Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

I think this board has jumped the shark. These are fairly ordinary looking. Not something spectacularly outrageous. Certainly not the NFL's worst look. My first reaction was "oh, that's nice enough." Was surprised to come here and see all the flipping out.

What? What league are you watching?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the A11FL's Tampa Bay Bandits come up with for a uniform, it will likely be light years better than this mess and therefore like their namesake predecessors be the best dressed football team in the city.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I quite like the basic design.

Colours good. Jersey layout good. Pants good

Having different logos on each sleeve is stupid

Numbers wtf

The numbers have totally ruined this IMO. They don't fit the design. They don't fit with any sort of buccaneers imagery that I can think of. They don't look aesthetically good on their own. They are a total miss.

Fix the numbers and this is a terrific modern redesign IMO.

Some on Reddit are claiming these are the alternate uniforms and not the regular away unis. So maybe there is hope? *gulp*

The write up on the Bucs website says that there are 2 jerseys, 2 sets of pants, and three sets of socks...so I'm willing to bet that Reddit is wrong on this one.

I think the red uniform will look a lot better (better color balance all the way around) and with a block/better font and some red socks, it would be a pretty decent modern uniform... BUT when compared to what it's replacing, it's a travesty.

And see, for all y'all who keep clamoring for Nike to take over everything...see, this is what happens.

(I have to believe we're being trolled here, but, if not...then fault for this lies squarely on the heads of them Glazer boys.)

If so, the Bucs are the ones trolling. The stuff I posted is straight from a media release on their website. It's real, man.

No it's not and you can't make me believe it. /DENIAL

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think this board has jumped the shark. These are fairly ordinary looking. Not something spectacularly outrageous. Certainly not the NFL's worst look. My first reaction was "oh, that's nice enough." Was surprised to come here and see all the flipping out.

Well, the pants look a lot like the Saints. The shoulder treatment is not unlike the old Cowboys jersey, and the Titans re-popularized the colored shoulder thing 15 years ago.

Other than the digital clock numbers (which aren't that bad), there are no weird striping patterns, arm pit panels, or gimmicky "lets make the stripes look like a Vikings ship sail" silliness. They are a little bit plain if anything by modern standards.

I quite like the basic design.

Colours good. Jersey layout good. Pants good

Having different logos on each sleeve is stupid

Numbers wtf

The numbers have totally ruined this IMO. They don't fit the design. They don't fit with any sort of buccaneers imagery that I can think of. They don't look aesthetically good on their own. They are a total miss.

Fix the numbers and this is a terrific modern redesign IMO.

I can concur with this analysis.

Well, the pants look a lot like the Saints. The shoulder treatment is not unlike the old Cowboys jersey, and the Titans re-popularized the colored shoulder thing 15 years ago.

Other than the digital clock numbers (which aren't that bad), there are no weird striping patterns, arm pit panels, or gimmicky "lets make the stripes look like a Vikings ship sail" silliness. They are a little bit plain if anything by modern standards.

NM...just NM.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hey, am I wrong, or did they just cut and paste the same blocky pants stripe they gave the jags?

I caught that, too--not exactly the same, but pretty darn close.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived