TampaBayRays

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

bucsuni_zpsb4f71170.jpgThe Gamecocks have a look the Bucs should have built off of. The new helmet's brightened red and chrome don't reflect the character of a pirate.

So...just South Carolina with different logos.

I'd much rather it not be that (which it won't be exactly like that, given the helmets), since South Carolina isn't even a particularly well-dressed college squad.

I like SC's color scheme. Obviously different numbers and stripes that could relate to sward slashes. They may not appear well dressed because they use Under Armour's :censored:ty template.

bucsuni_zpsb4f71170.jpgThe Gamecocks have a look the Bucs should have built off of. The new helmet's brightened red and chrome don't reflect the character of a pirate.

im going to disagree. i think red and white of SC dosen't match the "bad ass pirate" theme of the Bucs. the white is too innocent and pure. the helmet, especially with the silver mask, looks like something you would find on a ship. a cannonball and an anchor or sword. the dark shell with the bright blood red flag makes a huge aggressive impact and the white helmet kills that

im going to disagree. i think red and white of SC dosen't match the "bad ass pirate" theme of the Bucs. the white is too innocent and pure. the helmet, especially with the silver mask, looks like something you would find on a ship. a cannonball and an anchor or sword. the dark shell with the bright blood red flag makes a huge aggressive impact and the white helmet kills that

We're GARNET, not red. Also, we've updated our uniforms to a much cleaner look.

010114-fsf-capitalonebowl-connor-shaw.jp

It's actually just this:

PMS_202_C_SRGB.png

...which is used by about a gazillion other teams and schools, including:

• Phoenix Coyotes
  • Miami Heat
  • Atlanta Thrashers

...or:

• U. of Minnesota
  • Lafayette College
  • Loyola Marymount U.
  • Iowa State U.
  • Florida State U.
  • Iona College
  • Santa Clara U.
  • Texas A&M International U.
  • Washington U. in St. Louis

...among so many other pro teams and colleges. In fact both the Washington Redskins AND the St. Louis (football) Cardinals used it at the same time during the 1980s. And, they called it Burgundy and Cardinal Red respectively.

U of Minnesota, huh? Interesting. I would of thought the Gophers wore a darker maroon. Strange how a preconceived idea can alter your perceptions.

Agreed. If the Bucs want a "white" helmet, it should be the color of an old, tattered treasure map.

It's stuff like this that makes me love having Colorwerx around. Educational information that we'd otherwise have never realized... Great stuff!

It's actually just this:

PMS_202_C_SRGB.png

• Lafayette College

We just call it "maroon".

if it's worth anything we use the same swatch and a few different fabric matches of it for vintage Ohio State apparel.

It's actually just this:

PMS_202_C_SRGB.png

• Lafayette College

We just call it "maroon".

You and Bugs Bunny .....

They just missed perfection by a hair... :P

SkeletorBucs_zpse50b3667.png

No, I think the Emperor looks a little different. And if you're not careful, he's gonna choke you with the Force....

Hope not, I think the Buccaneers are unveiling ahead of the usual schedule.

Less than three days left and still no leaks. This is some Belichick-level secrecy. It's unlikely, but hopefully this is a sign of how the team has changed in the past few months.

I don't know if this helps (with the colors and all), but....it's something to chew on.

A local retailer received an email that stated:

- The Buccaneers have a new primary and secondary color.

- New primary color - Athletic Red(0484)

- New secondary color - Classic Pewter(806G)

- New org code - 9Y

- Retail launch date of April 1st

- No Bucs product can ship or be displayed with the new logo until 4/1