• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've definitely been waiting to see the day someone do this with the USFL. Your illustrations/concepts are greatly designed.

Jacksonville's design is excellence BUT there is enough white in the unis. The yellow numbers come of a bit tacky. Maybe adds some white lines into the uniforms to break the orange and yellow (personally i think the yellow is unnecessary).

Michigan's design is nearly perfect, IMO. Those colors go extremely well to together (something that would be good for like the grizzlies). The only thing this back is the uniforms which could be a little more modern to fit the logo.

Washington's is good as well. I just don't get a patriotic vibe from the eagle you drew. Other than you adding in stars into the uniforms, this teams could be easily called the green hawks or eagles or something. Maybe taking more of an influence from the old logo (an abstract looking eagle with a star for an eye?).

These are just suggestions. But overall, great job. BTW, 1. minimize the font size of the wordmarks on the uniforms. It makes the uniforms looks semi-proish. 2. will be designing a new USFL logo? Maybe you can add into the uniforms?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

These are incredible.

I really like how the back of the Michigan helmet forms an 'M' and is simultaneously reminiscent of the famous Michigan Wolverines helmet.

My one critique is that those Dallas Cowboy-like sleeve stripes would not go down very well in Washington.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

My one critique is that those Dallas Cowboy-like sleeve stripes would not go down very well in Washington.

Well, they did have the star on the sleeves for the '84 season. both home and road with a silver helmet too boot. So this was executed in real life but not solely the blame for their woes. winning only 7 games in 2 seasons coupled with the Redskins success was their recipe for disaster.

I really like this thread keep up the good work. My favorite so far is the Bulls. Radically different to the original. A minor complaint,I think the home uniforms need either white or yellow pants, it feels a bit too "dark"

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

I've definitely been waiting to see the day someone do this with the USFL. Your illustrations/concepts are greatly designed.

Jacksonville's design is excellence BUT there is enough white in the unis. The yellow numbers come of a bit tacky. Maybe adds some white lines into the uniforms to break the orange and yellow (personally i think the yellow is unnecessary).

Michigan's design is nearly perfect, IMO. Those colors go extremely well to together (something that would be good for like the grizzlies). The only thing this back is the uniforms which could be a little more modern to fit the logo.

Washington's is good as well. I just don't get a patriotic vibe from the eagle you drew. Other than you adding in stars into the uniforms, this teams could be easily called the green hawks or eagles or something. Maybe taking more of an influence from the old logo (an abstract looking eagle with a star for an eye?).

These are just suggestions. But overall, great job. BTW, 1. minimize the font size of the wordmarks on the uniforms. It makes the uniforms looks semi-proish. 2. will be designing a new USFL logo? Maybe you can add into the uniforms?

These are all really good critiques, most of which I considered at some point in the design process.

For the Bulls, the yellow numbers were originally white until I accidentally turned them yellow and liked how it looked. I think it works because of the continued trend throughout the uniform of orange over yellow stripes, and in this case the collar acts as the orange while the numbers act as the yellow.

I also agree with you about Washington, Ill be the first to admit that the eagle is a little too generic for my liking. I tried really hard to incorporate a star into either the eye or the whole body of the eagle, but it always looked too forced. When I tried the star as the entire eye the eagle looked soulless, and when I tried it as a reflection in its eye it was too small and got lost. Ill go back to it at some point in the future.

And yes I will be doing a new USFL logo at some point.

No alternate for Washington?

I like the black alt you just set up!!! Looks great! Keep up the good work!! What's next??? Outlaws? Breakers? Invaders? Can't wait

Thanks, yes I did end up doing an alt for washington. I didn't really like the idea of a black alt at first, but when I tried it it actually came out pretty good.

I also may go back to Washington at some point and tweak the sleeves to distance them from the cowboys a little more.

Pittsburgh Maulers are done, too.

For now my photobucket is still over the limit so ill just have to post the link.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Pittsburgh-Maulers/14962405

Let me know what you think

Ill probably do either the Boston Breakers or Orlando Renegades next.

On a side note, does anyone know how to change the title of a thread, Id like to update it as I add new teams. Thanks.

You have to go to your original post on the first page click edit then click full editor then you can change the title

So I recently did a Michigan Panthers concept inspired by the new A11 football stuff coming out right now. It was fun so I've decided to do a few more. I probably won't do the whole league but I'm open to any suggestions on which teams to do. Im just posting uniforms here, but i will post links to the entire project, which includes logos and apparel.

C&C welcome

First up: Jacksonville Bulls.

Full project HERE

Home:

JacksonvilleBullsHomeJersey_zps8ccbf6b8.

Away:

JacksonvilleBullsAwayJersey_zpsb66f893c.

Alt:

JacksonvilleBullsAltJersey_zpsa6d4331a.p

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Jacksonville-Bulls/14727333

The Panthers are quite good, but not feeling the Bulls at all. Kinda hurt my eyes, and not trying to be mean.

Guest darkpiranha

Re

On a side note, does anyone know how to change the title of a thread, Id like to update it as I add new teams. Thanks.

Go to the first post, click edit, then on the bottom you'll have the option of using the Full Editor. When you click on that, it goes to a page where you can edit everything about it, including the title.

{doh! Looks like someone already answered it. But now you have confirmation that that's what you do}

I like everything about the Maulers except the new logo...for some reason, I prefer the edge/simplicity of the old logo. Well done with this concept and the others.

Agree, not feeling the logo at all. Then again, i've never been too hot about this teams' logo in it's original context and the Maulers have always been in my 19th place as far as USFL logos/and or uniforms go.

I'm hoping you do up teams like the Wranglers,Gamblers and the Breakers sooner then later

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Pittsburgh's is the best. By far although, there is something off w/ the whites (the numbers).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived