MLB Expansion: Carolina Hammerheads *Jersey updates*

prrams95

CLICK TO EXPAND. Its hard to see the detail just as is

A few months ago I was on the interwebs and I saw a article about how a new species of Hammerhead sharks were found and named the Carolina Hammerhead. And I thought it would be a good nickname for a MLB team if or when the mlb expands (which I hope they do to get rid of this inter league play nonsense.) So heres my first go at what they would look like. I did not just play off the colors of the Panthers. though played off of the State Gemstone being Emerald.

C & C please.rig6cp.png2je2vcx.png

pittsburghbanner.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great concept you got here! Like the unique (as of now) color scheme. However, I have a feeling this could be confused for the Rays. Also, I wonder what a cursive script logo could look like...

I'm pretty new at this and I don't believe I have the software for that, this is the best I could do with what I have. I would also like to do a cursive script for the away jersey.

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I was going to harp on you for not using a hammerhead's distinguishing feature (its head), but I didn't notice that the C was a full shark; in fact, I thought it was an H you just tacked a tail onto. If you intended that C to double as an H, kudos for that; it's one of those things that takes awhile to see, making the uniform seem fresher once you notice it

When I first saw the logo and colors I thought maybe there would be confusion with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. But looking more into it, there is nice distinction between the two clubs. I like the combination of the teal and back in the third choice kits. I really really liked the alternate C on the hat...nice job on it!

I was going to harp on you for not using a hammerhead's distinguishing feature (its head), but I didn't notice that the C was a full shark; in fact, I thought it was an H you just tacked a tail onto. If you intended that C to double as an H, kudos for that; it's one of those things that takes awhile to see, making the uniform seem fresher once you notice it

In all honesty, I was just going for an H that looks like a Hammerhead and was not even considering that there was also a C involved. That's why I wanted to posted and get peoples view. Thanks for the new view on my own concept!

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I would use the C/H logo as the primary more so than the fin. A shark fin is a little too generic, IMO. With a name like "hammerheads" I think the uniqueness of the head and shark shape should be the focus.

My intent was for the C/H to be the primary. I just havent gotten around to posting it on its own

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I would use the C/H logo as the primary more so than the fin. A shark fin is a little too generic, IMO. With a name like "hammerheads" I think the uniqueness of the head and shark shape should be the focus.

My intent was for the C/H to be the primary. I just havent gotten around to posting it on its own
Good deal. With the C/H logo, it's interesting because I never saw an "H" - I saw it as a "C" right away.

gYH2mW9.png

Good deal. With the C/H logo, it's interesting because I never saw an "H" - I saw it as a "C" right away.

2wm29mb.pnghere's the full version

pittsburghbanner.jpg

2wm29mb.pnghere's the full version

Great logo! Well done!

I'm all for a team using Teal.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Wow people are either scarred to be critical or have a horrible eye for design.

He said with no criticism himself.

I think this is a very good start. The black, white and grey all have a way of making that aqua really pop, which is awesome. I do have a few suggestions, though:

Your CH-Hammerhead. I get what you're trying to do, but it doesn't read very well. It's almost there. Maybe if the tail were swishing up, instead of down, it might read more as a C? You've also got some weird gradation/jpeg artifacting going on in the teal bit. Whether or not it was intentional, I'm not sure, but it's distracting to me.

The Carolina script. Again, good, but there's a few details that could be made cleaner. The C has a different stroke than the rest of the mark.

The Fin. Flip it horizontally - people like logos that go to the right. It's naturally how the eye moves when looking at anything, and it also implies "forward progress/momentum." I like the white hashes in the fin itself, but I think the outline could be a little thicker for a bigger impact.

You've got a great foundation here, now finish it :)

Theres nothing I hate more than people leaving a comment saying something like that without giving their two cents. Help them out with some ideas if you don't like it.

Theres nothing I hate more than people leaving a comment saying something like that without giving their two cents. Help them out with some ideas if you don't like it.

I don't even know where to begin, start over for starters.

Archived