2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richards out for 6-9 months.......

:censored: .... :censored: .... :censored: ............... :censored:

It's okay though - Angels just acquired Gordon Beckham, so the season is saved.

Because that's what we needed. Lose your best pitcher, acquire a back-up infielder hitting .221. He's not starting over Kendrick, or Aybar, or even Freese. Soooo, whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If there is a Cardinals-Giants NLCS this year, I would see this happening:

Cardinals win Game 1

Cardinals win Game 2

Cardinals win Game 3

Giants win Game 4

Cardinals win Game 5

I don't think it will happen, hopefully it does, but oh well.

What will the scores be?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If there is a Cardinals-Giants NLCS this year, I would see this happening:

Cardinals win Game 1

Cardinals win Game 2

Cardinals win Game 3

Giants win Game 4

Cardinals win Game 5

I don't think it will happen, hopefully it does, but oh well.

What will the scores be?

Cardinals win Game 1 10-1

Cardinals win Game 2: 2-0

Cardinals win Game 3: 5-4

Giants win Game 4: 6-5 (11 innings)

Cardinals win Game 5: 8-6

Cardinals win NL championship series, are back to back National League champions, head back to World Series

That's how I would predict it. But I don't know if these two teams would meet in the NLCS, or get to the NLCS. We'll see.

McCarthy is probably right. The Reds are probably not going to the postseason this year. I thought Bryan Price would be a better manager than this, it's very disappointing for baseball. But Price shouldn't get the blame. I don't know if Jocketty should either. He's one of the most respected and beloved general managers in sports.

Red Sox struggles continue. Matt "Brian Wilson Beard" Shoemaker is carrying a no-hitter for the Angels through 6 2/3 innings.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Red Sox struggles continue. Matt "Brian Wilson Beard" Shoemaker is carrying a no-hitter for the Angels through 6 2/3 innings.

The Reds and the Red Sox are both disappointing. It's time for a future World Series champion to repeat this 2010's decade. It's time for reigns.

Because that's what we needed. Lose your best pitcher, acquire a back-up infielder hitting .221. He's not starting over Kendrick, or Aybar, or even Freese. Soooo, whatever.
I have a feeling Howie or [hopefully] Green might be headed out to find a starter. I don't know what Grant Green could get for the Angels, but it has to be better than Wade LeBlanc.

On the plus side, Matt Shoemaker continues to have a great year. Maybe it's just me trying to be positive in wake of G-Rich's injury, but I don't think the season's over. This is a team that can hit and has a good bullpen. Crazier things have happened.

I have a feeling Howie or [hopefully] Green might be headed out to find a starter. I don't know what Grant Green could get for the Angels, but it has to be better than Wade LeBlanc.

On the plus side, Matt Shoemaker continues to have a great year.

Shoemaker has done realy well this year.

When I first heard about Beckham, I thought it was the end of the Prime Minister of Defence John MacDonald, because he hasn't been hitting that well at all and coming in as late inning defence. But Green could be flipped and the Angels could be able to throw in one of the fringe players also.

IEI5Tg1.png

If you think Mike Scioscia is going to get rid if John MacDonald, you're forgetting why and for how long he kept Jeff Mathis around.

Yeah, Shoemaker has done well, Weaver's been pretty good after his rough start, and Wilson looks to have found himself in his last two starts. Losing Richards is still a big hit, but taking a step back, I think this team has enough to absorb it, at least short term. The bullpen is shored up, the team is hitting, and I'm good with Weaver in a Game 1. If Wilson and Shoemaker can step up and take those 2/3 roles, they're still right there. I think there's still there to take the division and even get through an ALDS, but losing a 1/2 punch of Richards/Weaver will hurt in a potential ALCS/World Series.

You're right, Shumway. Beckham has to be a set up for some move. There's too many in the infield right now, so someone's getting unnecessarily getting sent down or getting shipped out for some pitching help.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

McCarthy is probably right. The Reds are probably not going to the postseason this year. I thought Bryan Price would be a better manager than this, it's very disappointing for baseball. But Price shouldn't get the blame. I don't know if Jocketty should either. He's one of the most respected and beloved general managers in sports.

Jocketty is to blame despite how respected and beloved you think he is. He did nothing in the offseason to improve a weak offense or add depth to the minor or major league rosters.

Bryan Price hasn't managed his bullpen or his decisions in games well and the Reds' record in one run games is atrocious as a result.

Also the Reds have had a rash of injuries to key players.

It happens and it's not "disappointing to baseball". In competition some teams win and some teams lose. Stop using the word heartbreaking.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sad to see Gordon Beckham go. Not because he's a great player now, but because of the promise he held and the potential he showed. He absolutely should have been a perennial all-star. The Sox screwed him over by giving him a mind-:censored: buffoon as a hitting coach his first three years, no doubt. But he has had plenty of chances, and he can't figure it out. Other than a few flashes a year where he seems to be putting it together and shortening his swing, it's the same old stuff.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into a solid player and hit 20 homers a year, but the Sox were right for cutting bait, particularly because they've got plenty of middle infielders lined up in the minors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's shameful that we may see the possibility that no team will win 100+ games this year. Shameful. If I were a manager, my goal would be to win 110-120 games. Period. Rest some of the top players some days after we clinched the division and home-field advantage throughout the AL and NL playoffs. Next year, in 2015, teams should aspire for that goal. Period. It makes the game more exciting.

It's shameful that we may see the possibility that no team will win 100+ games this year. Shameful. If I were a manager, my goal would be to win 110-120 games. Period. Rest some of the top players some days after we clinched the division and home-field advantage throughout the AL and NL playoffs. Next year, in 2015, teams should aspire for that goal. Period. It makes the game more exciting.

I can't believe I am bothering to reply to this, but here goes . . .

Do you seriously think there is a manager who's goal is not to win as many games as possible? Every team would love to win 110 games, but it has only happened six times in baseball history (and only twice in the last 60 years). Put another way, it is damn near impossible.

Despite your usual hyperbole, there is nothing "shameful" about the fact that the season may end without a 100 game winner. If it does, it won't be because any teams failed to make their best efforts to do so.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

WTF

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived