Sign in to follow this  
JTswag187

Oklahoma NFL concept

http://www.okiraqi.org/nfl-in-okc.html

if you didn't know this website is having a design contest for a team in OKC, so I made an entry. Before I enter I would like some feedback on it

12623823933_f0fa1098bd_o.png

The colors I chose are maroon, brown, and gold. The reason for the gold gradient is to symbolize the Dust Storms they had in Oklahoma.

Also if you have any concepts for this design concept feel free to post them here.

Not really a fan at all, that gradient is brutal, and the logo isn't the greatest either, but it has potential.

Kill gradient, and make the O the wheel.

I *get* the reason behind your gradient, but it would look terrible on the field, IMO.

Maybe put a gradient in the logo or wordmark somehow, but keep the uniform fairly "clean?"

Oklahoma Braves, Barons, or Oklahoma Force(Trail of Tears)

Agreed with everything said above, the gradient is too much.

I agree that you should get rid of the gradient, and make some no-frills stripes with the dust color. However, I really love the wagon wheel idea, and the rest of the colors a great. Very OK-y and creative. Try different numbers and name, and this is good.

OK I've taken your suggestions, let me know what you think. I might change the name but for now it'll remain:

12642106965_5b6f34a5b1_o.png

Also if you have any concepts for this design concept feel free to post them here.

Hope I'm not misunderstanding you here, as I have no intention of hijacking your thread.

I just thought this up five minutes ago, so don't be too rough on it. If some one else wants to take the ideas behind this "concept" and develop them, feel free. All my extracurricular designing is going towards my Broncos overhaul at the moment.

1bOEMd3.jpg

Logo is a triangular funnel cloud. The helmet is meant to depict three of these funnel clouds (one on each side of the helmet and one on the back) coming off the large cloud design on the top of the helmet.

The shoulders mimic this design The logos are on the sleeves of the uniform looking like tornadoes coming out of the clouds of the shoulder yoke.

If anyone thinks they can make something of the basic ideas from this, she's all yours. I'd love to see what it could become.

I'd try a different font with the wordmark. Something similar to what you have now, but different. The L in "OKLAHOMA" looks like a backwards J.

Oklahoma Braves, Barons, or Oklahoma Force(Trail of Tears)

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want to highlight the Trail of Tears.

The Oklahoma relocation! (trail of tears)

The colors are nice but the gradient is to strong. I would tone down the gradient and use more solids. Also, I think twisters would be a good nickname.

It needs TV numbers. I'm pretty sure that they're required by rule in the NFL, but even if I'm wrong about that, every team in the league has them.