2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I know it's not a big deal, but it still makes no sense to me. Opening Day is the best day on the sports calendar, and every year some teams have to sit out. And there's no good reason for it!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some BS calls made by the umps during tonight's Giants game in Arizona, especially during the bottom of the 4th inning. First was a pickoff called safe by the umps which, seeing by the replays, should've been called out. It was called safe even after manager Bruce Bochy challenges the call. Later that half inning, a home plate tag by Matt Cain was again called safe when he very obviously tagged AJ Pollock (the same Dback involved in that pickoff call) before he reached home plate. As a result, the Dbacks got their 5th and winning run of tonight.

I went on to MLB.com and saw the Dodgers beat the Padres tonight. I didn't know the Dodgers were still part of Major League Baseball. Oh that's right, I live in LA and can't see them play because the stupid morons who own the team, decided it was a brilliant idea to put them on their own network without even wondering if other cable companies, etc. would pick it up, let alone pay for it. Here's hoping this network fails and all these solo team networks fail!

That the Lakers have their own channel and the Dodgers have their own channel and both are called "Time Warner Cable SportsNet" might just be the height of sports media crapulence.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That the Lakers have their own channel and the Dodgers have their own channel and both are called "Time Warner Cable SportsNet" might just be the height of sports media crapulence.

Hey, the Dodgers' one is called SportsNet LA. Big difference there.

Oh well, they're still both monopolies, aren't they?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Cool website alert

http://hardballpassport.com/

Track the games you've been to. I'm on there as Cincinnati Sean. I went through and clicked as many games as I could remember going to. I went to ~33 games in the last two years.

My first MLB game was a Reds game, but I don't remember it and my dad's been no help in tracking it down.The first one I remember was this game in Cleveland when I was 6 years old that my grandfather took me to.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE199407220.shtml

All I remember was there was a ton of homeruns and Jacobs Field's scoreboard played funny videos for each player. But look at those lineups. That was an awesome game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh well, they're still both monopolies, aren't they?

Just wait until the Kings want their own similar TV contract and have the new network be named, "TWC SportsNet LAK."

Wilson Ramos out for a month. :( Opening Day for the Nats was good though, one strike from losing the game but they came back to win despite the offense taking a break in the middle of the game (15 straight at-bats without a baserunner). It was nice to see Aaron Barrett get the side out with two strikeouts in his debut inning, and even getting the win (despite how silly the win stat is for pitchers...)

Not bringing too much weight into his Mets series. Two of the next three series will be against the Braves, though those games will still be a poor of how the season will go to the Braves having a few injuries. Still a great oppurtunity to get ahead in the NL East race early.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

Is it consensus that replay review is pretty cool?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Apparently I'm the only person in the city of Los Angeles who gets this TimeWarnerNetSportsLANet, and of course I don't watch it because I don't like the Dodgers.

You would make so much money if you decided to bootleg streams of Dodger games over the internet and charge people for access.

Then again, the team is cracking down harshly with an iron fist on the tiny amount of bootleg websites popping-up, devoted on streaming such games. What a totalitarian TV contract the Dodgers signed up for.

Mariners sweep Angels, outscoring them 26-8. First 3 game sweep in Anaheim since '06 and only the third 3-0 start in franchise history, after '85 & '95.

Sweeping the Angels is like beating the Lakers... and? If the Mariners can sweep Boston or play above .500 then it's a good year, but beating the Angels is not saying much.

Archived