2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Doug Fister tosses a 3 hit, 9K, complete game shutout to help the Nationals clinch the best record in the National League for the second time in three years.

He also pitched enough innings to qualify for the ERA leaderboard and now stands 4th in the league.

I'll never forget the Fister-Furbush trade. I'll also never forget the Fister-Furbush video I saw, which as it turns out, wasn't baseball related.

Oh Damn ! Who won the fight ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but it´s a shame A-rod can´t play in this Jeter´s last season, he should be on the field in all these farewell games, and had he been in the line-up maybe they had made the playoffs.....he is no worse then Nelson Cruz and the rest.

Doug Fister tosses a 3 hit, 9K, complete game shutout to help the Nationals clinch the best record in the National League for the second time in three years.

He also pitched enough innings to qualify for the ERA leaderboard and now stands 4th in the league.

I'll never forget the Fister-Furbush trade. I'll also never forget the Fister-Furbush video I saw, which as it turns out, wasn't baseball related.

Lol.

sig.png

Not the reaction I would've expected from you, Sean, considering the teams involved, but...ok. B)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's not hard to lose a baseball game when your bullpen in said game consists of a guy who was cut from the Sioux Falls Canaries earlier this season, John flipping Axford, and Bobby "The Raspberries" LaFromboise.

Can you tell I don't want the Cardinals to win the division? :rolleyes:

25yzwqg.png

I don't know if this really belongs here, but I'm in Washington on business, for the first time in about a decade, and there are people in Nats stuff :censored: img everywhere.

It's really great to see. I have seen some Redskins signs in store windows, but not a single person wearing a burgundy-and-gold anything. Meanwhile those hideous walgreens hats are absolutely everywhere I go.

So instead of showing a game with postseason implications, TBS will show a meaningless Yankees-Red Sox game. And Captain Gift Basket might not even play.

If the Mariners win tonight, I'd love to watch their game or the Oakland game tomorrow. Even if they don't, give us the Pirates or Cardinals or Royals or Tigers. Jeter is such a turd.

So instead of showing a game with postseason implications, TBS will show a meaningless Yankees-Red Sox game. And Captain Gift Basket might not even play.

If the Mariners win tonight, I'd love to watch their game or the Oakland game tomorrow. Even if they don't, give us the Pirates or Cardinals or Royals or Tigers. Jeter is such a turd.

I would as well, but you know... Jeter's final game and whatnot.

But, if Seattle wins out and Oakland loses tomorrow, the one game playoff would be in Seattle. I'd think that TBS would cover that game should it happen.

I think the Santa Clara San Francisco 49ers has set a new precedent on name locations for a sports team. Not only is that several counties over, but a completely different metropolitan area according the census. So, LA Angels in Tustin wouldn't be the most egregious case.

The 49ers are still in the :censored:ing Bay Area. Who cares. If people are really bothered by it they need to chill out and get a life.

Hard to believe, but the Mariners are still alive. Need the Rangers to beat Oakland tomorrow and hopefully the Angels lay down for the M's.

Hard to believe that entering the last day of the regular season, the only postseason slots finalized are by both SoCal and Beltway teams (Anaheim/Baltimore and Washington/Los Angeles occupying the #1/#2 seeds of their respective leagues). Everything else is a big, whole jumbaliah of crapshoot.

Hard to believe, but the Mariners are still alive. Need the Rangers to beat Oakland tomorrow and hopefully the Angels lay down for the M's.

Hard to believe that entering the last day of the regular season, the only postseason slots finalized are by both SoCal and Beltway teams (Anaheim/Baltimore and Washington/Los Angeles occupying the #1/#2 seeds of their respective leagues). Everything else is a big, whole jumbaliah of crapshoot.

San Francisco is locked into the second NL wild card.

IeHVybT.png

Archived