[Soccer Concept] Here comes the minor teams - SC North Little Rock, Bentonville SC (Arkansas) & Sydney Steelers (Nova Scotia)

Fullarmor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a high pourcentage of Italian-Americans in Cranston, that explains the Italian flag.
Also, "Calcio" means "Football" (in the european way), and "Squadra di Calcio" stands for "Football Club".
Calcio is a common "nickname" in Italy.

1393517035-27.png

I took my inspiration in the little flags of the Gulport city's logo.
The star is there to represent the state of Mississippi.

1393517036-34.png

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

Cranston is nice, but I would have expected the Italian oval shaped crest for an Italian inspired team.

Gulfport looks nice too. Again, not too big on the names, but the overall idea is good. I'm just glad its completely different from my concept - it was Gulf Coast United for mine because I wanted to include Biloxi, Gulport and Pascagoula together as none of them seems large enough to support a team unless all were involved... Yea, this Canadian needs to stop thinking so much about American things lol.

If you were on my computer, you'd be able to see lol. But it was one of my first concept and I didn't like it enough to even put it in my signature :( if you go to my flickr thing through one of my Elite Ice Hockey league concepts, you may be able to see some of my older concepts :P

Sorry, I'm on my phone.

Oh yeah, I've just seen your soccer concepts, they're some really good ones!

I do prefer your Overland Park's logo.

haha really? I only liked the clock tower part, the rest was amateur stuff, but thanks anyway :)

EPW has a very unique shape, I like it.

Nice to see an Italian Oval for Southaven, however, I would tone down the detail of the state inside of it.

Was Newcastle inspired by Napoli by any chance?

As you can see, Newcastle Soccer's logo's very close from Newcastle city's seal.
It's rather a coincidence that it ressemble to Napoli's crest. But yes, I also had this impression while creating it.

Also, I just finish West Rouge. I had forgotten what you said at the beginning with the teal, so I recreated the logo with the right colors.. I'll probably incorpored it tomorrow in the series.

1393708470-west-rouge-storm-sc.png1393708470-west-rouge-storm-sc-2.png

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

As I said in the intro, I want to develop minor teams in cities/districts, which are also minors. And we can't really say that New Orleans is minor, I've already seen a lot of these concepts on this site. But what about a district, or something like that, part of NO like Gert Town, Audubon or Holly Grove? (I really don't know, these are just the names I see at the moment on Google map)

None of those would work for New Orleans, in my opinion. Holly Grove is a high crime area. Audubon really isn't a neighborhood, it's the name of a park and the adjacent zoo. I hear the term Gert Town once every 7 or 8 years. If you want neighborhoods for New Orleans I suggest one of the following:

- Lakeview

- Gentilly

- The Bywater

- Mid-City or Central City

gYH2mW9.png

Archived