Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's funny when people say something already looks "dated". Well, wouldn't that "dated" look also apply to the Broncos, Falcons, Rams, and Cardinals?

Yes and their uniforms can be pinpointed to a very specific era of bad uniform design and that's not a good thing.

The Rams look could possibly age well if they'd just wear the correct pants (gold).

PvO6ZWJ.png

For as terrific as the new helmet is the unis are just horrible. Far too much of an ugly flat pewter, far better would've been pewter for the helmet and pants while sticking to red and orange with the unis. The number font is really bad and I like unique number fonts.

If you used a better font, the ship or flag logo on BOTH sleeves (shaking my head on how stupid that is), and only used red socks, it's a pretty dang nice modern uniform. It's still a monumental downgrade from what they had before.

Agreed. They were so close to creating a nice modern uniform. The devil is in the details though, so by having those weird cuts in the numbers and not having the ship on both sleeves it fails. I like them still as I feel they really aren't that wild at all, but I know for sure that they are still a few tweaks away.

I think it's funny when people say something already looks "dated". Well, wouldn't that "dated" look also apply to the Broncos, Falcons, Rams, and Cardinals?

Yes and their uniforms can be pinpointed to a very specific era of bad uniform design and that's not a good thing.

The Rams look could possibly age well if they'd just wear the correct pants (gold).

But my point is that they still exist. Quite a few people on here think the Jaguars, Dolphins, Seahawks, and now Bucs will change uniforms every 4 or so years when there is evidence with teams such as the Falcons and Cardinals that "dated" looks can last.

Why the triangle, pyramid, conehead?

temp43589_230875_AT_SP14_TBB_Uniform_DMa

prayer-ears.jpg

Now you are just not picking trying to find things wrong with it, there is no cone there. I'm really thinking people arent liking this uni because its new and not traditional, but unique. Outside of the numbers which arent awful this is a very solid look and wont looked "dated" for any time in the near future

But my point is that they still exist. Quite a few people on here think the Jaguars, Dolphins, Seahawks, and now Bucs will change uniforms every 4 or so years when there is evidence with teams such as the Falcons and Cardinals that "dated" looks can last.

They still exist only because it's easier and cheaper to stay the same than it is to change. Just because they're still wearing something doesn't make it a successful look. The Bills wore their garbage modern uniforms for almost a decade. I guarantee you the Falcons, and Cardinals change uniforms within the next ten years because they'll have no choice when the 2003/2005 stench gets too rotten. Just like the Bucs will have to change in 2025 when these look dated to the point of unbearable silliness.

The old pinstriped suit analogy works perfectly here. In the 70's disco leisure suits were very fashionable. Five years later they looked ridiculous and dated, ten years after that they were extinct. If you wear one you're most certainly going to a costume party as 70's guy. The guys who stuck with the sharp three piece suit never went out of style and it never became dated. Timeless > jumping on whatever the current trend.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They still exist only because it's easier and cheaper to stay the same than it is to change. Just because they're still wearing something doesn't make it a successful look. The Bills wore their garbage modern uniforms for almost a decade. I guarantee you the Falcons, and Cardinals change uniforms within the next ten years because they'll have no choice when the 2003/2005 stench gets too rotten. Just like the Bucs will have to change in 2025 when these look dated to the point of unbearable silliness.

The old pinstriped suit analogy works perfectly here. In the 70's disco leisure suits were very fashionable. Five years later they looked ridiculous and dated, ten years after that they were extinct. If you wear one you're most certainly going to a costume party as 70's guy. The guys who stuck with the sharp three piece suit never went out of style and it never became dated. Timeless > jumping on whatever the current trend.

I'll take the "under."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It actually looks dated already. It looks like an arena football team in 2007. (reminder: It's 2014 right now)

081215071338_force1215.jpg

That is a strikingly similar template and it looks way better on the Georgia Force.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For as terrific as the new helmet is the unis are just horrible. Far too much of an ugly flat pewter, far better would've been pewter for the helmet and pants while sticking to red and orange I. The unis. The number font is really bad and I like unique number fonts.

I would not say the helmet is terrific as it sucks just as much as the uniform. The color is not constant and the logo is too damn big.

spacer.png

I am just baffled. I cant believe someone got paid for that. Anyone on this board could of made these jerseys better with madden 12.

I could at least somewhat buy into it if they didnt use old electronic numbers. That has ZERO to do with pirates, this entire uni has nothing to do with.pirates.

Im disgusted. Nike. You are clueless.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

I teach high school. All of the kids think these things are "raw" and or "live". We're fighting a losing battle if we think good taste will ever make a come back.

Kids have bad taste as a rule of thumb.

Exactly. In the late 70's, most of the kids in my neighborhood thought these were among the best uniforms in baseball...

1978_09_23_DAVE_PARKER_LARGE.JPGcandelaria+81T_NEW.jpg

Wayne_Garland_Number17.jpgbaltimoreorioles.jpg

Kids aren't exactly the best fashion critics. Then again, kids are who teams are selling this stuff too. So until 16 year olds develop a sense of style - which is about as likely as the Browns winning the Super Bowl next year - Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, et al are what we're stuck with

Those Pirates and Orioles uniforms were the best.. beat the hell out of the light blue that was running rampant through MLB at that time.

The fact that baseball has returned to traditional good taste after the ugly stuff of the 70s and 80s is the only thing that gives me hope that the NFL will eventually do the same in a decade or so. However, MLB and the NFL are two very different leagues, with different uniform elements, and different fan bases, so that might be wishful thinking.

I remember growing up in the 70s and loving all that gaudy stuff and looking back at old baseball cards from the late 60s and early 70s and thinking how drab and boring those uniforms were. Forty years later, I now consider those late 60s and early 70s uniforms to be the best era of all time.

It actually looks dated already. It looks like an arena football team in 2007. (reminder: It's 2014 right now)

081215071338_force1215.jpg

That is a strikingly similar template and it looks way better on the Georgia Force.

Eh, not really similar.

EDIT: I mean, it shares general features, but the striping and details are pretty different. That's like saying the Steelers and Packers have strikingly similar pant striping.

This is just one of the fugly train wrecks that happens when you award the NFL uniform contract to Nike. Seriously Nike is ruining NFL uniforms one team at a time. The Buccaneers helmets aren't bad but the uniform is absolutely horrible. Especially the numbers. They look like the numbers on a digital alarm clock. This fugly uniform looks like the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons uniforms had a baby together. How in the hell can this mess make the Seattle Seahawks uniforms actually look good?

The old "Yuckaneers" Creamsicle orange uniform with "Bucco Bruce" on the helmets is widely perceived as one of the worst in NFL History. (For the record I'm in the minority who actually likes the old Creamsicle unis) The Buccaneers did the impossible. They actually made the creamsicles look good to Alot of people. They would definitely be an improvement over this mess.

If I were the Bucs, I would've started with the old Creamsicle unis as a template and made an updated version of it the same way the Miami Dolphins did last year. Has a fan on this site done this with the Bucs unis yet?

Archived