2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richards leaves Angels-Sox game after twisting knee/leg covering first.

Not good if it's serious. Easily the Angels best pitcher this season.

When Sosh was interviewed, all he said was "it's serious". Let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Mother. :censored: er.

I think the Reds are done. They're playing like absolute crap and have been for some time.

To me, I just can't take Milwaukee seriously. However, I thought they'd drop back to reality sometime in July but they're still in first. I do see St. Louis taking the division and also first in the NL. I think San Fran will heat up big time in these last 6 weeks. That said, the only two with any shot of knocking Milwaukee out of the last wild card are Atlanta and Pittsburgh if they get their groove back with McCutchen back in.

I still see the Angels getting in even with Richards out, but not winning a series.

My predictions:

AL

1. Oakland

2. Baltimore

3. Detroit

WC Game- Kansas City over LA Angels

NL

1. St. Louis

2. Washington

3. LA Dodgers

WC Game- San Francisco over Pittsburgh

sig.png

I think the Reds are done. They're playing like absolute crap and have been for some time.

To me, I just can't take Milwaukee seriously. However, I thought they'd drop back to reality sometime in July but they're still in first. I do see St. Louis taking the division and also first in the NL. I think San Fran will heat up big time in these last 6 weeks. That said, the only two with any shot of knocking Milwaukee out of the last wild card are Atlanta and Pittsburgh if they get their groove back with McCutchen back in.

I still see the Angels getting in even with Richards out, but not winning a series.

My predictions:

AL

1. Oakland

2. Baltimore

3. Detroit

WC Game- Kansas City over LA Angels

NL

1. St. Louis

2. Washington

3. LA Dodgers

WC Game- San Francisco over Pittsburgh

I don't think Pittsburgh or San Francisco will get in. Pittsburgh can't pitch or score runs any more (typical August swoon - see 2011 and 2012). San Francisco has talent and are fun to watch when they're on, but pitching has been so-so since June. It's hard to think both of those teams will just start dominating in time for the playoffs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If the Giants get in the postseason, and the Dodgers get the No. 1 seed in the NL, and the Giants beat them, and if the Cardinals get in the postseason, and they beat Washington or whoever, and it's another Cards-Giants NLCS, I wonder who would win and in how many games?

If the Giants get in the postseason, and the Dodgers get the No. 1 seed in the NL, and the Giants beat them, and if the Cardinals get in the postseason, and they beat Washington or whoever, and it's another Cards-Giants NLCS, I wonder who would win and in how many games?

This is definitely what will happen because baseball hates all of us. Cardinals in 5 because baseball really hates all of us and then we'll get cloying stories about how it's healing the region after Ferguson.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I can't wait for the shots of flush-faced white guys in "God Bless America" t-shirts and how baseball is healing them. One more cup of indignity for the road.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is definitely what will happen because baseball hates all of us. Cardinals in 5 because baseball really hates all of us and then we'll get cloying stories about how it's healing the region after Ferguson.

You may be right with the healing of the city or region when sports teams win after tragedies. I could see the Cardinals winning in 5 over the Giants in a potential NLCS rematch, but Game 5 would be at AT&T Park.

Richards out for 6-9 months.......

:censored: .... :censored: .... :censored: ............... :censored:

It's okay though - Angels just acquired Gordon Beckham, so the season is saved.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived