of yellow-and-blue-makes-green crap with their current set. The Bucs look good now, and I loved their creamsicle set. However, I'm guessing the next set (if it actually is a change) will be a "make everybody happy" thing which fails to make anybody happy.

Yeah, that's a possibility. As much as I loved the Bucs original look and would take it back in a heartbeat, they had a great overhaul that is unique and sort of a "modern classic". So if it was up to me, they'd pick one of the two and stick with it forever.

Cuz, yeah, the previous Chargers look was sexy. I don't love the throwback look but I understand that that is where the popular winds were blowing in San Diego. So I could have lived with it. The mishmash, however, sucks.

A second fear is that the Bucs are about to become the next experiment...whether it's with a gradient helmet or a college-style helmet or a set that is meant to be a Nike billboard more than a representation of the team (like Seattle).

• Minor uniform tweaks.

If that's the case then I have another fear...every team needs a proprietary font right?...Bucs, please, please, please keep the block numbers and do not go to a font like this:

bucs-training-camps.jpg

You photoshopped that right?

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

• Minor uniform tweaks.

bucs-training-camps.jpg

You photoshopped that right?

That's their practice jerseys.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Being only born in 1997, I wasn't alive to have any ties to the orange and white, Bucco Bruce, and all that jazz. But one thing is for sure, the throwback uniforms are definitely popular here in Tampa Bay. I see plenty of throwback jerseys' worn around town, at the stadium, etc. But as stated in previous articles posted, a drastic change to the old throwbacks is not coming.

First off, I am not afraid of the changes. One thing the Bucs have always been able to do has been able to dress well, just not always play well. With that in mind, the Bucs WILL NOT have a granite helmet. There is a 0.0001% it happens. So please folks, do not expect a catastrophe on Thursday.

With all that in mind, I can 3 three things occurring.

This is my guess:

-Slightly changed logo, pewter helmet is chromefied, and everything else stays the same. Orange/Black are still used very minimally on the uniform.

This would be an acceptable change that i'd be completely okay with. A shiny pewter helmet would look brilliant.

Other possibilities would be:

-White helmet is introduced, pewter becomes used more as an accent with red and white being the main colors.

No thanks. We already look way too much like the Falcons when we wear the white pants. Unfortunately, this is a big possibility.

-Orange becomes used on both the logo and helmet more.

I'd also be happy with this. However, I am not sure how they could not change the jersey's in a somewhat drastic way if they added a lot more orange to the logo.

However, all 3 of those are just wild guesses. All we know is that:

-Chrome will be used

-There will be an update on the logo

-The uniforms will not be drastically changed

-red/pewter will not be replaced (still leaves room for another color, however)

What is everybody's opinion on the usage of the word "update"? I truly do not expect a major overhaul, as the word update usually just means going off of what was already there and making some "positive" changes, not a completely drastic change.

As long as there is no skull and crossbones, I will be happy with the logo change.

My first thought was "oh, April Fool's is around the corner. Funny."

Then I realized Thursday was still in February...so my next thought was, "WHYYYYYYY??"

The Bucs have the best modern look in the NFL and one of the best overall looks period. Why mess with it? Great color combo and a menacing logoset. Just play good football.

Archived