Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta admit..after seeing them on the video my opinion has changed slightly. I actually think these will grow on me. One thing that wont however is the ship only being on 1 sleeve. Put the ship on both sides and this could work for me

agreed

I have been begging for the Eagles to change back to the Kelly Green for quite some time on this site. Today, after seeing what Nike has done to TB, Florida and the NFL as a whole, I am officially changing my mind. Dear Nike, please don't touch the Eagles. Ever.

The red jersey looks GREAT, your eyes don't instantly jump to the pewter, plus I like the word mark on one side and the ship on the other.

Weren't you the one whining when people like something aside from creamsicle?

Your lack of true fandom is astounding. ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

tempAT_SP14_TBB_Team_Uniform_Red_392--nftemp43589_230875_AT_SP14_TBB_Team_Unifor

The pewter yokes are just overkill as is the font and the repeating logos. I'm not sure if it's management or nike but this addiction to over-design seems to be generating about a 75% failure rate.

If they could just exercise some goddam restraint there is potential for a good uniform here but they just have to keep meddling and Tinkering. Had they just updated the helmet and removed the black trim from the existing uniform that would be an awesome modern uniform.

I don't even know where to start on these jerseys.... I liked the logo. I thought the helmet was ok but wow those jerseys. Yuck. Between the BUCS written on the sleeves to the alarm clock font for the numbers to the titan type jersey patterning..... Its a disgrace. I was really excited for the unis thought they could redeem the helmets a bit. I was so wrong....

tempAT_SP14_TBB_Team_Uniform_Red_392--nftemp43589_230875_AT_SP14_TBB_Team_Unifor

I know this probably gets thrown around a bit too much, but these really look minor league. These look like something straight out of a video game that couldn't use the official NFL licence.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The red jersey looks GREAT, your eyes don't instantly jump to the pewter, plus I like the word mark on one side and the ship on the other.

Weren't you the one whining when people like something aside from creamsicle?

Your lack of true fandom is astounding. ;)

My problem is with the pewter. The red jersey incorporates the orange takes your eyes away from the pewter.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

I was chastised to no end for trying to tell you guys the only source saying it was minor changes was Florio and that all signs pointed to a major overhaul.

Hate to say I told you so.

These uniforms... I don't even know if I like them.

And those that know me know that's bad....

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. From this link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/buccaneers-uniform-changes-wont-be-drastic/

Here's the money quote "According to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, Bucs officials said no drastic changes have been made to the familiar red and pewter color scheme."

To summarize, Darin Gantt posted what was reported to a writer with the Tampa Tribune per a Buccaneers official. It was a Buccaneers official who said "no drastic changes have been made".

Pretty damn funny you're talking about reading comprehension.

Florio said there "may be minor changes to the uniforms." While the Bucs official said there would be only "minor changes to the RED AND PEWTER used"

The classic "call a guy stupid while unknowingly having something stupid in your text" maneuver.

Again, Mike Florio said nothing of the sort. Darin Gantt said "While the team will unveil a new logo and helmet design Thursday, the changes to the team’s uniforms could be subtle.". Could be. Not will be.

Put another way, please point out to me where Mike Florio said that the changes would be minor?

It's where I sit.

I fear what Nike has in store for my Browns in 2015

The Browns already look like total horse****. Its not like they could look any worse.

The Browns should have been rebranded and those current mess of a uniform burned and tossed into Lake Erie, when they came back into the league in 1999.

And for the 198th time...QUIT BLAMING NIKE!!! The teams are the ones who make the decisions on the rebrands and uni changes. NFL properties is heavily involved too. You morons blaming Nike for everything don't know what you are talking about...as usual.

If you used a better font, the ship or flag logo on BOTH sleeves (shaking my head on how stupid that is), and only used red socks, it's a pretty dang nice modern uniform. It's still a monumental downgrade from what they had before.

Archived