2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I can do without all the Jeter grovelling that's been going on this season.

That said, if I'm a GM or manager in a one-game, life-or-death situation and I'm able to pick any 9 players in their prime to fill out my lineup....Derek Jeter's in my lineup.

Why, so you could get smoked by a team who picked Honus Wagner or Alex Rodriguez or Cal Ripken or Robin Yount or Ozzie Smith to play short?

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it very interesting that there are 4 possibilities for World Series matchups with teams in close proximity to each other.

Which one is most likely to occur?

Nats-O's

Royals-Cards

Dodgers-Angels

Giants-A's

I find it very interesting that there are 4 possibilities for World Series matchups with teams in close proximity to each other.

Nats-O's

Royals-Cards

Dodgers-Angels

Giants-A's

The Tigers and Pirates are also kind of close . . . but I don't think they qualify because there is no natural storyline (I-70/Freeway/BART/Parkway).

Along those lines, I have seen the possible Orioles-Nats series being referred to as "MARC Madness."

300px-MARC_11_(7352894234).jpg

P00%20-%20MARC%20Train%20Service%20Map.j

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Nats-O's

Royals-Cards

Dodgers-Angels

Giants-A's

The Tigers and Pirates are also kind of close . . . but I don't think they qualify because there is no natural storyline (I-70/Freeway/BART/Parkway).

Along those lines, I have seen the possible Orioles-Nats series being referred to as "MARC Madness."

300px-MARC_11_(7352894234).jpg

P00%20-%20MARC%20Train%20Service%20Map.j

Tigers- Pirates would be awesome. I went to Pittsburgh this summer and I kind of fell in love with the city and team, as my team B/ NL favorite of course. Go Tigers!

sig.png

I may be a little biased but dodgers-angles seems most likey only because they seem to be hotest right now. The least likely in my eyes is Giants-A's, the giants seem to have no starting and the As no offense.

I'm inclined to agree. Both the Giants and A's are backing into the WC play in game and will be lucky to even make it to their respective Division Series. The Dodgers and Angels meanwhile are both on fire. An all LA World Series is definitely a possibility (and probably what ESPN is pulling for as at least that gives them something to sell in the absense of their two favorite teams).

Come on Oakland... choke your asses off! It's the only way Seattle can get in now since the M's decided that the final road trip of the season would coincide with them crapping out... again.

Even if they miss out on the playoffs, a winning season would be a nice consolation prize for them.

I may be a little biased but dodgers-angles seems most likey only because they seem to be hotest right now. The least likely in my eyes is Giants-A's, the giants seem to have no starting and the As no offense.

I'm inclined to agree. Both the Giants and A's are backing into the WC play in game and will be lucky to even make it to their respective Division Series. The Dodgers and Angels meanwhile are both on fire. An all LA World Series is definitely a possibility (and probably what ESPN is pulling for as at least that gives them something to sell in the absense of their two favorite teams).

ESPN doesn't carry the World Series. It would be what FOX would want ;) But I get what your saying. I agree Dodgers-Angels seem to be the most likely to happen, but once the playoffs start you never know.

As a Cards fan I can't help but think a Cardinals-Angels World Series would have some good story lines as well. Whoever makes it to the fall classic this year it should be an interesting and hard fought postseason for every team.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

As much as I'm a Tigers fan, there isn't a team I hate in the playoffs for the first time in a long time (Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, White Sox, Indians).

As much of a rival as KC is, I respect them as a small-market, home grown team. I've always sort of liked the O's and Pirates as I said above. I don't hate the A's, or the Angels, or the Dodgers, or the Nationals. I don't care much for the Giants but they don't seem to be much of a threat right now anyways. If the Tigers bow out early, I'd love to see O's, Pirates or even....the Royals take it.

sig.png

As much as I'm a Tigers fan, there isn't a team I hate in the playoffs for the first time in a long time (Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, White Sox, Indians).

As much of a rival as KC is, I respect them as a small-market, home grown team. I've always sort of liked the O's and Pirates as I said above. I don't hate the A's, or the Angels, or the Dodgers, or the Nationals. I don't care much for the Giants but they don't seem to be much of a threat right now anyways. If the Tigers bow out early, I'd love to see O's, Pirates or even....the Royals take it.

Why the hell would anybody hate the Rangers, other than "they're dumb football fans and they don't care about baseball until October" stuff?

I mostly agree with you. I hate the Tigers, though, and would like to see the Tigers lose early, in a comical fashion. I've always liked the Cardinals, but I couldn't care less at this point if they win again or not. I don't hate the Giants, but they're a common face in the playoffs a this point. I'd love to see the Pirates win, as one of my good friends is a life-long Pirates fan. The O's would be a nice, fresh story, as would the Royals. An Angels-Dodgers series would be wild (but I get the sense we're all going to end up hating the Dodgers in a few years if they every pull their heads out of their asses an win a few titles).

Anyway, lots of excitement and good stories this year. If anyone other than the Tigers, Giants or Cardinals ends up winning the World Series, I will be happy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Jeter's retirement tour has officially reached peak levels of absurdity:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/derek-jeter-new-york-yankees-last-game-re2pect

I :censored: you not, that is an actual headline that exists.

There's no way that's real. That may have been the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived