Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

I like the uniforms, but here's my concern about the numbers. What was the priority when designing these? I suspect it was more about designing something to showcase Nike's reflective material than it was to give Tampa something that best fit their identity.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap....ain't even mad about the Jags helmet anymore after seeing this look. Unreal.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.....Jags helmet < Every uniform design in the history of sports

I'm not thrilled with the new uni compared to their past looks but I'm willing to reserve judgement until I see these things live.

I just don't see how anything (live, in person, on high def) can make those numerals look good. I think it was Erik Spiekermann who said, "there are no bad fonts, just bad uses of fonts", he may have to rethink that statement now.

And here's the home uniform.

14_mccoy--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

Wow that is RED!!!

Yeah, the bright red numbers being on the shoulders is a bit crazy. Also, its a bad angle, but it seems like the chest numbers aren't as digital-y?

Video Link Below:

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Making-the-Uniform-Behind-the-Scenes/6db023d6-2c97-400d-aae0-3111b41d9518

This is an improvement over the White. Kinda reminds me of Marylands uniforms however, but Nike instead of Under Armor. Must be the red.

So...isn't this dark pewter really just brown? It looks like the Browns modernized and added a pinkish red. The brown and red look totally discordant in a way that the old red / lighter pewter didn't.

That's it! The pewter when used in flat materials just looks like a dull brown and neither the red or orange are working well with it.

The old uniforms used a metallic pewter so it had some life to it and they showed restraint by only including it on the pants and helmets and even then it never directly touched orange or red. Like I said above, it's just a horrible display of color application. Not balanced at all.

The old pewter was more brown, and that drove me crazy. True pewter is more gray in color, and that's what I'm hoping for when official images are released.

I gotta admit..after seeing them on the video my opinion has changed slightly. I actually think these will grow on me. One thing that wont however is the ship only being on 1 sleeve. Put the ship on both sides and this could work for me

I can't adequately express through words how much I hate these so I'm just going to keep repeating myself and maybe my emotions will come across through sheer volume.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived