2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

crownking, can I ask you straight up this question:

What team are you actually rooting for???? You seem to just have a fetish for non-exciting matchups and teams that have a history of winning.

Also, I hope that this fetish is just baseball related......

I'm rooting for the Cardinals or Tigers to win, but I won't mind the Nationals, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, or Orioles winning. Anything can happen in baseball but for win-now teams, It's not enough for the fanbase.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeter said : Due to respect to the red sox fans, i will not play SS but play DH in boston.........what does he mean by that ?

"Out of respect for the Red Sox, their fans and the rivalry, I'm going to DH"

why would he not play SS in the games at Fenway ?

As much as I'm a Tigers fan, there isn't a team I hate in the playoffs for the first time in a long time (Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, White Sox, Indians).

As much of a rival as KC is, I respect them as a small-market, home grown team. I've always sort of liked the O's and Pirates as I said above. I don't hate the A's, or the Angels, or the Dodgers, or the Nationals. I don't care much for the Giants but they don't seem to be much of a threat right now anyways. If the Tigers bow out early, I'd love to see O's, Pirates or even....the Royals take it.

Why the hell would anybody hate the Rangers, other than "they're dumb football fans and they don't care about baseball until October" stuff?

I hate they Rangers because they didn't win in 2011.

There's no reason they should've lost that World Series and they did. They had the Cardinals down two runs and down to their last strike twice. TWICE. That happened in back-to-back innings. Forget Game 6 in 1986. Game 6 2011 is the biggest choke job in World Series history.

Friggin Nelson Cruz.

Thank you, it still drives me nuts that captain PED couldn't manage to actually jump for the ball or at least knock it down.....to WIN the WORLD SERIES!

As much as I'm a Tigers fan, there isn't a team I hate in the playoffs for the first time in a long time (Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, White Sox, Indians).

As much of a rival as KC is, I respect them as a small-market, home grown team. I've always sort of liked the O's and Pirates as I said above. I don't hate the A's, or the Angels, or the Dodgers, or the Nationals. I don't care much for the Giants but they don't seem to be much of a threat right now anyways. If the Tigers bow out early, I'd love to see O's, Pirates or even....the Royals take it.

Why the hell would anybody hate the Rangers, other than "they're dumb football fans and they don't care about baseball until October" stuff?

I mostly agree with you. I hate the Tigers, though, and would like to see the Tigers lose early, in a comical fashion. I've always liked the Cardinals, but I couldn't care less at this point if they win again or not. I don't hate the Giants, but they're a common face in the playoffs a this point. I'd love to see the Pirates win, as one of my good friends is a life-long Pirates fan. The O's would be a nice, fresh story, as would the Royals. An Angels-Dodgers series would be wild (but I get the sense we're all going to end up hating the Dodgers in a few years if they every pull their heads out of their asses an win a few titles).

Anyway, lots of excitement and good stories this year. If anyone other than the Tigers, Giants or Cardinals ends up winning the World Series, I will be happy.

Well, I hate that overrated prick named Chris Sale. But to each their own.

Overrated? WTF are you talking about? He's one of the best pitchers in the game...period. He's probably one of the most UNderrated players in the game too. Take off your kitty cat goggles and wake up.

crownking, can I ask you straight up this question:

What team are you actually rooting for???? You seem to just have a fetish for non-exciting matchups and teams that have a history of winning.

Also, I hope that this fetish is just baseball related......

I'm rooting for the Cardinals or Tigers to win, but I won't mind the Nationals, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, or Orioles winning. Anything can happen in baseball but for win-now teams, It's not enough for the fanbase.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Sad to see no love for Pittsburgh, but alas.

P.S. I thought you were a Royals fan, so seeing you root for the Tigers is odd.......

Are Miami going to keep Stanton in the long run ? gonna pay him what he is worth ?

If Jeffrey Loria is the owner of the Marlins, you can count on Stanton being traded in the future for some “prospects".

Damn, i wish they would pay the man, def a fan favorite

Archived