Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

MOD EDIT pewter works perfectly for the bugs because of the Buccaneer theme not the Florida theme which doesn't really make sense for the bucs to try to emulate given there are 2 other florida teams with the dolphins being what I believe to be "floridas team" more than any other especially with the design of their uniforms.

For a team from the north, yes pewter is perfect. It's not menacing, it doesn't fit a Buccaneers (pirates) theme. It fits a Steelers type of team.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To weigh in on the previous Jolly Roger discussion, Jolly Rogers were hand-made, meaning they didn't have shading.

jolly-roger.png

I'd love to see someone find me a Jolly Roger with more than two colours (white and black or white and red, etc)

Christopher Moody went all out! His had four colours...

699px-Flag_of_Christopher_Moodysvg_zps58

it now resembles the Falcons helmet quite a bit.

It looks nothing like the Falcons helmet. MOD EDIT

For a team from the north, yes pewter is perfect. It's not menacing, it doesn't fit a Buccaneers (pirates) theme. It fits a Steelers type of team.

Pewter is basically the color of a cannonball, as I learned while reading this thread. MOD EDIT

bSLCtu2.png

Scouserduke, you had suggested leaving the skull's shading on Nash's version. I posted this late last night but it ended up buried so I don't think many saw it. It should give you an idea of what that'd look like.

The oversized logo on the helmet is a little much but overall I think there is potential in the uniforms. The Bucs have had a great identity and I'm hoping we'll see a homerun with the rest of the set. I'll withhold my final judgment until I see the helmet paired with the actual uniforms.

I mocked up what the new logo could look like with the old flag and I definitely prefer it with the old flag.

New logo with old flag:

hy8z.png

This is absolutely PERFECT!!

we get it you don't like pewter, give it a rest. pewter works perfectly for the bugs because of the Buccaneer theme not the Florida theme which doesn't really make sense for the bucs to try to emulate given there are 2 other florida teams with the dolphins being what I believe to be "floridas team" more than any other especially with the design of their uniforms.

It's far more menacing than orange and red. It fits a Pirates theme really well. It fits a pirates theme far better than orange and red do. Honestly I don't know what's more piratesque than a pewter cannonball brownish/gray. Literally. That color choice was perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

To weigh in on the previous Jolly Roger discussion, Jolly Rogers were hand-made, meaning they didn't have shading.

jolly-roger.png

I'd love to see someone find me a Jolly Roger with more than two colours (white and black or white and red, etc)

Christopher Moody went all out! His had four colours...

699px-Flag_of_Christopher_Moodysvg_zps58

I kinda phrased that wrong. Can anyone find a Jolly Roger with shading?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a Bucs life?? What the Hell is that?

A slogan which can trigger a Disney/Pixar lawsuit to protect a movie released in 1998.

Wouldn't that fall under parody? Like ECW having b.W.o while WCW had the n.W.o.

spacer.png

Why are people always going on about Florida needing bright colors? Are there other states that have color schemes associated with them?

yes... there are countless people that felt before the stars came up with their redesign that it made no sense for a dallas hockey team to wear green and gold. many on this very forum, and within the organization, feel that a "texas" team needs to wear some combination of navy, silver, and red. others think that brown and tan are also fitting for a texas team.

these are the same demographic that feel like every texas sports team needs a wordmark in a western font and a secondary logo featuring livestock.

thank god the stars did it right and ignored those people.

I'm of the opinion that teams should never feel obligated to have "state colors," whatever those even mean. Florida may be the sunshine state, but that shouldn't limit what colors the Bucs might choose to use. If they wanted to be black and red, fine. In this case, though, I do like the pewter, I feel it's unique within the NFL.

The official graphic still uses an old helmet style?(although it does look better as a logo)

Yeah - surprising they still use this template.

Why? I think it is the classic NFL helmet template, clean and simple.

Because it doesn't reflect the times of the NFL right now and the helmets commonly used today

Go A's!

A slogan which can trigger a Disney/Pixar lawsuit to protect a movie released in 1998.

Actually, a ride that opened in 1967. And the first movie was released in 2003. And Pixar had nothing to do with it, unless you count ILM doing the effects. And the NFL probably checks these things out... this isn't the NHL here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnIi05XNK4

Actually, a ride that opened in 1967. And the first movie was released in 2003. And Pixar had nothing to do with it, unless you count ILM doing the effects. And the NFL probably checks these things out... this isn't the NHL here.

I don't think you guys are talking about the same movie.

I highly doubt "a bugs life" and "its a bucs life" are going to have any conflictions.

Im going to make some speculations about the uniforms. I think the will see the number font being the same as the new wordmark font. I think silver will have a place in each peice, and will carry out a sword theme. We may see pewter pants to match the helmet. The jerseys will be primarily red and white (their alternate will be the throwback). And it will be in the latest Nike template that Oregon showed off a few months ago

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm betting that the third jersey will be an orange jersey (or possibly pewter) in the same template as the red and white. Sort of like the Chargers.

Well they can only have 3 and althought that is a possibility its hard to see them giving up in the throwbacks.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived