Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way... right? I mean, there's just no way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I really don't know what to think of this. It looks awful, yet it's not bad. I think it's the numbers. There is very little red on the rest of the jersey, yet the numbers are mostly red. If they were pewter with an orange outline, it would look better, but the red looks really out of place.

The number font seems to be the only thing dragging this down. Wonder what the home will look like. I'm thinking it will be pewter, as it's dark enough to look like an all black look

EDIT: For those thinking it's fake, the NFL's Facebook Page posted that it was the real deal. Let's hope they're trolling us

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Saw it on Deadspin first, thought they were doing some Onion-like reporting. Then I saw it on here, and thought we had been duped. I just checked the Bucs website and it's the first image that pops up...and it isn't April 1. What the hell were they thinking?

They look a bit like the XFL's San Francisco Demons. They look a LOT like they belong in a minor league like the Arena League. I know that's a blanket insult that gets thrown around a lot (often without justification), but it truly applies in this case.

I was chastised for saying they had taken a dump on their identity with the new logo. I was premature. THIS is taking a dump on your identity.

This is how you destroy your brand. No thought process, no clear decision making, no reasoning behind any of the choices, overly drawn logos that don't improve upon the old logos and instead invite a whole new set of problems, and arena league uniforms (this gets thrown around a lot, but these are quintessential trying-too-hard to be cutting edge and instead just looking stupid arena league uniforms.).

Also, Nike, what is with the random blocks of color? The Jaguars uniforms have very similar pants "stripes", and I have yet to see it look good.

RIP

628x471.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was chastised for saying they had taken a dump on their identity with the new logo. I was premature. THIS is taking a dump on your identity.

This is how you destroy your brand. No thought process, no clear decision making, no reasoning behind any of the choices, overly drawn logos that don't improve upon the old logos and instead invite a whole new set of problems, and arena league uniforms (this gets thrown around a lot, but these are quintessential trying-too-hard to be cutting edge and instead just looking stupid arena league uniforms.).

Also, Nike, what is with the random blocks of color? The Jaguars uniforms have very similar pants "stripes", and I have yet to see it look good.

RIP

628x471.jpg

I once was your enemy in regards to your helmet overreaction. Today let us become brothers in arms against what has happened to this once-pretty-sweet uniform set.

----

I immediately had to go take a foul, nasty dump upon seeing this uniform update. It was sickly and baby-food like in it's consistency. I blame this uniform reveal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In typical Nike fashion...

Custom name and number fonts feature beveled edges inspired by historical Buccaneer blade carvings, echoing the modern industrial design inspiration. The team's white jerseys sport pewter sleeves and shoulders with red numbers, while the red jerseys also feature pewter sleeves and shoulders but with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulders-- adding an extra element of energy to the evolved Buccaneer identity.

The team's secondary logo, a powerful wooden ship fueled by wind-filled sails, is similarly refined to convey the Bucs' relentless energy. The redesigned wooden ship is positioned on the right shoulder and the abbreviated "BUCS" moniker on the left. The enhanced flag is proudly displayed on both the right and left hip of the pant.

Oh dear Lord...from TB's website:

===

The base uniform color has been energized with richer pewter, juxtaposed with a brighter, more vibrant shade of "Buccaneer Red". In homage to the Buccaneers' early uniforms, the look also features "Bay Orange" as a new primary trim color and accent on both the jersey and the pants. Tampa Bay also becomes the first NFL franchise to incorporate a revolutionary reflective chrome border around the numbers on the front, back and shoulders. The chrome border incorporates a technologically advanced reflective coating that adds a new dimension, increased readability and a unique glow to the numbers.

Custom name and number fonts feature beveled edges inspired by historical Buccaneer blade carvings, echoing the modern industrial design inspiration. The team's white jerseys sport pewter sleeves and shoulders with red numbers, while the red jerseys also feature pewter sleeves and shoulders but with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulders-- adding an extra element of energy to the evolved Buccaneer identity.

The team's secondary logo, a powerful wooden ship fueled by wind-filled sails, is similarly refined to convey the Bucs' relentless energy. The redesigned wooden ship is positioned on the right shoulder and the abbreviated "BUCS" moniker on the left. The enhanced flag is proudly displayed on both the right and left hip of the pant.

===

This pretty much sums up my reaction. And as a Saints fan I'll get to see these twice a year!

laughing%2Bdonkey.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived