TampaBayRays

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

Good Lord, it's actually worse than the Seahawks' jerseys.

OK, after the helmet I expected the uniforms to be a downgrade, but...

SWEET CHRISTMAS! ARE YOU F'N SERIOUS??

That steaming pile rivals some of the NCAA nightmares.

Wait, so the left sleeve says BUCS and the right sleeve has the ship logo?

Oh sweet baby jesus these keep getting dumber and dumber.

I don't always agree with McCarthy, but when I do, it's about this.

the red jerseys also feature pewter sleeves and shoulders but with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulders

Having different number colors worked out well for the '93 Patriots

Bucs - an ok helmet change killed by the uniform

Jags - an ok uniform change killed by the helmet

Fins - nothing's ok here.

Someone wanna help out Florida?

Ellen killed Twitter.

The Bucs will kill CCSLC.

wow. Didn't expect such major changes. im honestly surprised by such a bad reaction. Im a highly critical person, who manages to find flaws in plenty of uniforms, but these are NOT bad. The number font is pretty goofy, but the modernization, the addition of orange, darkening of pewter and sharpness of red really pop. The chrome is unique. This is nowhere near as bad as Seattle, Jacksonville, Minnesota or Miami. There modernization was half ass, this isn't. these will look great in the Florida sun, I can promise you that.

I used to think the trend of matching the socks with the pants was just an oversight, or that the designer wanted the socks to stay consistent home to road. But now it's obvious... some genius is actually going out of the way to match the socks and pants. Pewter socks? Idiot.

these will look great in the Florida sun, I can promise you that.

Except that we can already see that the helmet and uniform will very rarely match in the sunshine.

The mismatching sleeves has to be the worst part IMO. Having 1 sleeve say "Bucs" is going to look a lot like Arizona State's "ASU" crap

That font is an insult to every designer who can't get a job.

Uniform03_03_14_2_a.jpg

tumblr_mi7ahg9Fw21s1popdo1_400_zpsd8c08b

(Just put me out of my misery already.)

these will look great in the Florida sun, I can promise you that.

Except that we can already see that the helmet and uniform will very rarely match in the sunshine.
Care to elaborate?

What I hate to see the most is I seem to be the only positive Bucs fan on these forums so far. Yeah, The number font is weird, but this is a new era in football uniforms. This, to me, could've been a lot worse.

At first glance, this new look is much more pleasing on the eyes. Don't mean to be crude, but the pewter pants always looked like the team had a bad case of the runs. Worst color in sports if you ask me.

I'm not a fan of the leotard look, but otherwise this looks pretty solid. I like the shoulders, and the helmet looks decent with the uniforms. Not the greatest uniform ever, but not the usual Nike debacle we've become accustomed to. The numbers look a little odd, but unless there is something crazy on the backs, this has less pointless flare than even the new Vikings set. Way better look than the new Jaguars or Dolphins, so there is that.