2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Beckett with a no-hitter. In this offensive depressed era, they don't seem to be as impressive as they once were.

It's still impressive no matter what era we are in. Just stop talking about baseball. All you want to do is bring the sport down. It's still the great game and will always have ups and downs. And if you don't like what's happening to the sport, there is one easy solution. Don't watch. There you go. Because the Josh Beckett no-hitter is a great achievement no matter how much you want to say it's not as impressive as it used to be. I will always watch a Perfect Game or a No-Hitter in awe.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beckett with a no-hitter. In this offensive depressed era, they don't seem to be as impressive as they once were.

Let me guess, it'd be more impressive if he did it in a pullover and Sansabelt pants? :rolleyes:

Just ignore him (that is what I did). Time for to bring out the brooms because the Rays sweep the Red Sox! B)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Let me guess, it'd be more impressive if he did it in a pullover and Sansabelt pants? :rolleyes:

Just ignore him (that is what I did). Time for to bring out the brooms because the Rays sweep the Red Sox! B)

Hell yeah, next stop Toronto.

It's great for them to finally play consistent winning baseball right now. When all injuries are gone, this team will start playing like fans expect them to do the last couple of years.. All I want for them is to win the Toronto series because it can go a long way for them to be competitive in the AL East.

Be careful what you wish for ;)
1zqy8ok.gif

Be careful what you wish for ;)

We'll see about that. :P At least it's good to see Boston lose 10 straight games.

Baseball fans, need some input:

Does anyone know the context of this? It's one of my favorite gifs ever and it's from the 2012 playoffs if that's any help.

ryan-theriot.gif

Also check out this badass stolen base:

conger.gif

The Giants one was from this game:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN201208080.shtml

(It wasn't a postseason game since it was on CSN and not FOX or TBS or MLBN).

On the first play of the bottom of the 5th, Yadier Molina hit a little blooper to shallow right and 2B Ryan Theriot ran a long way to make a nice catch. That was his reaction after walking back to his position.

The catch is at 5:03 of this video (I don't think you need to be an MLB.tv subscriber to see it):

http://m.mlb.com/video/v23753433/8812-condensed-game-sfstl

The 2013 main thread was accidentally nuked, but lets just say that the Red Sox struggles of this season give me all the ammo I need to defend the manifesto(s) I wrote about that team in that thread.

Now, 2014 is not indicative of their talent level either, but, yeah, how that team won the World Series last year is something I will never understand. I guess, sometimes, you can punch above your weight for 178 games.

spacer.png

And the Angels have quietly pulled within a game and a half of Oakland for the AL West.

Of course Anaheim has "quietly" made their move.

1) It's only May.

2) They're overtaking a non-threat in the A's.

2) They don't play in the AL East.

6uXNWAo.png

And the Angels have quietly pulled within a game and a half of Oakland for the AL West.

Of course Anaheim has "quietly" made their move.

1) It's only May.

2) They're overtaking a non-threat in the A's.

2) They don't play in the AL East.

How is a team that's won the division the last two years a "non-threat"?

PvO6ZWJ.png

no team in major league history has ever had two pitchers throw back to back no hitters. The Reds fan in me hates this, but the baseball fan in me wants to see it happen.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only way that some people in LA can watch the Dodgers on TV is to hope for a no-hitter and MLB Network live look-ins.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived