2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the only two losses by the jays in the past half month have been to Kansas City. That's kinda funny.

And if you go back a month only the Angels and Royals have beaten the Jays, 5 losses total.

I've always set the goal for the Jays to be at least within 5 games of the division lead at the All Star Break, good chance they'll be leading at the break this year. Still tons of time left, but this year you gotta believe.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This season Toronto's having is really exciting. Everything's clicking, even the crazy Tolleson-Lawrie-Goins-whoever 2nd base platoon. Encarnacion is a beast, Francisco is crushing the ball, Navarro is waaaay better than JP Arencebia, and the pitching has been fantastic.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm feeling the hype. I have a great feeling will win at least a Wild Card spot if we keep this up. I know something is going to click for another team, but I don't know what team that will be.

Anyways, GO BLUE JAYS!

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

This would be the perfect year for the Jays to take the division. New York is old. Boston is looking like last year was just a mirage or perhaps a last hurrah with the current team. The Orioles, though I love them to death, are wildly inconsistent and will not hold up all year. Last and certainly least, the Rays have fallen on hard times and may stay in the basement for the rest of the season.

I know it's still waaay early (hello, 2009), but considering I've never been able to watch my team in the playoffs, I'll get excited whether it's rational or not.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Never give up on Tampa. They'll crawl back up and maybe pick up a wildcard.

They're on the verge of falling 15 games under .500. It takes 90 wins to realistically nab a wild card position; that would be a 67-34 record the rest of the way to do that.

I guess the LA Dodgers did some maniacal stuff last year when they turned a 30-42 record into a 92-70 finish (62-28), but that cannot realistically happen season-to-season. Tampa is cooked.

spacer.png

Never give up on Tampa. They'll crawl back up and maybe pick up a wildcard.

They're on the verge of falling 15 games under .500. It takes 90 wins to realistically nab a wild card position; that would be a 67-34 record the rest of the way to do that.

I guess the LA Dodgers did some maniacal stuff last year when they turned a 30-42 record into a 92-70 finish (62-28), but that cannot realistically happen season-to-season. Tampa is cooked.

yeah i cant see Tampa doing it, they don't have the talent the dodgers do and even this year it seams much more unlikely because the giants seem to be unstoppable, but its baseball so you'll never know.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

http://myfox8.com/2014/06/04/don-zimmer-dead-at-83/ - Don Zimmer has passed away. Such a legend. May he RIP.

Most people know him for this moment

xtr41-zimmer-27.jpg

But Zimmer's been around baseball (player and coach) since 1954, he's worked for the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Rays, Cubs, won 6 rings (as player and coach), nicknamed Popeye, and he's a native of Cincinnati

This season Toronto's having is really exciting. Everything's clicking, even the crazy Tolleson-Lawrie-Goins-whoever 2nd base platoon. Encarnacion is a beast, Francisco is crushing the ball, Navarro is waaaay better than JP Arencebia, and the pitching has been fantastic.

The one concern I'd have if I were a Jays fan is that the bullpen is kind of shaky. If Anthopoulos is smart, he'll try to address that at the deadline. Other than that, they look like the best team in the AL right now. Tough to argue with sweeps of Oakland and Detroit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What?

That bullpen is tremendous. One blown save, Aaron Loup saved RA Dickey's ass two nights ago with the bases loaded and no outs. It's not full of big names, but is very consistent. If anything the Jays need an upgrade in the rotation and even that I'm not sure on.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Marlins.... in June... are in 1st place.

Between them and the Blue Jays, it'd be a fresh and welcoming sight of seeing new teams battle their way for a chance at the postseason.*

*so long as the Dodgers make their way onto October, of course

Archived