Choosing MLB MVPs and Cy Youngs and Other Awards

mgdmhl

MLB MVP and Cy Young Awards  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like how MLB/Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA) chooses their MVPs, Cy Youngs, Golden Gloves, etc. and having winners in both the AL and NL. I think that MLB/BBWAA should choose only 1 winner for the MVP, 1 winner for the Cy Young, and 1 winner for each position for the Golden Golves for the entire Major League. I'm fine with each league having their own players of the week or month because no one really cares about those. But I think that it's more of an accomplishment if you win the MVP of the entire Major League(30 teams) than winning the AL or NL MVP(15 teams). I known baseball is all about tradition and unwillingness to change but now baseball is expanding instant replay, possibly banning home plate collisions, etc. so why not just add this to the list to change.

So how do you think MLB/BBWAA should choose the award winners?

JeKhnr9.png

I think we should stop posting polls in sports in general.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Keep it the way it is. Remember, the AL and NL are still two separate sports leagues. Therefore, they should be able to both make their own decisions and hand out their own separate awards. If they ever fully officially merge with each other only then should there be one MVP, one Cy Young, etc.

Keep it the way it is. Remember, the AL and NL are still two separate sports leagues. Therefore, they should be able to both make their own decisions and hand out their own separate awards. If they ever fully officially merge with each other only then should there be one MVP, one Cy Young, etc.

The only thing that makes them separate is the DH. Otherwise, the distinction ended decades ago when the leagues combined under a centralized office and the individual league presidencies were dissolved. They're just "conferences" in a single league now.

I think MVP could be centralized, but the game is different for pitchers, so there needs to be two Cy Youngs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived