2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Aaaaaand after beating up WS contender Detroit Tigers 3 out of 4 in Yankee Stadium, we're gonna lose 2 out of 3 to the Indians in the same venue. You have GOT to be kidding me. No wonder we're looked at as fake contenders and people penciling in the Orioles as AL East Champions.

Edit: Speaking of the Orioles, we get them in Baltimore next. Judging by this season, we'll beat them, then get beat up by the Rays. *Sigh*

and what do the Orioles have to do with this post?

Uhh maybe because that's our next series? And they lead the AL East, and if the Yankees weren't so damn inconsistent, we would probably be leading the division instead of fighting for our playoff lives, maybe? :angered:
Oh I gotcha. I thought you were talking about the Tigers... Anyway... The Orioles are legit and they hold the largest division lead in baseball at I believe 6 games. The Orioles have won 7 consecutive series. They may slow that rate down a bit but I think they will end up winning the East. They are contenders aat this point.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaaand after beating up WS contender Detroit Tigers 3 out of 4 in Yankee Stadium, we're gonna lose 2 out of 3 to the Indians in the same venue. You have GOT to be kidding me. No wonder we're looked at as fake contenders and people penciling in the Orioles as AL East Champions.

Edit: Speaking of the Orioles, we get them in Baltimore next. Judging by this season, we'll beat them, then get beat up by the Rays. *Sigh*

Uhh maybe because that's our next series? And they lead the AL East, and if the Yankees weren't so damn inconsistent, we would probably be leading the division instead of fighting for our playoff lives, maybe? :angered:
The Yankees dont deserve to be in the playoffs, the only two teams from the AL east that deserve such are the orioles and jays. The rays suck, Yankees suck, and the Red Sox are god awful

Oh I gotcha. I thought you were talking about the Tigers... Anyway... The Orioles are legit and they hold the largest division lead in baseball at I believe 6 games. The Orioles have won 7 consecutive series. They may slow that rate down a bit but I think they will end up winning the East. They are contenders aat this point.

It's all good man, and yeah the Orioles are legit while the Yanks keep losing series that they should win.

Now two 2 games behind the Royals for the 2nd Wild Card, and two teams, the Mariners and Jays are ahead of us in the race to add.

Giants fans should not be that angry and worried right now. The Giants could be hoisting the Warren C. Giles NL trophy and hosting Games 3, 4, and 5 of the World Series this October. These slumps happen all the time, but for the sake of competition in baseball, it shouldn't last long.

The Giants have been prone to these summer slumps, but here's the bottom line- baseball is a "get in and you can win" business. The Giants have won 2 WS titles with teams that weren't quite as talented or statistically eye-catching ala their 1993, 2000, or 2003 teams.

All they have to do is get one of the 5 NL playoff spots and they have a puncher's chance.

Bryce Harper "disrespected" the Atlanta Braves "A" behind home plate and is getting a lot of hate and criticism for it... To put it into perspective, if Harper did that to the Yankees "NY" it would result in a million dollar fine and 5 year ban for defacing and vandalism of property.

If you don't want someone to step on your logo, don't put it in the dirt or grass.

Bryce Harper "disrespected" the Atlanta Braves "A" behind home plate and is getting a lot of hate and criticism for it... To put it into perspective, if Harper did that to the Yankees "NY" it would result in a million dollar fine and 5 year ban for defacing and vandalism of property.

If you don't want someone to step on your logo, don't put it in the dirt or grass.
Seriously, what do they do when they clean the field at night? Execute the groundsperson who swept up the dirt?
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think the commotion is mostly because Harper clearly drug his foot across the logo as he was walking across.

It's definitely an overreaction, but I guess that's what happens when you have some sort of negative reputation. People are gonna jump on you for everything you do.

Archived