Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

The only...and I mean ONLY change that would be acceptable is a revised version of the shoulder patch/pirate ship. Everything else about the Buccaneer look is not only perfect, it's the best in the NFL.

Especially, the helmet.

And that's what they want to change.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nahh the Bucs have a very average look. Like I have said many times, the all white uniform is probably the ugliest uniform in the NFL. The white pants are atrocious. The helmets need to be a changed up, the pewter looks like a Falcons type of helmet and I would add more orange.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only...and I mean ONLY change that would be acceptable is a revised version of the shoulder patch/pirate ship. Everything else about the Buccaneer look is not only perfect, it's the best in the NFL.

Especially, the helmet.

And that's what they want to change.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nahh the Bucs have a very average look. Like I have said many times, the all white uniform is probably the ugliest uniform in the NFL. The white pants are atrocious. The helmets need to be a changed up, the pewter looks like a Falcons type of helmet and I would add more orange.

By "average" you mean best look in the league. The helmet is also the best in the league, in what world does pewter even resemble the Falcons type of helmet.

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire". IMO, that is the change. I don't know what that means exactly. Could it mean the helmet stripe is going to be some sort of flame? Could the chrome be tied in by using a chrome helmet stripe looking like fire somehow? Or will it be a chrome into pewter kind of gradient (aka Jags)? Who knows. There are lots of subtle ways to make all this work without a radical re-design. Maybe they are dropping black in favor of chrome? Wouldn't that be CFCS instead of BFBS? Will that even work?

As much as I liked old Bucco, I think he's gone for good now. No stinking way it's a white helmet just for throwbacks.....now, one "weird" option might be some kind of chrome-flavored helmet where the current logo works and the Bucco somehow works. What if the helmet is going all-black with the current logo so they can use Bucco on throwback days? That just might work with a chrome facemask.

One other possibility - fire-style trim on the jerseys (red/orange flames on the ends of the sleeves?).

So I think it's too early to throw out the baby with the bay water...let's wait and see and be surprised...

One thing is for sure....they need to make sure the new whatever it is is better looking than the new Bandits redux of the A11FL.

Wait? Just thought of something....might the new logo be a pirate-inspired Bucco Bruce on a pewter/chrome helmet??? :therock:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The pewter are worlds better than their white pants. Helmets should match either the pants or the home jersey.

Welcoming a new era with new uniforms is common for teams.

Not so much. Welcoming a new stadium is common, but considering that it takes two years to create a new uniform, it's the far-sighted owner who can tie its introduction to the hiring of a new coach or a particularly notable draft pick.

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire". IMO, that is the change. I don't know what that means exactly. Could it mean the helmet stripe is going to be some sort of flame? Could the chrome be tied in by using a chrome helmet stripe looking like fire somehow? Or will it be a chrome into pewter kind of gradient (aka Jags)? Who knows. There are lots of subtle ways to make all this work without a radical re-design. Maybe they are dropping black in favor of chrome? Wouldn't that be CFCS instead of BFBS? Will that even work?

As much as I liked old Bucco, I think he's gone for good now. No stinking way it's a white helmet just for throwbacks.....now, one "weird" option might be some kind of chrome-flavored helmet where the current logo works and the Bucco somehow works. What if the helmet is going all-black with the current logo so they can use Bucco on throwback days? That just might work with a chrome facemask.

One other possibility - fire-style trim on the jerseys (red/orange flames on the ends of the sleeves?).

So I think it's too early to throw out the baby with the bay water...let's wait and see and be surprised...

One thing is for sure....they need to make sure the new whatever it is is better looking than the new Bandits redux of the A11FL.

Wait? Just thought of something....might the new logo be a pirate-inspired Bucco Bruce on a pewter/chrome helmet??? :therock:

Uhh...i could be wrong here, but i think he just meant like the helmet is fire. As in a "hot/cool/sick/awesome" design.

Also, i really like the white pants. I like the whole set.

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire".

Fire is an expression for something that is awesome. Like cool. "Man those uniforms are sick" "yeah man they are pure fire!"

I'm hip

Ok - now that I've read all all 8+ pages, I think we are missing the BIGGEST obvious clue in Sapp's Tweet --- the "#Fire".

Fire is an expression for something that is awesome. Like cool. "Man those uniforms are sick" "yeah man they are pure fire!"

I'm hip

I'm 14 and have never heard somebody say " yeah man they are pure fire!".

I'm hip

I'm 14 and have never heard somebody say " yeah man they are pure fire!".

cool

I'm hip

Actually, I'm with edge here. I think we may see a substantial amount of orange and red.

Also fwiw, Florio is the guy reporting that there will be no substantial changes to the uniform. He also reported back in December that Schiano had shown enough to get one final year in Tampa Bay.

The NFL didn't announce the one helmet requirement until October. Even if everything else is staying the same, the Bucs had to have been planning this new helmet for over a year. If the helmet happens to be white, it will be purely coincidental. There's no way they made the decision and will have the helmet changed within a span of four months.

Then there's that. Excellent point, Roman. So, no, they aren't switching to a white helmet because of the throwbacks.

I'm hip

Actually, I'm with edge here. I think we may see a substantial amount of orange and red.

Also fwiw, Florio is the guy reporting that there will be no substantial changes to the uniform. He also reported back in December that Schiano had shown enough to get one final year in Tampa Bay.

Perhaps fire means a much brighter shade of red? Perhaps we are also over analyzing this too...

I'm hip

Perhaps fire means a much brighter shade of red? Perhaps we are also over analyzing this too...

Here's a Fire Helmet New-Arizona-State-Helmets-Flames-2.jpg

I'm hip

And it's beautiful.

I'm hip

No, that's a bowling ball. This is a fire helmet.

92BirminghamFireHelmetrs.jpg.w300h260.jp

Archived