TampaBayRays

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

Holy crap....ain't even mad about the Jags helmet anymore after seeing this look. Unreal.

Lost in all this is what happened to the 3/5 reveal? It's like they just couldn't wait to rip the wrapper off. The release on their website says:

===

The previously scheduled press event on Wednesday, March 5, has been replaced in favor of an exclusive, Buccaneers Season Pass Members-only event featuring the first live viewing of the new uniforms. Further details will be provided at a later date. A photo gallery of high-resolution imagery and additional information regarding the team's new look will be released at 2:00 p.m. ET on both Buccaneers.com and Nikeinc.com.

===

My guess would be they had the season-ticket holder exclusive planned anyway. By turning this into the primary event, they took away the opportunity for season ticket holders to leak the new design, even if it was only two days.

Sigh. I just...

I mean the new ship logo...

I'm just gonna wait until they unveil the whole...

Oh who am I kidding? These :censored:ing suck. The ONE design element they had to copy from another team is the G-d damn Titans yoke? Are you :censored:ing kidding me, Malcolm Glazer? Yeah, these are about what I expected. :censored:ing garbage. Just like the team itself.

I know this is a sports logos and uniforms board, but has anyone ever straight up tapped out on a team because of a uniform change? Anyone ever actually gone as far as to take one look at a uniform and say "It was a good run, but I'm out. Here's my resignation letter". Because I'm pretty damn close.

Happened to me with the Anaheim Ducks way back when

Yeah, and the Hornets broke my heart when they switched to Pelicans and brought out that sad, uninspired identity. I can feel your pain right now.

I'm to distracted and sad to even work right now.

I think that picture is awful. I want to see what it looks like in game action. I dont thin it will be that bad.

So...isn't this dark pewter really just brown? It looks like the Browns modernized and added a pinkish red. The brown and red look totally discordant in a way that the old red / lighter pewter didn't.

It makes me dread the 2015 Browns update - even more than the 2014 Browns season.

I know this is a sports logos and uniforms board, but has anyone ever straight up tapped out on a team because of a uniform change? Anyone ever actually gone as far as to take one look at a uniform and say "It was a good run, but I'm out. Here's my resignation letter". Because I'm pretty damn close.

I haven't gone that far, but my passion for the Bengals isn't the same as it was before they started wearing the mismatched clown suits. I had a hard time getting too excited about the Reds from 1999-2006, as well, because of the barrage of black and the ugly vests. Those teams mostly sucked, though, so that didn't help.

I think that picture is awful. I want to see what it looks like in game action. I dont thin it will be that bad.

Yes but it won't change the fact that they have a logo on one sleeve and a wordmark on the other.

Yes but it won't change the fact that they have a logo on one sleeve and a wordmark on the other.

True... But you wont even be able to really tell that when watching on TV

I was chastised to no end for trying to tell you guys the only source saying it was minor changes was Florio and that all signs pointed to a major overhaul.

Hate to say I told you so.

These uniforms... I don't even know if I like them.

And those that know me know that's bad....

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. From this link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/buccaneers-uniform-changes-wont-be-drastic/

Here's the money quote "According to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, Bucs officials said “no drastic changes have been made” to the familiar red and pewter color scheme."

To summarize, Darin Gantt posted what was reported to a writer with the Tampa Tribune per a Buccaneers official. It was a Buccaneers official who said "no drastic changes have been made".

So...isn't this dark pewter really just brown? It looks like the Browns modernized and added a pinkish red. The brown and red look totally discordant in a way that the old red / lighter pewter didn't.

That's it! The pewter when used in flat materials just looks like a dull brown and neither the red or orange are working well with it.

The old uniforms used a metallic pewter so it had some life to it and they showed restraint by only including it on the pants and helmets and even then it never directly touched orange or red. Like I said above, it's just a horrible display of color application. Not balanced at all.

I was chastised to no end for trying to tell you guys the only source saying it was minor changes was Florio and that all signs pointed to a major overhaul.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. From this link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/buccaneers-uniform-changes-wont-be-drastic/

Here's the money quote "According to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, Bucs officials said “no drastic changes have been made” to the familiar red and pewter color scheme."

To summarize, Darin Gantt posted what was reported to a writer with the Tampa Tribune per a Buccaneers official. It was a Buccaneers official who said "no drastic changes have been made".

"To the red and pewter color scheme."

That says nothing about design.

Are they going to have a 3rd jersey?

I haven't gone that far, but my passion for the Bengals isn't the same as it was before they started wearing the mismatched clown suits. I had a hard time getting too excited about the Reds from 1999-2006, as well, because of the barrage of black and the ugly vests. Those teams mostly sucked, though, so that didn't help.

I was thinking about this and how I've had to support teams that have put me in a position of watching uniforms I hate game in and game out and I don't think we have it as bad as Buccaneers fans do.

The Bengals change in 2004 still held onto what makes them the Bengals and they did the smart thing and didn't touch the helmet. The Buccaneers though don't look like themselves anymore and they changed the uniforms from the one period of sustained success they've ever had.

If I were a Bucs fan I'd think long and hard about finding a new team. These uniforms are that bad.

Here's the money quote "According to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, Bucs officials said no drastic changes have been made to the familiar red and pewter color scheme."

Pretty damn funny you're talking about reading comprehension.

Florio said there "may be minor changes to the uniforms." While the Bucs official said there would be only "minor changes to the RED AND PEWTER used"

The classic "call a guy stupid while unknowingly having something stupid in your text" maneuver.

ESPN just called the new font "retro"

#TheWorldwideLeader

For all the good stuff Nike does, their designers seem to need a course in typography. Put in a decent numeral font and the thing isn't half bad. Feel bad for TB.

bucs.jpg

A very short while ago

I can still remember when the Buccaneers would make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance that I could redesign their pants

And maybe fans would be happy for awhile

But February made me shiver

With every rumor they'd deliver

Strange helmet on the door step...I couldn't shake it's bad rep

I can't remember if I cried when I saw their unis got Nike-fied

Something broke me deep inside the day...Bucs unis...died

So bye, bye Quality Design

Took the bevel to new levels and many souls cried

And the good old red and pewter look that they denied

For numbers that are chrome-ified

Did you make a logo site and do you have faith in Philip Knight?

If Nike tells us so

Now do you believe in cut-and-paste with the XFL and toxic waste?

And can you teach me how to meet deadlines real slow?

Well I know that you're in love with matte

I saw the Vikings helmet not quite fall flat

You both made the purple look less blue

And I dug those purply hues

I was a lonely liker of the Bucs

With their colors rad and their old coach Chuck

But "God :censored: ing damn," I shouted, "these :censored: ing suck"

The day Bucs Unis Died

*chorus*

Now for 17 years this look had been real swell

Saving the franchise from creamsicle hell

But that's now how it used to be

When Dungy was praising Shaun E. King before Chucky hijacked his winning team

And they both now haunt my TV

And while our heads were looking down, the Glazers shopped their look around

Big investment with no return

All these jerseys should be burned

And while Goodell re-wrote a book of rules, Nike went to work with Satan's tools and the NFL played us all for fools

The day the Bucs Unis Died.

*chorus*

Hocus Pocus and a plague of locusts please descend upon the look that broke us

After the Jags we're falling fast

We landed hard upon the painted grass

Mike Glennon fumbled a forward pass, Darrelle Revis on the sidelines counting cash

The halftime air had scents of doom as their new jerseys entered the locker room

Random swatches on their pants, clock numbers counted their last chance

As Nike tried to rape the field

The Bucs fans refused to yield

Piss on the rotten NFL shield today Bucs Unis Died

*chorus*

And there we all were in the CCSLC

Generations of aesthetics geeks

With no patience left to start again

So Licht Be Nimble, Licht Be Quick

Fighting staph infections and Lovie Smith

Firing everyone is just a means to an end

As I watched the unveil take center stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage

No designer ever lured to hell could design such a turd

As the uniforms freshly ate the flames

A fireball rose over Raymond James

Here we are left to take the blame the day the Bucs Unis Died

*chorus

I met a fan who had season tix and I asked what he thought of this

He simply frowned and turned away

I went down to the sacred store where once hung the jerseys I did adore

But the man there said the jerseys went away

And in the streets the children screamed

It's the XFL look of their dreams

Not a word was spoken

Adults hearts all were broken

Red and pewter I admired most

Now are ketchup mustard and burnt toast

I'm glad as hell I don't live on the coast today, the Bucs Unis Died.

So bye, bye Quality Design

Took the bevel to new levels and many souls cried

And the good old red and pewter look that they denied

The XII have spoken.

RnLmp.png

Holy crap....ain't even mad about the Jags helmet anymore after seeing this look. Unreal.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.....Jags helmet < Every uniform design in the history of sports

I'm not thrilled with the new uni compared to their past looks but I'm willing to reserve judgement until I see these things live.