2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American League StandingsByG0oIbCYAA80SU.jpg

We get it. The Mariners are on the outside looking in because they refuse to crave your trident fetish.

Even though their best season was in 2001, where they won over 100 games (116 to be exact) while wearing their current uniforms. Said uniforms are also known as being the ones Ichiro wore his entire stay with Seattle, which was one of the best eras in Seattle's baseball history.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

So let me get this straight: the suspended Indians-Royals game was made up in Cleveland, yet, the Royals were the home team. OK, then. I know the travel obviousness in the makeup, but it sure looked mightily awkward seeing the designated home team (Kansas City) wear the road grays at bat.

American League StandingsByG0oIbCYAA80SU.jpg

We get it. The Mariners are on the outside looking in because they refuse to crave your trident fetish.
Even though their best season was in 2001, where they won over 100 games (116 to be exact) while wearing their current uniforms. Said uniforms are also known as being the ones Ichiro wore his entire stay with Seattle, which was one of the best eras in Seattle's baseball history.

Don't forget the magical season of 1995. They wore those uniforms also. That season alone saved baseball in the emerald city.

So let me get this straight: the suspended Indians-Royals game was made up in Cleveland, yet, the Royals were the home team. OK, then. I know the travel obviousness in the makeup, but it sure looked mightily awkward seeing the designated home team (Kansas City) wear the road grays at bat.

I was thinking about this also. I mean of course it makes more sense to finish it up in Cleveland, but couldn't KC have said that they were disadvantaged being on the road when the original game was in KC?

sig.png

Meh, there was really nothing they could do. The suspended game was the last time Cleveland was in Kansas City this season and it wouldn't make sense to have them fly back in for a half-inning. Resuming a game in another city has happened a handful of times before:

http://www.retrosheet.org/suspend.htm

It's actually in the rulebook as well:

A suspended game shall be resumed and completed as follows:

(1) Immediately preceding the next scheduled single game between the two clubs on the same grounds; or

(2) Immediately preceding the next scheduled doubleheader between the two clubs on the same grounds, if no single game remains on the schedule; or

(3) If suspended on the last scheduled date between the two clubs in that city, transferred and played on the grounds of the opposing club, if possible;

(i) Immediately preceding the next scheduled single game, or

(ii) Immediately preceding the next scheduled doubleheader, if no single game remains on the schedule.

My FB status: Oh come on Milwaukee Brewers! You finally get a starting rotation good enough to get you the best record in the National League in early August only to lose your ability to hit anything, and practically try to lose every game from late August through all of September. Now you're almost below .500 and mathematically out of the playoffs! Can't you get it together for one freakin' season! If it's not one thing, it's another!

...yes 2011 was a wonderful season, but aside from that anomaly, it blows my mind how the Brewers are more or less the same team every year. In fact, they're the mirror image of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals, no matter what find a way to fight back to win. They could be down 4-1 in the 9th inning, with two outs, and they'll find a way to win that game. The Brewers could be up 4-1 in the 9th, and they'll find a way to piss it away. The same goes for actual seasons. The Cardinals can have a sub-par or average season, but they'll find a way to turn it on late to get that playoff birth and/or a deep playoff run. Milwaukee, on the other hand, can get out to a comfortable lead on the division, but they'll find a way to let it slip through their fingers. It's amazing, and frustrating all at once. *sigh*....c'est la vie.

http://disciplesofuecker.com/game-of-the-year-brewers-vs-cardinals-71114/21427

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived