Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

wow. Didn't expect such major changes. im honestly surprised by such a bad reaction. Im a highly critical person, who manages to find flaws in plenty of uniforms, but these are NOT bad. The number font is pretty goofy, but the modernization, the addition of orange, darkening of pewter and sharpness of red really pop. The chrome is unique. This is nowhere near as bad as Seattle, Jacksonville, Minnesota or Miami. There modernization was half ass, this isn't. these will look great in the Florida sun, I can promise you that.

I hate them, but being as objective as I can I can't see how they're better than Minnesota, Miami or even Seattle. Those uniforms all had a plan with a thought process and they still look like football uniforms.

I'd put the Bucs uniforms as worse than the Jaguars and the helmets as slightly better than the Jaguars, but only because it might be impossible to top the horribleness that is the Jaguars abortion of a helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fear is that this represents the future of NFL uni design. Not for every team of course but more often than not.

That is hideous.

Suddenly I'm much more pleased with the Saints' current set. :unsure:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What I hate to see the most is I seem to be the only positive Bucs fan on these forums so far. Yeah, The number font is weird, but this is a new era in football uniforms. This, to me, could've been a lot worse.

I think it's the number font that is really killing it for me. too many bevels and if they included the red in the numbers then it would be miles better

And see, for all y'all who keep clamoring for Nike to take over everything...see, this is what happens.

(I have to believe we're being trolled here, but, if not...then fault for this lies squarely on the heads of them Glazer boys.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't like them, but I think I COULD live with them.

But... PLEASE... not with those numbers!!! A 90's digital clock on a pirate jersey... Seriously???

Just glad of the return of a bit more of our historical orange.

Let's wait for the red one.

I thought the reaction to the logos that some of you had was over the top. Well, as you were.

I recall the fear posed by someone (Icecap maybe) that they'd go all San Diego Chargers and try to please everyone and please nobody. Well I'd take that right about now.

I get simplifying the logo. I get tweaking the pewter. I get (though hate) putting a huge logo on the helmet.

This, I don't get. Yes, if the number font was not so goofy, it may be a tolerable uniform. But they definitely tried to fix what was not broken. Even with a different number font, how could anyone not call this a downgrade. They had a modern classic. Now they just have clownsuits.

And this brings me one step closer to having to mourn the loss of block numbers in football.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I work in low-level football leagues, both indoor and outdoor. This is what I expect our opponents to show up in. That's not meant as a compliment, in case you couldn't tell.

That's my issue with it. These don't look like a team on the forefront of football uniform design. It looks like a team in the arena league seven years ago.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honestly - the only thing I don't like is the number font. And maybe the enlarged helmet logo. And the logo update itself.

But the jersey and pants combo itself... it's not bad. Just needs a different number font, IMO.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

these will look great in the Florida sun, I can promise you that.

Except that we can already see that the helmet and uniform will very rarely match in the sunshine.
Care to elaborate?
The helmet in the picture is carefully matched by careful lighting. But in comparing the helmet in the official photos and the helmet seen on the show, the helmet doesn't look that matte, dark pewter color most of the time. So with the non-shiny uniform, they'll rarely, if ever, match.

We can hope that the lighting is playing the same trick on the material as it is with the helmet, making it seem less shiny than it really is, but so far Nike's M.O. is away from shiny material.

And see, for all y'all who keep clamoring for Nike to take over everything...see, this is what happens.

(I have to believe we're being trolled here, but, if not...then fault for this lies squarely on the heads of them Glazer boys.)

If so, the Bucs are the ones trolling. The stuff I posted is straight from a media release on their website. It's real, man.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My fear is that this represents the future of NFL uni design. Not for every team of course but more often than not.

That is hideous.

Suddenly I'm much more pleased with the Saints' current set. :unsure:

This is my worry as well. IIRC Nike has made statements about wanting to push the NFL on design... my worry is we'll get a lot more of this garbage before the pendulum swings back. I think the NFL is about to enter a truly vomitous era of uniforms. Thank God my Vikings just redesigned into something nice and are stuck in it for a bit.

I think this board has jumped the shark. These are fairly ordinary looking. Not something spectacularly outrageous. Certainly not the NFL's worst look. My first reaction was "oh, that's nice enough." Was surprised to come here and see all the flipping out.

Archived